During the three dry docks, Oceania will:
• add Baristas, the line's coffee bar, where passengers can enjoy free Illy espressos, cappuccinos and pastries;
• add a miniature golf course, plus shuffleboard courts and a selection of deck games to the sports deck -- and remove the cabanas;
• revitalize the Canyon Ranch Spa Club with new steam rooms and changing rooms;
• update Terrace Cafe with a new state-of-the-art grill, as well as new furnishings, wallcoverings and lighting;
• refurbish the main lounge with new carpeting, chairs and upholstery;
• and add new bathrooms with oversized showers to the owner's and vista suites, while also updating all other cabins and penthouse suites with new decor.
The dry docks are scheduled from April 24 to June 6 with Insignia and Nautica getting face-lifts in Marseilles, and Regatta in Vancouver. All three ships were originally built between 1998 and 2000, but debuted under Oceania Cruises between 2003 and 2005.
--By Dori Saltzman, News Editor