When Will Ocean Cruise Lines Resume Service?
Adventure Canada: January 7, 2022
- Sailings resumed March 20, 2021 aboard AIDAperla.
- Additional voyages will restart in late May in Greece.
- AIDAsol will begin cruises from Kiel, Germany on June 16, and Warnemunde on June 26.
Alaskan Dream Cruises: Operations resumed in Alaska in April 2021.
Aqua Expeditions. Aqua Expeditions' ship Aqua Blu opened in Indonesia for local Indonesia residents in August 2020.
Aurora: October 29, 2021
Australis: September 25, 2021
Azamara: August 28, 2021 on Azamara Quest
- All cruises on Azamara Pursuit and Azamara Journey are suspended until September 2021
Bahamas Paradise: July 16, 2021
Blue Lagoon Cruises: August 1, 2021
Captain Cook Cruises: Operations resumed December 19, 2020
Carnival: All ships are currently sailing except the following:
- Carnival Freedom from Miami, October 9, 2021
- Carnival Valor from New Orleans, November 1, 2021
- Carnival Legend from Baltimore, November 14, 2021
- Carnival Radiance from Long Beach, December 13, 2021
- Carnival Conquest from Miami, December 13, 2021
- Carnival Sunshine from Charleston, January 13, 2022
- Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral, February 11, 2022
- Carnival Sensation: March 2022
- Carnival Paradise: March 2022
- Carnival Ecstasy: March 2022
- Carnival Splendor & Carnival Spirit from Australia: Late-February 2022
- Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled for the 2020-2021 season.
- In addition: The May 1 Transatlantic crossing on Apex; May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Millennium began from St. Maarten on June 5, 2021 before repositioning to Alaska to begin sailings on July 23, 2021.
- Voyages on Celebrity Edge began from Fort Lauderdale on June 26, 2021
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Silhouette began from Southampton, U.K. July 3, 2021.
- Voyages about Celebrity Summit will take over from Celebrity Millennium from St. Maarten in July.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Equinox resume in Fort Lauderdale on July 25, 2021
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Xpedition will resume in The Galapagos Islands on July 31, 2021.
- Voyages aboard Celebrity Xploration resume in the Galapagos on September 18, 2021
- Celestyal Crystal: April 30 , 2022
- Celestyal Olympia: April 18, 2022
Coral Expeditions: Coral Adventurer resumed operations in January 2021.
Costa: May 1, 2021 aboard Costa Smeralda only; May 16 aboard Costa Luminosa only.
CroisiEurope: June 7, 2021 on the Douro in Portugal. Remainder of the fleet will return on a staggered basis through October.
*Editor's note: Crystal Cruises is no longer sailing, as of February 2022.
- Queen Elizabeth: Mid-August for ex-UK voyages. New international sailings begin October 13, 2021.
- Queen Mary 2: November 14, 2021. World Cruise 2022 cancelled & replaced with Caribbean voyages January-April 2022.
- Queen Victoria: April 22, 2022.
Disney Cruise Line:
- Disney Magic: November 8, 2021 (Disney Magic will begin new UK-only "staycation" voyages on July 15, 2021).
- Disney Wonder: September 24, 2021
- Disney Dream: August 9, 2021
- Disney Fantasy: September 11, 2021
Dream Cruises: Sailings resumed in the spring of 2021.
Fred. Olsen: All ships are currently sailing except:
G Adventures August 1, 2021
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises: Limited sailings resumed July 31, 2020 aboard Europa 2 for German, Swiss and Austrian residents only. Hanseatic Inspiration will resume from Hamburg and Kiel from June 5, 2021 and will be joined by Hanseatic Nature on June 15, 2021.
Hebridean Island Cruises: June 8, 2021
Holland America Line: All ships are currently sailng except:
- Koningsdam: October 10, 2021
- Rotterdam (2021): November 5, 2021
- Nieuw Statendam: November 21, 2021
- Volendam and Zaandam: May 2022
Hurtigruten: August 15, 2021, from Dover, U.K. on MS Maud (note Norwegian coastal voyages have continued through the pandemic for Norwegians only).
- Select expedition itineraries aboard MS Fram, MS Fridtjof Nansen and MS Roald Amundsen are canceled through July 2021.
- Expedition sailings aboard MS Trollfjord are canceled entirely.
- From July on the Coastal Voyage (Bergen-Kirkenes-Bergen) for the following ships: MS Kong Harald, MS Nordlys, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Polarlys, MS Richard With, MS Vesterålen
Lindblad June 4, 2021 for Alaska and Galapagos sailings. All other destinations TBA.
The Majestic Line: May 18 2021.
Maple Leaf Adventures: July 1, 2021.
Marella Cruises: June 25, 2021 on Marella Explorer
Metropolitan Touring: Metropolitan restarted Galapagos voyages on August 2, 2020.
- MSC Meraviglia from Miami: August 2, 2021.
- MSC Divina from Port Canaveral: September 16, 2021.
- Baltic sailings will commence for guests of all ages from the Schengen area in Europe, plus residents of Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria on July 3 from Kiel, Germany on MSC Seaside, operating seven-night itineraies with port calls in Sweden and Estonia.
- MSC Grandiosa began sailings from Barcelona on June 26, 2021.
- MSC Splendida restarted summer sailings for Schengen residents on June 13, 2021 offering Eastern Mediterranean itineraries from Trieste.
Norwegian Cruise Line: September 2, 2021 except for the following ships:
- Norwegian Jade on July 25 from Piraeus, Athens
- Norwegian Encore from Seattle on August 7, 2021
- Norwegian Gem from Miami on August 15, 2021
- Norwegian Breakaway from New York on September 26, 2021.
- Norwegian Bliss from Los Angeles to Mexican Riviera on October 24, 2021
- Norwegian Escape from Port Canaveral on November 13, 2021.
- Norwegian Pearl will sail from Miami offering Panama Canal, Bahamas and Caribbean cruises beginning Dec. 23, 2021.
- Beginning Jan. 20, 2022, Norwegian Jewel will be the first ship in the fleet to offer roundtrip Panama Canal cruises from Panama City (Colón and Fuerte Amador).
- Norwegian Sun will sail for the first time in Asia beginning Jan. 28, 2022, offering a five-day Japan itinerary from Hong Kong, before sailing a variety of 11-day cruises from Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok.
- Norwegian Spirit will cruise 12-day Australia and New Zealand voyages from Sydney, and Auckland, New Zealand beginning Feb. 9, 2022.
- Sailings on Norwegian Joy are suspended through November 13, 2021.
- Sailings on Norwegian Dawn are suspended through November 21, 2021
- Sailings on Norwegian Sky are suspended through January 21, 2022
- Sailings on Norwegian Star are suspended through January 2, 2022
- Pride of America sailings are suspended through 2021.
NYK Cruises November, 2020 and resumed again on March 26, 2021.
Oceania Cruises: August 29, 2021, from Copenhagen on Marina.
- Riviera from Istanbul on October 18, 2021.
- Insignia from Miami, on December 21, 2021.
- Sirena from Miami, on January 22, 2022.
P&O Cruises: June 27, 2021, on Britannia; August 7 on Iona, for domestic sailings only.
- Azura -- December 10, 2021
P&O Cruises Australia: December 17, 2021; select voyages cancelled through February 2022
Paul Gauguin: August 21, 2021
Pearl Seas Cruises: TBA
Ponant: Ponant resumed operations June 16, 2021, with itineraries in Iceland, France and the Mediterranean.
Poseidon Expeditions: July 9, 2021
Princess Cruises: Staggered restart as follows:
- Majestic Princess from Seattle to Alaska: July 25, 2021.
- Regal Princess from Southampton: July 31, 2021.
- Grand Princess from Los Angeles (San Pedro): September 25, 2021
- Ruby Princess from San Francisco: October 24, 2021
- Enchanted Princess from Fort Lauderdale: November 10, 2021
- Sky Princess from Fort Lauderdale: November 20, 2021
- Caribbean Princess from Fort Lauderdale: November 28, 2021
- Crown Princess from Los Angeles: February 13, 2022
- Island Princess from Fort Lauderdale: March 6, 2022
- Royal Princess ffom Vancouver: April 8, 2022
Quark Expeditions: July 10, 2021
Regent Seven Seas: September 11, 2021, from the U.K., on Seven Seas Splendor.
- October 16, 2021, from Venice, on Seven Seas Explorer.
- December 18, from Miami, on Seven Seas Mariner.
- January 6, 2022, from Miami, on Seven Seas Navigator.
- February 15, 2022, from Barcelona, on Seven Seas Voyager.
Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection: The first ship for Ritz Carlton, Evrima, has been pushed back once again and will now debut in May 2022 instead of November 2021.
Royal Caribbean: Staggered restart as follows:
- Sailings aboard Quantum of the Seas in Singapore, which began in December 2020
- Sailings aboard Spectrum of the Seas in China, which started April 29, 2021 (and from July 30 will include Hong Kong).
- Sailings aboard Adventure of the Seas from Nassau, which began June 12, 2021.
- Sailings onboard Freedom of the Seas, began on July 2 from Miami.
- Sailings onboard Anthem of the Seas from the U.K. began on July 7, 2021.
- Sailings onboard Jewel of the Seas from Limassol, Cyprus began on July 10.
- Sailings onboard Serenade of the Seas to Alaska from Seattle began on July 19.
- Sailings onboard Odyssey of the Seas, beginning July 31 from Fort Lauderdale.
- Sailings onboard Allure of the Seas from Port Canaveral beginning August 8.
- Sailings onboard Ovation of the Seas to Alaska from Seattle will begin on August 13.
- Sailings onboard Symphony of the Seas from Miami beginning August 14.
- Sailings onboard Independence of the Seas from Galveston beginning August 15.
- Sailings onboard Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral beginning August 23.
- Sailings on Oasis of the Seas from Cape Liberty (Bayonne) beginning September 5.
- Sailings from Australia are cancelled through the 2021-2022 season.
- Spirit of Adventure: July 26, 2021
- Spirit of Discovery: June 27, 2021
Sea Cloud Cruises:
- Sea Cloud: August 6, 2021
- Sea Cloud II: August 30, 2021
- Sea Cloud Spirit: September 14, 2021
Seabourn: Seabourn has paused its fleet until the following dates:
- Seabourn Ovation: July 3, 2021 with new voyages from Piraeus, Greece.
- Seabourn Odyssey: July 18, 2021 from Bridgetown, Barbados
- Seabourn Quest: November 7, 2021 from Miami
- Seabourn Sojourn: January 11, 2022 from Los Angeles
- Seabourn Encore: April 17, 2022 from Piraeus, Greece
SeaDream Yacht Club: June 26, 2021
Scenic: January 1, 2022 for South America, Antarctica voyages aboard Scenic Eclipse.
Silversea: Sailings will resume beginning in June 2021 aboard Silver Moon.
- Silver Moon: Resumed June 18, 2021
- Silver Origin: Resumed June 19, 2021
- Silver Muse: July 29, 2021
- Silver Shadow: July 30, 2021
- Silver Spirit: September 3, 2021
- Silver Dawn: November 9, 2021
- Silver Explorer: November 10, 2021
- Silver Cloud: November 14, 2021
- Silver Whisper: November 17, 2021
- Silver Wind: November 20, 2021
- Royal Clipper: September 14, 2021
- Star Flyer: September 18, 2021
- Star Clipper: November 13, 2021
Tauck: July 2021 for select cruise departures like the Galapagos Islands.
TUI (Mein Schiff): Mein Schiff 1 and 2 operate voyages through the Canary Islands. Mein Schiff 5 will sail from Crete beginning in May 2021.
UnCruise Adventures: May 7, 2021
Variety Cruises May 14, 2021
Viking Cruises: May 22 for three U.K. coastal cruises; June 2021 for new departures from Bermuda and Iceland.
Virgin Voyages: August 6, 2021 for Scarlet Lady for a series of coastal cruises from Portsmouth, England; and for its second ship, Valiant Lady, November 14, 2021.
Windstar Cruises: On March 26, 2021, Windstar announced it will return its fleet to service on the following schedule, excluding voyages to Alaska, Mexico or the United States:
- Star Breeze – June 19, 2021 – Caribbean
- Wind Star – June 19, 2021 – Mediterranean
- Wind Spirit – July 15, 2021 – Tahiti
- Wind Surf – August 8, 2021 – Mediterranean
- Star Legend – September 4, 2021 – Northern Europe
- Star Pride – November 3, 2021 – Caribbean
Zegrahm Expeditions: TBD
When Will River Cruise Lines Resume Service?
Amadeus: Amadeus resumed service in Europe for international passengers July 27, 2020
AmaWaterways: July 1, 2021, except Portugal Douro sailings, through June 15, 2021.
American Cruise Lines: ACL restarted in March 2021.
American Queen Steamboat Company: AQSC restarted March 21, 2021.
APT: June 1, 2021
Arena Travel: June 22, 2021
A-ROSA River Cruises: June 16 on the Douro, June 19 on the Danube and June 27 on the Rhine.
Avalon Waterways: July 2021 on the Seine, with Rhine, Danube, Rhône and Moselle to follow.
Captain Cook Cruises (Murray River): Resumed operations in late 2020.
Century Cruises: Century Cruises restarted for Chinese passengers only on August 12, 2020.
CroisiEurope: June 7, 2021 on the Douro River.
Crystal River Cruises: August 29, 2021
Emerald Waterways: July 31, 2021, on the Douro River. Sailings on the Rhine restart August 19, followed by the Danube on August 30.
Fred. Olsen River Cruises: River voyages are canceled for the 2021 season.
Gate1 Travel: August 1, 2021
Grand Circle: Small ship adventures resume August 2021
Nicko: June 3 on the Douro.
Pandaw: Voyages in Myanmar cancelled until further notice.
Riviera Travel July 2, 2021, on the Douro.
Scenic: July 30, 2021 on the Douro.
St. Lawrence Cruise Lines:: July 8, 2021
Tauck: August 2021 with additional departures coming on-line in September 2021
Teeming River Cruises: TBA.
Titan: July 1, 2021
Travelmarvel: June 1, 2021
TUI River Cruises: August 2, 2021
Uniworld: June 20, 2021
Vantage Deluxe World Travel: June 2, 2021
Victory Cruise Lines: TBA 2021
Viking River Cruises: July 2021