June 11, 2020
(Updated 4:43 p.m. EST) -- Holland America Line has announced further sailing cancellations due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, including all 2020 voyages scheduled to depart from the Port of Vancouver and early 2021 voyages to Hawaii from San Diego.
The following voyages are affected, including shorter segments of these sailings and Collector's Voyages that combined multi-segment journeys of the following itineraries:
- Eurodam Sept. 26, 2020, 22-day Panama Canal cruise from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Koningsdam Sept. 26, 2020, seven-day Pacific Northwest cruise from Vancouver to San Diego, California.
- Koningsdam Jan. 16 and Feb. 2, 2021, Circle Hawaii Voyages roundtrip from San Diego.
- Maasdam Sept. 21, 2020, 16-day Mexico and Sea of Cortez itinerary from Vancouver to San Diego.
- Noordam Sept. 27, 2020, 14-day North Pacific Crossing from Vancouver to Yokohama, Japan.
- Volendam Sept. 30, Oct. 3 and Oct. 10, 2020, three- and seven-day Pacific Northwest and coastal cruises from Vancouver.
- Westerdam Sept. 20, 2020, 17-day Circle Hawaii cruise roundtrip from Vancouver.
- Westerdam Oct. 7, 2020, 23-day Inca Discovery voyage from Vancouver to San Antonio (Santiago), Chile.
Passengers on affect voyages will receive 125 percent of the cruise fare paid as a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for travelers who have paid in full. Those who have not yet paid in full for their voyages will be entitled to double the deposit amount paid for the cruise as an FCC. The FCC is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022.
Those who prefer to receive refunds can visit Holland America's Cancellation Preferences form to indicate this, though refunds must be requested no later than July 15, 2020. Refund amounts will be 100 percent of the fare paid.
The line had previously canceled all cruises to Alaska for the 2020 season, along with voyages to British Columbia, Europe, Canada & New England, and Holland America Line's fall Grand Voyage aboard Amsterdam. Sister-lines Princess and Seabourn also made sweeping operational pause announcements at that time as well.
Holland America is one of many cruise operators suspending cruise voyages across the world. In early March, Holland America announced a temporary pause on operations of its 14-ship fleet for 30-days, due to end on April 14, 2020, because of the global COVID-19 pandemic.