(5:25 p.m. EDT) -- Itching for a European getaway? Carnival Cruise Line has revealed a slew of new itineraries that include destinations such as Norway, Scotland, Ireland, Croatia, Portugal, Greece, Greenland and Iceland for summer and fall 2020.
The cruises onboard Carnival Legend will depart in June and early July; a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Tampa departing on October 30 also will be offered. Carnival's itineraries announcement comes just weeks after it revealed it would return to Europe in 2020, with a series of Mediterranean cruises on Carnival Radiance (currently sailing as Carnival Victory).
"We've put together an unmatched program of European cruises, featuring off-the-beaten path destinations as well as some of the most popular seaside port cities," said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. "There's no better way to choose fun in Europe."
Carnival Legend's Europe cruises will be offered through the line's Carnival Adventures program, which the line touts as having more destination-immersive shore excursions.
Below is a breakdown of the newly released itineraries:
- A 16-night Northern trans-Atlantic crossing from New York to London from June 3 - 19, with day-long visits to Qaqortoq, Greenland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Lerwick, Shetland Islands; Belfast, Northern Ireland; and Cork, Ireland.
Video: Former Cruise Ship Captain Offers "Ghost Tours" Of Empty Cruise Liners In South England
How To Make A Towel Animals: Swans, Dogs And Elephants
Towel Animals With Carnival Cruise Line And Cruise Critic: How To Make A Towel Dog
Towel Animals With Carnival Cruise Line And Cruise Critic How To Make Towel Swans
Towel Animals With Carnival Cruise Line And Cruise Critic: How To Make A Towel Elephant
[Sponsored] Interview With John Padgett
How To Make Carnival Cruise Line's Famous Warm Chocolate Melting Cake - Video
Adventures By Disney Seine River Cruises
Shaquille "Shaq" O'neal Named Chief Fun Officer Of Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line's "Choose Fun" Commercial
Carnival Splendor Highlights
Carnival Conquest Highlights
Carnival Pride Highlights
Carnival Dream Highlights
Carnival Sunshine Highlights
Carnival Breeze Highlights
Carnival Liberty Highlights
SkyRide On Carnival Vista: Cruise Critic Tries It
Carnival Vista Top Deck Attractions
Behind the Scenes at CSMART - Carnival's Arison Maritime Training Center
Cruise Pier Runners In Cozumel -- Carnival Liberty
Cruise Critic Quick Chat With Carnival CEO Arnold Donald
- A nine-night Norwegian Fjords cruise roundtrip from London, June 19 - 28, visiting the following Norwegian ports: Bergen, Olden, Molde, Trondheim, Alesund, and Stavanger, as well as the Norwegian fjords.
- A nine-night Western Europe cruise from June 28 - July 7, from London to Barcelona, visiting Paris, France; La Coruna and Malaga, Spain; Porto and Lisbon, Portugal; and Gibraltar.
- Nine- to 12-night Mediterranean cruises between Venice and Barcelona, including stops in Marseilles, France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Rome (Civitavecchia) and Naples, Italy; Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Valletta, Malta; and Dubrovnik and Rijeka, Croatia.
- A 16-night trans-Atlantic crossing from Barcelona to Tampa Oct. 30 - Nov. 15, with calls at Malaga, Spain; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands; Antigua; San Juan; and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic).