Labadee Haiti Cultural tour Excursion Reviews

Labadee Haiti Cultural tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Tour through Haiti's rich culture by visiting villages, the beach, and experiencing the local culture.
Member Image joilynnf
Jun 2018
This was fabulous. We went to a private cove, only 47 people with plenty of beach and ocean room for all of us. The tour guide knew the history well and made it interesting. The "Haitian village" was smaller than I expected but very interesting. We got to taste fresh made peanut butter, smell fresh ground coffee from beans grown right there and a yucca bread (more like a flat bread or tortilla) made over a fire. I teach history so the information was super relevant. I feel like I have a better understanding of the people on the island.
Read joilynnf's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image funatseacruise
Jun 2018
Tour Guide spent too much time talking about the bad of the government and not enough discussing the history.
Read funatseacruise's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image hokiejac
May 2018
Good historical lecture but nothing really historic on it
Read hokiejac's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mmgruner
May 2018
The band played the same song non-stop for almost two hours while the guide was trying to talk over it.
Read mmgruner's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image dobagirl
Mar 2018
If this is the tour about Labadee's history & traditions, it was excellent. This little village & it's enthusiastic people are lovely ambassadors for Haiti. They scratch the surface of the essence of this amazing country.
Read dobagirl's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image PHJohn
Mar 2018
very cultural and entertaining.
Read PHJohn's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image weezer18
Jan 2018
Family really liked it.
Read weezer18's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Peaceful2
Dec 2017
Interesting dance and constructed village. Nice audience participation.
Read Peaceful2's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image venicia
Dec 2017
This is a new tour and needs a lot of work. The history portion of the tour is excellent, but then a 4 part show is done. This show could be done in 10 minutes and not spread out as long or as boring. One other negative feature, the tour started at 11:30 and ended at 2, which means the beach bar b q was closed. I know, there is a lot of food on the ship, but it is fun to have the bar b q on the beach. I think in time this will be an interesting tour, just needs kinks worked out.
Read venicia's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image peteresar
Nov 2017
It was really good we really enjoyed the show they put on. I found the people selling goods way too pushy though, that it why I gave it only a "very good". I understand that this is how they make their money, but they were to the point of I felt I HAD to buy the item. They pushed it into my had and followed me till I found my husband to pay for it. It was quite intimidating.
Read peteresar's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image BoydHolland
Sep 2017
Port is owned by Royal Caribbean so expect a theme park like experience. Our guide did not tell much about Haitian culture or history. Terrible experience!
Read BoydHolland's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image babs_29
Sep 2017
Wish I'd been told to bring cash to tip the native Haitians who showed us their lives. I felt awful having no money to tip them. They deserve and need the help. Even just a couple of dollars each. And earned it by showing us what they do.
Read babs_29's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Bellebabs
Aug 2017
Short and seemed to be a different way to ask for tips. Some good info. Good native dance presentation but again lots of passing the hat.
Read Bellebabs's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mhman
Aug 2017
Tour was great. Port was really bad. See my full review for why.
Read mhman's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cathietats
Aug 2017
We waited a long time for the ride to this area in Haiti. Once we got there all our angst was gone. BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL. Relaxing. Nice little tour of what a village in Haiti would be like.
Read Cathietats's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Mamacita254
Jul 2017
For anyone interested in the history of Labadee, this is the tour to take! It was called Traditional Labadee booked through RC. They fairy you over to the island and the history begins. To how they make their own concrete to build with, to native traditions such as curing through nature, the leaves and herbs used to cure many ailments. We were treated to rituals, music,dancing and refreshments made from fresh sugar cane and lemon. they even show you how they squeeze the juice out of the sugar cane to make the drink. There they make there own sculptures made by hand out of mahogony. Beautiful place, with an amazing history and wonderful friendly people. Our son was enthralled by it all and thanked me for booking this excursion so full of history and culture, a memory he will never forget. We highly recommend this one and the price was great, we even saved money when it went on one of their sales. Not to be missed!
Read Mamacita254's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Chloe777
Jul 2017
interesting to learn more about other cultures
Read Chloe777's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Luckyzia
Jul 2017
We loved the walking tour of the island, our guide gave us great information on Haiti and Labadee that was very interesting to us.
Read Luckyzia's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Tiger8sec
Jul 2017
Short boat trip to a small village, guide was very good and informative with the history, gave a dancing and fire eating performance and plenty of bongos playing. Showed how they extractec sugar cane sap and made a drink.
Read Tiger8sec's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image marsha.pfeifer
May 2017
Enjoyed the cove swimming. Haiti village was just a few people making peanut butter, bread and grinding coffee, not really a village.
Read marsha.pfeifer's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image eatz99
May 2017
Lots of great facts about Haiti. Good to take first thing off the boat.
Read eatz99's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image christy_carter
May 2017
We enjoyed a nice boatride which gave lots of information about the island. We really saw the coastline. It was helpful learn from the locals. Was able to ask lots of questions, learning of great places to stay from the locals should I want to fly there for a visit.
Read christy_carter's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image GbDollie01
Apr 2017
Had nothing to do with Haiti, we walked the Royal Caribbean beach area.
Read GbDollie01's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kadeaton
Great tour with great commentary. Busses were newer - bus small - and tight fit
Read kadeaton's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jrswillis
Apr 2017
A slow start with too much exposition and too much tip-grubbing, but the fire-eating voodoo priest was weirdly entertaining, and we enjoyed learning more about sugar cane processing.
Read jrswillis's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review