November 20, 2019
(2:40 p.m. EST) Royal Caribbean has revealed its summer and fall itineraries for 2021, led by the announcement that both Symphony and Allure of the Seas will sail alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises during the summer of 2021.
Both of the Oasis-class vessels will offer seven-night cruises calling on Royal Caribbean's private island experience, Perfect Day at CocoCay, among other Caribbean ports of call. Symphony of the Seas will sail from Miami, and Allure of the Seas will depart from Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida.
The deployment will follow Allure of the Seas' $165-million "amplification" that will see the addition of the Ultimate Abyss, a dry slide that boasts a 10-story plunge. The refurbishment will also give Allure of the Seas Royal Caribbean's Perfect Storm trio of waterslides; a new array of culinary options including Giovanni's Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar, plus other passenger favorites.
In November 2021, Allure of the Seas will depart for its winter season of cruises, with Harmony of the Seas taking its place in Port Canaveral.
Royal Caribbean also announced itinerary options for the newly amplified Oasis of the Seas, which will sail from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey. Passengers will be able to enjoy new dining options, including Royal Caribbean's Portside BBQ, along with new hot spots like Spotlight Karaoke and Music Hall.
Anthem of the Seas will also sail from Cape Liberty after a summer of cruising from Southampton, England. The ship will offer seven-night voyages from Cape Liberty to the Bahamas, along with a handful of Southern Caribbean itineraries.
Other announcements from Royal Caribbean for the summer and winter of 2021-2022 include:
- Vision of the Seas, which returns for a winter season of 10-and-11-night Southern Caribbean itineraries from Fort Lauderdale.
- Rhapsody of the Seas, which will sail from Tampa on seven-night cruises to the Western Caribbean.
- Empress of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas will both sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico during the winter of 2021-2022 to the Southern Caribbean, with calls on ports like St. George's, Grenada and Barbados. During the summer of 2021, both vessels will sail from Cape Liberty on itineraries to Bermuda and the Canadian Maritimes.
- Enchantment of the Seas homeports in Baltimore and sails to Bermuda and the Bahamas during the summer of 2021, expanding to eight-and-12-night voyages to the Southern Caribbean during the winter months.
- Brilliance of the Seas will spend the fall of 2021 in Boston, offering cruises to the Canadian Maritimes.
- Liberty of the Seas will continue to sail from Galveston, Texas on seven-night Western Caribbean cruises before repositioning to Miami for the winter of 2021 to offer short three-and-four-night voyages to the Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay.
Royal Caribbean is also offering a greater number of short Caribbean cruise getaways during the summer of 2021. The revamped Mariner of the Seas will continue to sail year-round from Port Canaveral on three-and-four-night itineraries to the Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay during the summer, followed by four-and-five-night itineraries in the winter months.
The amplified Navigator of the Seas will also offer short runs, sailing a mix of three-and-four-night sailings from Miami to The Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay during the 2021 season.
Bookings open today for Royal Caribbean's summer 2021 Caribbean sailings aboard Allure, Empress, Freedom, Liberty, Symphony, Harmony, Oasis, Rhapsody, and Vision of the Seas. Sailings on Anthem of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas will open the week of December 2, 2019. Sailings aboard Mariner and Navigator of the Seas open the week of December 16, 2019.