(8:30 a.m. GMT) -- Singer and comedian Des O'Connor, former British politician Ann Widdecombe, Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards, "Dallas" actress Linda Gray and Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrell, are among this year's line-up of onboard speakers announced by Princess Cruises.
Actors, singers, musicians and athletes will take to the stage on the line's UK-based ship Sapphire Princess when it sails from Southampton during spring and summer 2019. The line-up marks the third year Princess has hosted a U.K. speaker programme.
Each of the 12 guests will give a 45-minute talk followed by a question and answer session and passengers will also be able to attend meet-and-greet sessions, including photographs and book signings.
"After two successful UK-based speaker programmes we are thrilled to announce its return for a third year," said Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK & Europe. "As well as welcoming back firm favourites including Linda Gray and Eddie The Eagle we're looking forward to hosting new celebrities with a wide range of backgrounds and interests.
"With Sapphire Princess returning to the UK for a second season it gives us great pleasure to offer our guests the chance to hear from such a well-known group of speakers, who will further add to the wide range of entertainment and activities we will already have onboard."
Guest speakers on the 2019 line-up are:
- David Walsh (sports journalist, four-time Irish Sportswriter of the Year and three-time U.K. Sportswriter of the Year) on 11-night Canary Island cruise departing April 16.
- Tessa Sanderson (former British Olympic gold medallist javelin thrower and heptathlete) on seven-night Scandinavia cruise departing April 27.
- Allan Dennis Rich (songwriter, former Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe nominee) on 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing May 4.
- Ann Widdecombe (former Conservative Party politician, contestant on "Big Brother" and "Strictly Come Dancing") on seven-night Norwegian fjords cruise departing May 18
- Paul Burrell (butler to Diana, Princess of Wales) on seven-night Spain and France cruise departing May 25 and 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing June 1.
- Samantha Bond (actress, Miss Moneypenny in "James Bond" and Lady Rosamund Painswick in "Downton Abbey") on seven-night Scandinavia cruise departing June 29.
- Gok Wan (British fashion consultant, author and TV presenter on "How To Look Good Naked" and "Gok's Fashion Fix") on seven-night Norwegian fjords cruise departing July 6. As part of his stay Gok will also host a 'red carpet' fashion event onboard.
- Duncan James (British singer, TV presenter and "Hollyoaks" actor) on 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise departing July 27.
- Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards (former British Olympic skier, portrayed in the biographical film "Eddie The Eagle") on both the 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise departing July 27 and seven-night Norwegian fjords cruise departing August 10.
- Des O'Connor (British singer, comedian and TV presenter on "The Des O’Connor Show” and "Countdown") on 14-night Mediterranean Adventurer sailing departing August 17.
- Linda Gray (actress, Sue Ellen in "Dallas" and Mrs Robinson in "The Graduate" theatre production in the West End) on both the 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing August 31 and 24-night Canada & New England cruise departing September 14.
- Fatima Whitbread (former British Olympic javelin thrower and world record holder) on 24-night Canada & New England cruise departing September 14.