St. Thomas Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

St. Thomas Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating 316 Reviews
Experience marine life and coral forms on a snorkeling adventure in St. Thomas. Coral ledges and bay walls offer superb views.
Details & Booking
Member Image SailawayWI
Nov 2018
Our chartered boat did what we wanted, took us to great snorkeling spots provided drinks for the whole family and were amazing. Take a look at Bama Breeze V.I. for any snorkeling or boating trips in USVI. They are amazing. Buck Island had amazing water clarity.
Read SailawayWI's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Myfamilyisblessed
Aug 2018
We went with Buck Island Snorkeling. Our catamaran was Castawaygirl #4. The guides Chris,Judy,and Dillon were entertaining and loads of fun! We're looking forward to snorkeling again!
Read Myfamilyisblessed's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Mike_Mac
Aug 2018
Ferry ride to St John was smooth and enjoyable, transportation to the snorkeling cove was quick on relatively new, open-air taxis, and the beach was amazing. Snorkeling conditions were excellent. You could probably do this excursion for much cheaper on your own if you're more familiar with the island. Still, for a first time visit, we enjoyed ourselves.
Read Mike_Mac's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image marie_s
Jul 2018
Did the Luxe Power Cat to Secluded Congo Cay excursion. The boat was frustratingly crowded at the beginning, especially getting on near the end. Ride out bumpy. The snorkeling was disappointing. There was some coral and few fish. After that, though, they were giving out drinks - a mixed drink they called Pain Killer. Could have the rum with coke if your preferred. The music was playing, and the atmosphere became festive. They made a stop at a deserted beach (probably used by locals before recent hurricane). It was fun to swim in ocean. Some people did jumps off boat. More drinking and music. So, I wouldn't recommend it because there has to be better snorkeling excursions, but it was fun on the way back.
Read marie_s's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image may00003
Jun 2018
On a cat with 68 others.. was pretty fun. The crew was great. The time short and sea life not so great.. saw a sea turtle and a ray.. some said they saw a sand shark..
Read may00003's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lmvd
Jun 2018
Snorkeling is always fun- only issue being the weather ! it rained throughout but the kids had a great time anyway. Boat crew great fun and managed regardless.
Read lmvd's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Jacwlyn
Jun 2018
Castaway Girl 3 was an awesome adventure. I would definitely sail with them again.
Read Jacwlyn's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Red Coral Bay
May 2018
We scheduled a snorkeling excursion in St. Johns at Trunk Bay. It was a very rough ride on the Island Girl ferry boat that took us to St. Johns (passengers sitting on the benches outside the cabin got wet). A number of passengers were seasick. Hurricane damage to the island and reef is readily apparent and repairs are progressing slowly. The "snack shack" in Trunk Bay is closed so there are no drinks, food or souvenirs to purchase there. (Note: The Island Girl ferry boat has a fantastic crew and great narrative is given. They did let everyone know that the Trunk Bay snack shop was closed and offered light snacks for purchase at a reasonable price. The only downside is that although the ferry did have two small but very clean bathrooms, only one was working which was insufficient for the number of people on board. Once you get off the ferry, it is only about a 15 to 20 minute beautiful open air bus ride to Trunk Bay.)
Read Red Coral Bay's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image enapage
May 2018
Took the Fury out to Buck island and had a great snorkeling experience. Saw one turtle when I first jumped in, then large King Fish, Sea Rays... Then I ended up finding another turtle and he swam with me and surfaced just feet from me. Stayed with me for 15 minutes. Didn't think I'd get that close. Captain and crew were great and the experience on the sailboat with info from the Captain Mike about how they managed during the storms of 2017 were very interesting.
Read enapage's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Fury Charters
Member Image loco1969
Apr 2018
We did the Discovery Family Two Island Snorkel and Beach Getaway by Fastcat. We boarded the Virgin Breeze Powercat and headed to Buck Island to snorkel, the crew provided all of the necessary equipment. We spent an hour or so here. We saw a ton of different fish, sea urchins and coral; however, we didn't see any turtles until we all got back on the boat and one peaked it's head up out of the water. On the way to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island the crew provided soda, water or rum punch for adults and had the music playing. Once we got to Honeymoon Beach, my girls stayed close to the shore and looked for shells and sea glass, they found quite a bit. My SO and I did some more snorkeling, I went out away from everyone else and found a turtle, that was the highlight of my day! The boat had an open bar for the time we were at the beach. After spending an hour or so there, we boarded to head back to our ship. The crew kept the party going with free-flowing rum punch, my glass never had a chance to get emptied lol. Overall, it was a great excursion and I would highly recommend it to anyone going to St. Thomas.
Read loco1969's full Regal Princess cruise review
Member Image kellylantz
Mar 2018
excellent tour on big comfortable catamaran, great experience. swam with turtles
Read kellylantz's full Royal Princess cruise review
Member Image cguinn74
Mar 2018
FastCat snorkeling and honeymoon bay on the Captain Morgan boat! Best excursion we did. Great value! Saw a sea turtle and awesome coral etc. then an hour at Honeymoon Beach - staff was so fun, boat was fast and the snorkeling was a lead tour. Free rum punch the entire time and kids had fun jumping off boat at the beach. A must do!
Read cguinn74's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kymbo1024
Mar 2018
We took a boat ride to Turtle Bay. The staff on the ship was great. We got to see one turle, stingray and fish. Wish I would have had a little more time in the water.
Read kymbo1024's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image LGSue
Mar 2018
Loved the trip to Turtle Bay and the ship wreck. The crew was great and the ride back to our ship under sail was wonderful.
Read LGSue's full Viking Sea cruise review
Member Image suzyworldtraveler
Mar 2018
We enjoyed a catamaran ride right from the pier, which was great. Sometimes you have to take a taxi over to the other side of the island, which takes a ton of time and isn't the most scenic trip. So, was good to have more time on the water. Headed to shipwreck cove. The only complaint was, there were 150 of us booked for this excursion, so even though there were 3 catamarans, it was too many people in the water all at one time in such a small area. The crew on the boat were awesome, though.
Read suzyworldtraveler's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image asoj
Mar 2018
Castaway girl with snorkeling at Buck Island in Shipwreck cove was a great experience. The staff was nice, many tips to show us the best spots. We saw the shipwreck, a turtle, a big baracuda and lots of fish of all colors.
Read asoj's full MSC Seaside cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Goodguys
Feb 2018
The only catamaran cruise that actually made on our cruise which included snorkeling. The guides on this excursion were independent and were top notch, professional and we got to see sea turtles and an octopus!
Read Goodguys's full Viking Sea cruise review
Member Image Tellier134
Feb 2018
snorkeling with turtles, and then to a small beach that wasn't plagued with tourists. Worth the money if you have the excursion credits.
Read Tellier134's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image liseybeast
Feb 2018
Great crew on the catamaran and snorkeling.
Read liseybeast's full Royal Princess cruise review
Member Image Vegancruzer
Feb 2018
Great tour operator - we had a lot of fun even though we didn't see many fish and the reefs are looking pretty sad. Highly recommend this excursion.
Read Vegancruzer's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Dillydaly
Feb 2018
WAY TOO MANY people on the excursion!! Poor leadership once in the water. Just way too many people with a guide. Boat was packed!! Music & rum punch were good.
Read Dillydaly's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image unamused
Feb 2018
Boat adn excursion staff were friendly helpful and made the day fun
Read unamused's full Royal Princess cruise review
Member Image tourtaker
Jan 2018
Easy, interesting snorkeling. Shipwreck is interesting, and the turtles and colorful fish are great to see. and we saw a sting ray. Good crew on the Castaway Girl, and great snacks and refreshments.
Read tourtaker's full Viking Sea cruise review
Member Image Antec9000
Dec 2017
We had orginally booked a different snorkeling trip at St Thomas but I didn't look at my shore excursion ticket very well and we missed the time to depart on the shore excursion that I purchased. So, thank goodness, they allowed us to "trade up" (for a higher price) to another shore excursion. It was the Buck Island Catamaran and Snorkeling Tour. I don't recommend this one if you want to go snorkeling to see fish and coral at St Thomas. We loved the catamaran sailing experience but the snorkeling sucked! We didn't see anything underwater.
Read Antec9000's full Allure of the Seas cruise review