Port Canaveral (Orlando) Dolphin Encounter and Aquaventure Excursion Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando) Dolphin Encounter and Aquaventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
On this fascinating adventure, you will experience the unique ecosystems and wildlife of an endangered estuary in a pontoon boat. Certified eco-guides lead this expedition and explore the home of the bottlenose dolphin that will feed and swim around the boat.
Member Image Traveler81417
Aug 2017
4) NASSAU EXCURSION - Dolphin Excursion Cost $260 (not including pictures) Again too many people booked so little value for your $ & alot of wait time. I pre-booked the swim with the dolphins excursion for one of my kids & myself as an observer. I was told that I would be able to take pictures during the activity as an observer. We waited to check-in, waited to dis-embark, waited to get our excursion tickets, waited to get all the buses boarded, and then waited another 20min for the Atlantis folks to come in and do the dolphin orientation. They grouped up everyone - our group had 13 folks in it! My child got to interact with the dolphin only "4" times, pet its belly, high 5, feed it a fish, and bill kiss. She did watch as it did the same with the other 12 in her group. They stood with their backs to the shore so as an observer it offered LITTLE VALUE, when I walked into the water ankle deep to try & get a picture the life guard came over & told me to "get out of the water". The Atlantis photographer did take some pictures of each group. When they were done they & wetsuits returned we were moved to the gift shop. If you wanted to see the pictures the Atlantis photographer took there was a 30min wait in line & the pictures were $32 each. We had to walk 20min to the other side of Atlantis to get the bus back to Nassau, so we were left with little time to shop. This was fine as I was really a bit uncomfortable (2 females alone) shopping on the Nassau. We did make it to a couple shops & then had to make our way back to the ship to make it by departure time.
Read Traveler81417's full Disney Dream cruise review
Member Image elitecruiser79
Jan 2017
the kids loved the experience but I was not a fan of not being allowed to use our personal camera.
Read elitecruiser79's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Member Image erawdon
Oct 2016
Had several open water encounters with dolphins - swimming, training, and riding them.
Read erawdon's full Disney Dream cruise review
Member Image shanahan516
Not Rated
Apr 2014

Atlantis was beautiful and I got to do something I've always wanted to do.. Touch and kiss a dolpin. The water park was fun and the beach was beautiful.

Read shanahan516's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review