(4 p.m. EST) -- Families with Paris on their bucket lists will soon have another vacation option, with Adventures by Disney's new Seine River cruises.
In 2019, the company -- which operates land tours around the world, as well as a variety of river cruises in partnership with AmaWaterways -- will begin sailing nine-night routes between Paris and Normandy. Each cruise will include two days of exploring Paris on land; then continue with eight days on France's Seine River, visiting ports such as Conflans and Vernon. Cruisers also will have the option to extend their trip with a visit to Disneyland Paris Resort.
Among the highlights of Adventure by Disney's new Seine River cruises are:
- Interactive culinary experiences, including a gourmet food-tasting tour, regional wine and cheese sampling, and a macaron-making demonstration
- Guided tours of Paris icons, including Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre
- Active excursion options for the whole family, including biking, canoeing, horseback riding, a ropes course and hiking on the stunning cliffs of Etretat
- Immersive local experiences, including a visit to Monet's House and Gardens in Giverny, a hands-on painting workshop and an apple orchard visit with Calvados tastings
- Visit to the Normandy American Cemetery
- Castle tours of Chateau de Bizy, Chateau Malmaison and Chateau Gaillard
The Seine River program will include two summer 2019 departures with a focus on families, as well as two food and wine-themed sailings in fall 2019, exclusively for adults. It will contribute to a record-breaking 21 river cruise departures for the company, in 2019. Adventures by Disney also operates river cruises on the Danube and Rhine rivers.
In addition to the new Seine River cruises, Adventures by Disney will debut new Southern California land tours that can be added to cruises departing from San Diego in 2018.
--By Gina Kramer, Editor