(Updated 10 a.m. BST) -- Cruise Critic members revealed details of Marella Cruises' Winter 2020/2021 deployment earlier this month, with 10 brand-new itineraries now confirmed by the line.
Marella's oldest ship, Marella Celebration, will return to Dubai, offering week-long "Arabia Awaits" sailings from the UAE; Marella Discovery and Marella Discovery 2 will switch -- with Discovery spending the season in the Caribbean and Discovery 2 in South East Asia, sailing two-week "Flavours of the Far East" and "Wonders of the Far East" itineraries.
The line's newest ship, Explorer 2 will spend its second winter in the Caribbean, while Explorer will spend the season in Europe.
Marella Cruises' managing director, Chris Hackney, said: "We’re really pleased to share details of our winter 2020 programme. Our customers loved being able to book their summer holidays earlier than ever so it seemed only natural to offer this flexibility for winter too.
"We’re always looking at ways we can offer even more choice to the destinations that customers really want to visit and given the popularity in tourism to Dubai it seemed like the perfect opportunity for us to have one of the fleet homeport there again."
Here's where the fleet will be deployed:
- Marella Celebration will sail two new itineraries from Limassol, Cyprus, and Dubrovnik, Croatia, while spending December 2020 to March 2021 in Dubai.
- Marella Dream will sail out of Bridgetown, Barbados, from November 2020 until March 2021, then Palma, Majorca, in April 2021.
- Marella Discovery will spend the season, from November 2020 through March 2021, offering sailings out of Montego Bay, Jamaica. The ship's new repositioning cruise is a 13-night "Capture the Caribbean" itinerary from Malaga, Spain, calling at Turks and Caicos.
- Marella Discovery 2 will offer a mix of itineraries from Laem Chabang in Thailand and Langkawi in Malaysia.
- Marella Explorer will sail out of Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, and Santa Cruz, Tenerife from November 2020 through March 2021, plus a new six-night "Magic of the Mediterranean" itinerary from Corfu.
- Marella Explorer 2 will offer sailings out of Bridgetown, Barbados from November 2020 through March 2021, plus a new 14-night "Atlantic Explorer" itinerary from Malaga to Barbados.
The line's winter 2020 programme is on sale today.