St. Thomas Turtle Swim Excursion Reviews

St. Thomas Turtle Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Plunge into the waters of St. Thomas with these pleasant reptiles on an exciting turtle swim excursion. These ecotherms may be cold-blooded, but they are sure to warm your heart!
Member Image D.O.T.
Jul 2017
This was a good excursion water was great ,staff on the boat were very good .We saw and swam with sea turtles and as much rum punch and other drinks as you wanted. Plus you get on the catamaran right next to the cruise ship.
Read D.O.T.'s full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image spaceknight
Jul 2017
Swimming with the turtles was the best part of the cruise!
Read spaceknight's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Pam Irick
Jun 2017
The crew on the Snorkel/Sailing trip was awesome! The experience of swimming with the sea turtles and stingrays was fabulous! We couldn't have been more pleased.
Read Pam Irick's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image dnevans2112
Jun 2017
Really great, staff was friendly and energetic and service was very good.
Read dnevans2112's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image EricSchroeder
May 2017
Good value excursion. We got to see 2 sea turtles and a lot of tropical fish. Boat was comfy (POWERCAT) and they had complimentary water, soda, and rum punch. You get an hour on a private beach which was cool. Overall good excursion, but too many other boats go to the same snorkel spot and its congested.
Read EricSchroeder's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image stacysparty
May 2017
See above, " THE CAT" , excellent , young, informative crew, Gave great instruction, my boyfriend/I not strong swimmers, but after practicing a bit, we loved it! Saw 1 turtle, many fish, coral. Great ride back snacks, drinks. Highly recommend!
Read stacysparty's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image qzyksw
Mar 2017
Perfect. one of the best tours I have been on. Captain Mike was entertaining and made sure our kids had a good time. We did get to see turtles (plus stingrays, conch, and other fish)
Read qzyksw's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: Fury Charters
Member Image BBBJ1998
Mar 2017
The swim with the turtles was great. On the Catamaran The CAT. Crew went in the water with us and gave a tour of the cove spotting turtles, fish and coral. BEST CREW EVER!
Read BBBJ1998's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image elitecruiser79
Jan 2017
good experience but i do not recommend for little ones.
Read elitecruiser79's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Tyson1121
Jan 2017
Phenomenal experience. Don't touch the turtles even though they will come within arms reach
Read Tyson1121's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image gonnaflyaway
Jan 2017
NOT FOR FAINT OF HEART - 4 people were barfin' their guts out. The 1 hr ride to the turtles was very rough. The beach was awesome but also an almost 1 hr ride from the turtles. The food was awesome.
Read gonnaflyaway's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bluehairchic
Jan 2017
Great turtle viewing, great history/information on turtles and the coral reefs. Fun snorkeling around shipwreck. Wonderful, wonderful (and dare I say wonderful) team on the catamaran.
Read bluehairchic's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image msonstein
Dec 2016
This was an amazing excursion, with an absolutely wonderful crew. They were friendly, outgoing, and exceptionally attentive to everyone's needs.
Read msonstein's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image jyaxley
Dec 2016
The water in St.Thomas wasn't as clear as Turks, but we did see turtles then went to snorkel at a shipwreck site. The catamaran we went on was the Castaway 3, the crew was so amazing and made it so fun. After the snorkeling we got drinks, rum punch and music.
Read jyaxley's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image dplminnich
Was ok but very crowded
Read dplminnich's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image xmorganx33
Dec 2016
I had an amazing time meeting Duncan and Tortuga! Duncan was super friendly and kept trying to head butt our stomachs! Except for the time Tortuga tried to take a nibble at my ankle she was shy but it was amazing how big she was. Our guide was very informative and friendly and was very diligent at keeping us all safe. I got some great photos from the park at a reasonable price and they even let my mom take some for me from above for free! if I ever make it back to St. Thomas this will be on my to do list again!
Read xmorganx33's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Coral World
Member Image vandystar7
Nov 2016
Love the turtles. Didn't like the catamaran. Castaway Girl 3, the ladder didn't go deep enough into the water, it was almost impossible to get up and back on the boat. I hurt my knee. The crew was mostly unhelpful to getting back aboard. The guy stood there and watched me, but didn't take my fins from me or help. The water was good though, and the turtles were great. They fed them, and we all had a great time.
Read vandystar7's full Royal Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image nuclearmom
Nov 2016
Great swim with several turtles
Read nuclearmom's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image mnsqatsea
Oct 2016
If you like Turtles, do this. I had a turtle come to within 3 feet of me when coming up for air. It was awesome.
Read mnsqatsea's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Deckers4
May 2016
Sail, snorkel and swim with sea turtles on a pirate ship complete with black sails. What an outstanding way to spend our day!
Read Deckers4's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image allure144
Mar 2016
We booked through RC the Turtle Bay Sail & Snorkel Adventure - ST97. What a fantastic experience. A pirate themed sailboat ride out to a private island where you snorkel/swim with the sea turtles and other marine life for about an hour with instruction. Then once back on board there were endless Rum Punch Cocktails, snacks and good times for all put on by the crew. Excellent crew. Great time! Couldn't ask for anything better!
Read allure144's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Jab2012
Mar 2016
The Cat was the best excursion we have been on! Very fun and friendly staff!
Read Jab2012's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image trvlqueen
Jan 2016
Captain Mike knows how to tell a story and he is great at making sure all those who book with him have a great time. Buck Island is a great place to snorkel. We saw in excess of 7 turtles, 3 rays, and the fish along the reef were beautiful. We were able to sail for awhile, and there is nothing like being under full sail on a beautiful Caribbean day!
Read trvlqueen's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Fury
Member Image .master
Dec 2015
Great interaction with families. Just a fun great day
Read .master's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Maverik
Dec 2015
Went with Captain Nautilus to Turtle Cove and Shipwreck. Water was murky so visibility wasn't the greatest. Got in the water before other boats arrived and immediately saw turtles, but they were harder to find as more tourists arrived. Had more fun going to BlackBeard's Castle and walking around St. Thomas.
Read Maverik's full Norwegian Escape cruise review