Labadee Haiti Cultural tour Excursion Reviews

Labadee Haiti Cultural tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Tour through Haiti's rich culture by visiting villages, the beach, and experiencing the local culture.
Member Image peteresar
Nov 2017
It was really good we really enjoyed the show they put on. I found the people selling goods way too pushy though, that it why I gave it only a "very good". I understand that this is how they make their money, but they were to the point of I felt I HAD to buy the item. They pushed it into my had and followed me till I found my husband to pay for it. It was quite intimidating.
Read peteresar's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image BoydHolland
Sep 2017
Port is owned by Royal Caribbean so expect a theme park like experience. Our guide did not tell much about Haitian culture or history. Terrible experience!
Read BoydHolland's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image babs_29
Sep 2017
Wish I'd been told to bring cash to tip the native Haitians who showed us their lives. I felt awful having no money to tip them. They deserve and need the help. Even just a couple of dollars each. And earned it by showing us what they do.
Read babs_29's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Bellebabs
Aug 2017
Short and seemed to be a different way to ask for tips. Some good info. Good native dance presentation but again lots of passing the hat.
Read Bellebabs's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mhman
Aug 2017
Tour was great. Port was really bad. See my full review for why.
Read mhman's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cathietats
Aug 2017
We waited a long time for the ride to this area in Haiti. Once we got there all our angst was gone. BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL. Relaxing. Nice little tour of what a village in Haiti would be like.
Read Cathietats's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Mamacita254
Jul 2017
For anyone interested in the history of Labadee, this is the tour to take! It was called Traditional Labadee booked through RC. They fairy you over to the island and the history begins. To how they make their own concrete to build with, to native traditions such as curing through nature, the leaves and herbs used to cure many ailments. We were treated to rituals, music,dancing and refreshments made from fresh sugar cane and lemon. they even show you how they squeeze the juice out of the sugar cane to make the drink. There they make there own sculptures made by hand out of mahogony. Beautiful place, with an amazing history and wonderful friendly people. Our son was enthralled by it all and thanked me for booking this excursion so full of history and culture, a memory he will never forget. We highly recommend this one and the price was great, we even saved money when it went on one of their sales. Not to be missed!
Read Mamacita254's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Chloe777
Jul 2017
interesting to learn more about other cultures
Read Chloe777's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Luckyzia
Jul 2017
We loved the walking tour of the island, our guide gave us great information on Haiti and Labadee that was very interesting to us.
Read Luckyzia's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Tiger8sec
Jul 2017
Short boat trip to a small village, guide was very good and informative with the history, gave a dancing and fire eating performance and plenty of bongos playing. Showed how they extractec sugar cane sap and made a drink.
Read Tiger8sec's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image marsha.pfeifer
May 2017
Enjoyed the cove swimming. Haiti village was just a few people making peanut butter, bread and grinding coffee, not really a village.
Read marsha.pfeifer's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image eatz99
May 2017
Lots of great facts about Haiti. Good to take first thing off the boat.
Read eatz99's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image christy_carter
May 2017
We enjoyed a nice boatride which gave lots of information about the island. We really saw the coastline. It was helpful learn from the locals. Was able to ask lots of questions, learning of great places to stay from the locals should I want to fly there for a visit.
Read christy_carter's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image GbDollie01
Apr 2017
Had nothing to do with Haiti, we walked the Royal Caribbean beach area.
Read GbDollie01's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kadeaton
Great tour with great commentary. Busses were newer - bus small - and tight fit
Read kadeaton's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jrswillis
Apr 2017
A slow start with too much exposition and too much tip-grubbing, but the fire-eating voodoo priest was weirdly entertaining, and we enjoyed learning more about sugar cane processing.
Read jrswillis's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lesliepfeiffer
Mar 2017
We took a boat from the dock at Labadee a short ride away from Royal Caribbean's exclusive island area to a beach and walked ashore. We were given rum punch and left to sit on the beach or use kayaks to explore, however they were on the beach and no one was manning them, so no one used them. Our group was split into two groups and led around the wooded area above the beach on a staged cultural tour of people selling ware of candy, wood carvings, paintings, and jewelry. On the last stop before returning to the beach for more hanging around time my fifteen year old son was taken for $20.00 for a plastic necklace that was placed around his neck by the vendor. I was trying to let him be independent and look, but I did not realize he was being pressured to buy and he naively gave over $20.00 of his own hard earned money for a necklace made from plastic beads. This was a lesson to us all, but not one I would have expected on a tour we paid to go on. Other tours we took while on this cruise, we were protected by our guides and given a heads up about vendor tactics.
Read lesliepfeiffer's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image FunGranny
Feb 2017
We learned a lot about Labadee and its people. It was very interesting. Especially interesting was the closeness of the community which reminded me of the Amish of Lancaster, Pa. Their philosophy and treatments regarding medical concerns was also interesting. The dancing was enjoyable. We felt it was worth the cost.
Read FunGranny's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image FrequentVaca
Dec 2016
Lamy (the tour guide) was awesome!! He was very knowedgeable, very friendly and humble. I would have loved for the tour to be longer than one hour and have gotten to know more about him and his culture better.
Read FrequentVaca's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mr_fixit_daddy
Dec 2016
Lamy was a great tour guide. Real short walk lots of information. I would do this tour again.
Read mr_fixit_daddy's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kevindill2001
Dec 2016
was a walking lecture, followed by being dropped off in a "market" where local merchants tried to sell you trinkets
Read kevindill2001's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cyn99999
Nov 2016
Tour consists of hopping in a boat to an area not too far away from labadee. Upon arriving, you need to walk thru knee-deep water to get to the beach. Once there, you will be hassled to buy shells. Then you can relax at the private beach (with only a handful of old worn-out beach loungers, 1 kayak, or snorkel gear which carries an additional charge) or you can take the tour around a fake Haitian village which isn't a village at all instead various people at different stations designed to sell you things. Then, if you do buy something, the other vendors follow you until you are so uncomfortable you buy something just to get them to leave you alone. Disappointing that royal Caribbean charges $79 for this tour. What a waste.
Read cyn99999's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Touringc
Nov 2016
This tour took us by boat around Haiti coastline and brought us to a replica village that hired actual villagers to show the way they live. It was a great tour. The tour then gave us a beach break on a mineral spring bay. Gorgeous,however to get any swimming depth you had to venture out quite far.
Read Touringc's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Brafield Cobbler
Nov 2016
An extension of the ship so you do not see the real Haiti which is probably just as well.
Read Brafield Cobbler's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image wayfarer001
Oct 2016
Loads of people will try to sell you things, be mindful.
Read wayfarer001's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review