(12:37 p.m. EST) -- Passengers onboard Carnival Magic got a small scare Saturday morning when they noticed smoke in a cabin corridor. No fire broke out, and the problem was quickly fixed.
“The issue was identified as an overheated electrical component within an air conditioning vent,” Carnival Cruise Lines spokesman Vance Gulliksen told Cruise Critic.
Announcements made over the ship's public address system kept the passengers apprised of the situation. Additionally, crew were positioned in the affected area to reassure passengers and answer any questions.
Smoke did not trigger the fire suppression system, and no passengers were forced out of their cabins, according to Gulliksen.
In two unrelated events, a Carnival Magic passenger was medevacked Saturday afternoon to a shoreside medical facility, and fog caused a brief delay in the ship getting back to Galveston Sunday.
No Carnival Magic itineraries were affected.
--by Brittany Chrusciel, Editorial Assistant