(2:40 p.m. BST) -- Marella Cruises has exclusively revealed that Marella Explorer is set to enter dry dock for a refresh on 11 October, less than 18 months after launching in May 2018.
The 1,924-passenger ship leaves Southampton today, 10 October, for Brest, France, where the ship will spend 24 days receiving a number of interior updates.
Here’s what passengers can expect to be updated:
- The Lounge will be fitted with new tiled flooring and new interior furniture, including lounge chairs, bar stools and table lamps.
- The Marketplace buffet restaurant will be revamped to make the space appear brighter, with new flooring and furniture and a second self-service soda machine.
- In cabins, Junior Suites will get Bluetooth speakers, and Executive Suites will get new artwork, Bluetooth speakers, USB sockets, new sofa beds, new dining tables and chairs, and lounge chairs.
- The kids-only splash pool will get a new slide, and the teen-room, Hideout, will see AstroTurf installed outside and new furniture added.
- Champneys Spa will be fitted with a new pedicure throne.
- The Gamerzone will get a new neon sign and gaming chairs.
- The Squid & Anchor pub will get new furniture.
- The Pool Bar will get a cosmetic refurb, including new tiling, counter, shutters, lighting and bar stools.
Marella Explorer will spend the winter in the Canary Islands, departing on its first post-dry dock cruise on 8 November from Tenerife.