St. Thomas Magen Bay Beach Excursion Reviews

St. Thomas Magen Bay Beach cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Arguably St. Thomas' most gorgeous and calmest beach, Magen Bay includes a bar, a cafeteria-style eatery, and one of the islands best shops for beach wear. A small admission fee is well worth it!
Member Image clarkesam
Jun 2018
Staff at the beach gift shop, restaurant and bar were VERY rude and unaccommodating. Will never recommend this excursion.
Read clarkesam's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ktbird81
Jun 2018
Beautiful beach. Sad to see so much vegetation gone from the hurricane. The only thing that was frustrating was the time it took to get to the beach. Took close to an hour to get on the shuttle to the beach.
Read ktbird81's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rmgjr3
Jun 2018
Getting to the beach was half the fun! Open air bus ride through both sides of the mountain.
Read rmgjr3's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image landboater2
Jun 2018
Great beach, clear and calm water. Good cafe and handy shop.
Read landboater2's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image Deborah T
May 2018
The water was beautiful and they had a restaurant on the beach
Read Deborah T's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Kirmpy1
May 2018
Beautiful beach trip.. was a bit chaotic getting to buses etc though to take us there. Could have been better organised
Read Kirmpy1's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image KidDoc42
Apr 2018
A true gem! Easily one of the best beaches in the world! The drive across the island is a bit "adventurous" with traffic, steep and narrow roads, and lack of seat belts or even walls on one side of the truck.
Read KidDoc42's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image VdBs
Mar 2018
storms have really impacted the bay, new trees have been planted but will take a while to get back to what it was. Beach itself was great.
Read VdBs's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Member Image Carolmarol68
Mar 2018
Magen’s Bay Beach lovely, although a bit crowded.
Read Carolmarol68's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Member Image Cork-dork
Mar 2018
Magen's Bay is beautiful -- a park, so there's no vendors bothering you on the beach (although there is a bar, snackbar, and small gift shop there). It's surrounded by mountains with a couple of buildings on them, so it feels "tropical" and remote. Well worth the trip; I'd do it again. The excursion was in conjunction with the skyride near the cruise terminal; the operator dropped us off at the base, and gave us stickers noting we'd paid. After the skyride, we still had plenty of time to shop in the shops near the end of the pier. We picked up some local beer and soda to cool off with before returning to the ship.
Read Cork-dork's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image dimples52
Feb 2018
Beautiful and clean. Plenty of chaises available to rent.
Read dimples52's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image 1944
Feb 2018
We try to go to this beach each time we dock at St. Thomas. So beautiful, peaceful, no loud music, a bar/restaurant and brand new change/toilet facilities since the hurricanes of 2017. Really, really worth the little bus trip there for a couple of hours. Got us back to the ship on time.
Read 1944's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image haylee13
Feb 2018
Beach is beautiful - BUT the tour takes up too much precious time, you can certainly take a ca ride to Magens beach, see it for 45 min to an hour and head back to town - will cost less than the excursion and you wont waste too much time - we left ( as did others) and took a taxi back to town
Read haylee13's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image whitelimo
Feb 2018
Magen Bay Beach is still recovering from the hurricanes but it's in pretty good shape and we had a good time. The drive to get there can be a bit scary if you're not used to Caribbean roads - they're very steep, narrow and windy (with a long "i"). The beach only has one bar and restaurant, but it's a big one as beach bars go and it's not a very big beach. The beach was a little more crowded than we expected, but there was still room to settle down and swim. It is a naturally beautiful beach.
Read whitelimo's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image 1smudslide
Feb 2018
Magen Bay is a gorgeous beach. They just overcame a hurricane and there were still signs. The only problem was no lounge chairs. Most were broken and taken out of service. The beach is still perfect and worth it.
Read 1smudslide's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Pickles2018
Jan 2018
We didn't plan this excursion, Elvis, the driver, talked to us and gave us a tour of St. Thomas, hit all the main points. We paid to see Magen Bay Beach but I would not recommend this, stick to the free beaches. It was only $5 but it was not a top 10 beach to me, not even close. I don't know if it has always been this way or just because of the hurricanes but should be a free beach.
Read Pickles2018's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Elvis was the driver
Member Image kinamack
Dec 2017
Nice relaxing beach. Bring your own chair or use a beach towel to layout. It will cost you $13 to rent a chair.
Read kinamack's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Guntandfin
Dec 2017
Lots of destruction on island. it's shrubs are green again, but most trees are down. Magen's beach has new palm trees planted and was looking good. Had a nice time.
Read Guntandfin's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Taxi
Member Image Irishqt2
Dec 2017
I did love getting in a little shopping for the people who couldn't come with, but I loved the driver, Shane was trustworthy and hilarious. I liked the stops and I loved the beach break, the only beach break we chose, and NOT a mistake. Loved this trip and no worries because we booked through Celebrity. I am sure that I forgot to mention how wonderful everyone from the island was. They were so polite and so calm and patient even though we make mistakes and they had a HURRICANE 3 months ago. Absolutely fantastic.
Read Irishqt2's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image Thetruth777
Dec 2017
Watch out for sand fleas- otherwise a beautiful spot
Read Thetruth777's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image rudolfo
Dec 2017
Fun beach, good weather, good sites to see.
Read rudolfo's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image GlamorousGirl
Dec 2017
I booked the Magen Bay Beach with shopping downtown. I hesitated, because I'd heard Magen Bay Beach was badly damaged after the hurricane, however, I did not witness this. The beach was beautiful, and I can understand why National Geographic called it one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. The water was a very comfortable temperature and crystal clear, and the sand was very powdery. I wish I'd had more time here. The shopping portion I booked not for the shopping but to take a self-guided tour through the town to see the architecture, and I was not disappointed. The shuttle let us off in a great spot to explore the town and the buildings were beautiful. St. Thomas is very well-maintained and clean (although some hurricane damage was evident.) Lots of historic colonial buildings to see. I had some time so I went to the shopping area too. Most of the shops sold goods I can get at home - which I wasn't interested in. Lots of jewelry and high end. The best shop sold art by local artists - beautiful paintings, photographs, and drawings. I'm an art history major in college and I can tell you - these were great. I picked up 3 artworks. There was also a flea market area with lots of souvenirs and the like. I was happy to find a nice cap for $4. As for the shopping closer to the ship, after the excursion, I liked those shops a lot better. More affordable goods and more souvenirs.
Read GlamorousGirl's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image Zeldamarie
Dec 2017
Wonderful water, scary ride up and down the mountain (but we made it!), sad to see the hurricane devastation. Not quite long enough on the beach, however. Only 2 hours.
Read Zeldamarie's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image helal
Dec 2017
Time at the beach was limited to 2 hours. Would have liked at least another hour. The trees have been uprooted by the hurricanes and they are in the process of replanting.
Read helal's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image randula2106
Dec 2017
We loved the beach and the tour of the island getting to the beach. The hurricane damage was heartbreaking, but the people welcomed us with open arms. The views of the port from the top of the island were spectacular! We will definitely visit St. Thomas again.
Read randula2106's full Crown Princess cruise review