(3:20 p.m. EST) -- Seabourn Cruise Line has announced the lineup of speakers for the Seabourn Conversations program aboard new ship Seabourn Ovation, debuting in May 2018.
While many cruises have only a destination expert speaking about the region, select sailings bring onboard celebrities, experts and other big names. Highlighted speakers include:
- Sir Tim Rice, famed Broadway and West End lyricist, on the May 5 maiden sailing
- Dr. Andrew Weil, pioneer in integrative medicine and wellness guru, also on the May 5 sailing
- Michael Teitelbaum, Harvard Law school historian and author, on the May 26 and November 14 sailings
- Armando Manni, olive oil and chocolate expert, on the August 4 sailing
- Warren Fahey, cultural historian and performer, on the November 14 sailing
- Dean McFlicker, award-winning producer and director for NBC Entertainment and Broadway choreographer, on the December 4 sailing
- Grand Harrold, Britain's Official Etiquette Expert and former butler to royalty, on the October 1 sailing
"We've always viewed enrichment as an essential part of the travel experience for our guests, bringing the most engaging personalities aboard to enlighten them, and the tradition continues on Seabourn Ovation during its maiden season," said Seabourn President, Richard Meadows, in a statement.
Seabourn Ovation is a sister ship to Seabourn Encore; both carry 600 passengers and are designed by Adam D. Tihany. Ovation, like its fleetmates, will feature spacious cabins, multiple dining venues and inviting lounges. The new ship will spend its maiden season cruising Northern Europe.
--By Erica Silverstein, Senior Editor