Cabo San Lucas Dolphin Encounters Excursion Reviews

Cabo San Lucas Dolphin Encounters cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Interact and ride through the water with friendly dolphins! Educational encounters for kids include feeding, hugging and kissing these magical creatures.
Member Image Jasmine 113
Sep 2017
We didn't get to feed the dolphins, and we only spent about 10 minutes in the water....not 20 minutes. Because the outline did not state that our possessions would be in a locker, we did not take credit cards with us. This meant that we did not buy the package that was offered....but with the cash we had were able to purchase at least something.
Read Jasmine 113's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Markanddonna
Mar 2017
The family had a great time. This was very fun and worthwhile. Others who are not participating in the water can come along to watch and photograph from afar.
Read Markanddonna's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image carinainacar
Jul 2016
Something I'd do once and never again. A little pricey but understandable for this type of excursion. Actual swim time with dolphins is about 10-15 seconds. Pictures are purchasable for around $80 extra per person, which you then have to choose your pictures using their very old, outdated, and slow desktops. Guides are alright, not the best.
Read carinainacar's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image ojer
Jul 2016
My daughter enjoyed it very much.. I'm sure sometime she will find a way to go back.
Read ojer's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image nwarmfam
Apr 2016
This excursion was so amazing, we will talk about it for the rest of our lives. The company treated the dolphins well. Their facility was so clean and organized. Their rules were posted everywhere! Their lockers were secure. They had showers to rinse off of the salt water, they had towels to dry yourself off. They seemed to love their jobs and love the dolphins. We loved it!
Read nwarmfam's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image Elitest
Mar 2016
Dolphins Cabo 3/10/16 We were traveling on the Crown Princess and book this excursion through the cruise line. We got to the dock and we met our group. We took the five minute walk to the Dolphin center in the marina. We checking and were given wristbands to split us up into groups of 6-8 people. We were given lockers for our personal items and taken up to the dolphin pool. Each group had a trainer. Ours was Wendy. She was very funny and cute the whole time. Warning: The water is COLD. Shrinkage cold. So I suggest you just jump in and get it over with. You do get used to it. Once everyone was in the water we spread out and our Dolphin, Frida would swim between all of us and we could pet her on her way by. She did this for a few minutes, then we sat on the side and watched the dolphin do some trick. She spoke, spun around, splashed and played on command. Then it was time for Dolphin rides. You had your choice you could hold on the Dorsal fin the she would pull you around and give you a ride or you could take off your life vest, put on a diving mask and get an underwater ride. I have swam with dolphins several times before and never had this option. So of course I had to try that. It was pretty cool. I didn’t get a good big breath before going under so I had to let go and surface before Frida did. But such a cool experience. To my surprise my wife even did the underwater swim. My kids decided to try the surface ride. After that Frida did some more tricks on Wendy’s commands and entertained everyone. Then we had time for group photos with her. Keep in mind you cannot bring your own camera in. It’s for your safety, the dolphin’s safety and more importantly so they can sell you photos and a video of your experience. It’s part of the experience. So after group pictures we joined up with all the other groups to see the all the dolphins do a little jumping show. They are amazing how they can jump and spin. My boys were jealous they couldn’t make that big of a splash when they jump in. Then they take you to a shower area where you can rinse off. They will give you a small towel to use as well. Then they will take you back to the lockers to change and then you get the opportunity to view the pictures and video of you and everyone in your group. You can select the ones you want and then pay for them and they will put them on a CD for you or print out prints if that’s what you choose. You do not have to buy them if you do not want. There is no pressure. We bought a package and the video. I personally love dolphin experiences. I did it the first time on our Honeymoon 16 years ago and have done it now 5 times since then. They are such smart incredible animals. I don’t believe they are treated badly. Yes they have to perform but they are fed well and have medical care if they need. They even told us they captive dolphin live longer than ones in the wild because they don’t have to fight for food and they have medical care. So I highly recommend a dolphin experience if you get the opportunity. It’s well worth the money.
Read Elitest's full Crown Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image cadien
Apr 2015
We booked this for the benefit of our 3-year old and he loved it. They have three dolphins/instructors so there were just ten people in our group. This gave everyone plenty of time for interaction and photos. The photos were well worth the extra price and the staff did a great job. Family who would like to just watch off to the side can do so for free. The included lunch was sandwiches (whole grain bread! Lettuce and tomato!), bananas, and juice boxes. Maybe also a cookie. The ride from port is long and not scenic; small children may either get restless or fall asleep. Bring rash guards for everyone. You can't wear sunscreen in the dolphin pool and there is no shade.
Read cadien's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image MontanaDoc
Mar 2015
Daughter enjoyed this. Most of the time was spent waiting. When they say 90 minutes, they mean for the actual activity. This does NOT include the drive to and from, the waiting before the activity nor the waiting afterwards. MAKE SURE YOU ARE PREPARED FOR THIS. We barely made it back in time and only did so because the ONE van they had to transport us back was able to fit us all on ONLY by having a child sit on someone's lap...not really the safest way to travel mexico at Mach 3 down the roads
Read MontanaDoc's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image FamilyCruising16
Mar 2015
The dolphin encounter was awesome espically for the kids. Getting close to the animals and touching/feeding them was great! Kids, loved this! Do be ready to spend major money if you want pictures or video of your experience.
Read FamilyCruising16's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image ShelluvE
Mar 2015
I would go to Cabo again just to swim with the dolphins again. Each person got a decent amount of time with a dolphin. Swimming under water with a dolphin is amazing. The entire experience is filmed and photographed; a bit pricey to get the pictures though.
Read ShelluvE's full Norwegian Star cruise review