February 6, 2018
(11:40 a.m. EST) -- Cruisers heading to Alaska this spring or summer with UnCruise Adventures now have more options to extend their trip with the company. The expedition cruise line has revealed seven new land tours that focus on exploring Anchorage, Girdwood, Seward and the Kenai Fjords National Park.
Developed through a partnership with Alaska Alpine Adventures, the four- and five-night packages will take cruisers to parts of Alaska they normally wouldn't see on a cruise, while offering a variety of quintessentially Alaskan activities -- ranging from hands-on dogsledding adventures to hikes across ice fields and a river float in the Chugach Mountains.
According to Dan Blanchard, CEO of UnCruise Adventures, partnering with the tour operators will allow UnCruise passengers to "experience a different side of the area with everything from the rugged terrain of ice fields to the culture and precision of the Iditarod mushers."
Packages on offer include:
- Kenai Alpine Adventure: Four-night pre-cruise, available to Safari Quest cruisers between May 20 and August 30, 2018.
- Kenai Alpine Endeavor: Four-night post-cruise, available to Safari Endeavor passengers on the September 2, 9 and 16th sailing.
- Kenai Alpine Explorer: Five-night pre-cruise, available to Safari Explorer cruisers on Safari Explorer between May 27 and September 3.
- Kenai Alpine Wilderness: Five-night post-cruise, available to people on Wilderness Adventurer or Wilderness Explorer on the September 8 or 15th sailings.
- Chugach Mountains & River Quest: Four night pre-cruise, available to Safari Quest cruisers on the May 20 sailing.
- Chugach Mountains & Rivers Adventures: Four-night post-cruise, available to S.S. Legacy passengers on the April 29, May 6 and 13th sailings.
- Chugach Mountains & Rivers Wilderness: Five-night post cruise, available to Wilderness Adventurer or Wilderness Explorer passengers on the April 21 and 28, and May 5 and 12 cruises.
All tours are open for booking and will operate roundtrip from Anchorage, except for the Kenai Alpine Explorer tour, which goes from Anchorage to Juneau. They also feature overnights in Anchorage, Girdwood and Seward.
--By Dori Saltzman, Senior Editor