(9 a.m. EST)-- Following yesterday's news that Royal Caribbean will cancel Legend of the Seas' planned call in Mumbai, the line is offering more details on the itinerary changes.
Legend of the Seas is on a 27-night cruise from Rome to Singapore and had been due to call in Mumbai on Sunday for an overnight stay. Following the terror attacks in the city earlier this week, Royal Caribbean made the decision that it wouldn't be safe for the ship to call in the Indian port.
Legend of the Seas is currently in Dubai, and it will now remain there until midnight on Friday. Royal Caribbean has also said it is monitoring the situation in Goa and Cochin, two other Indian ports. Goa -- a hotspot for tourists -- is already on alert in light of the attacks.
Royal Caribbean has said that guests who purchased cruise line shore excursions in Mumbai will receive a refund in the form of credit to their onboard account.
Azamara Quest is due to call in Mumbai on December 7 and Oceania's Nautica is expected on December 9 -- at this point, none have announced cancellations, but are watching the situation closely.
We'll keep you posted. --by Kelly Ranson, U.K. Editor
Share your comments on this story!