(3:00 p.m. EDT) – Equinox, Celebrity Cruises’ only ship to sail the Caribbean year-round, has emerged from dry dock with a slew of new features such as exclusive areas for suite passengers, the line's popular Le Petit Chef experience and an all-new Craft Social bar. It is the third ship in the fleet and the first in Celebrity's Solstice class to undergo the Celebrity Revolution, a $500 million program to upgrade every ship in the Celebrity fleet by 2023.
“Celebrity Equinox holds a very special place in the hearts of everyone at Celebrity Cruises, and also for our guests; this one-of-a-kind ship continues to be the most awarded in our entire fleet,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.
“Now, emerging from her dramatic modernization, our guests are going to love the new, ‘revolutionized’ Celebrity Equinox even more. There is no better way to experience the Caribbean year-round than on board this stunning ship.”
The ship-wide upgrades include:
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, including The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive sun-soaked hideaway, and The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club)
- Le Petit Chef and Le Petit Chef and Friends, two interactive dining experiences offered in Qsine, during which the table comes to life as tiny animated chefs help to prepare your food
- A completely reimagined Passport Bar
- Craft Social (formerly Gastrobar), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers, wine and cocktails on tap, comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs and leather seating
- Refreshed staterooms and suites ship-wide
- Interactive S.T.E.M.-focused programming for young cruisers, offered in the kids' club
- Digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and Xcelerate WiFi, as well as the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, allowing smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys
- New treatments and products offered at The Spa by Canyon Ranch, including three new Signature Couples’ treatments, Dyson Supersonic blow-outs, Mink and Rapid Lash services, and new customized facials by Reveal Machine
- New retail offerings, including John Hardy Boutique, Kate Spade and a new watch boutique featuring Shinola, Hublot and other Swiss watch brands
In total, Celebrity Equinox was in Cadiz, Spain, for 29 days (starting on May 4, 2019) while the upgrades were completed.
After Celebrity Millennium kicked off the program in 2018, Celebrity Summit was the second ship to get the Celebrity Revolution treatment (read our review of those modernizations). Celebrity Silhouette is the next ship scheduled to be upgraded, with an expected completion date of January 31, 2020.