St. Thomas Magen Bay Beach Excursion Reviews

St. Thomas Magen Bay Beach cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Arguably St. Thomas' most gorgeous and calmest beach, Magen Bay includes a bar, a cafeteria-style eatery, and one of the islands best shops for beach wear. A small admission fee is well worth it!
Member Image kinamack
Dec 2017
Nice relaxing beach. Bring your own chair or use a beach towel to layout. It will cost you $13 to rent a chair.
Read kinamack's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Guntandfin
Dec 2017
Lots of destruction on island. it's shrubs are green again, but most trees are down. Magen's beach has new palm trees planted and was looking good. Had a nice time.
Read Guntandfin's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Taxi
Member Image Irishqt2
Dec 2017
I did love getting in a little shopping for the people who couldn't come with, but I loved the driver, Shane was trustworthy and hilarious. I liked the stops and I loved the beach break, the only beach break we chose, and NOT a mistake. Loved this trip and no worries because we booked through Celebrity. I am sure that I forgot to mention how wonderful everyone from the island was. They were so polite and so calm and patient even though we make mistakes and they had a HURRICANE 3 months ago. Absolutely fantastic.
Read Irishqt2's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image Thetruth777
Dec 2017
Watch out for sand fleas- otherwise a beautiful spot
Read Thetruth777's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image rudolfo
Dec 2017
Fun beach, good weather, good sites to see.
Read rudolfo's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image GlamorousGirl
Dec 2017
I booked the Magen Bay Beach with shopping downtown. I hesitated, because I'd heard Magen Bay Beach was badly damaged after the hurricane, however, I did not witness this. The beach was beautiful, and I can understand why National Geographic called it one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. The water was a very comfortable temperature and crystal clear, and the sand was very powdery. I wish I'd had more time here. The shopping portion I booked not for the shopping but to take a self-guided tour through the town to see the architecture, and I was not disappointed. The shuttle let us off in a great spot to explore the town and the buildings were beautiful. St. Thomas is very well-maintained and clean (although some hurricane damage was evident.) Lots of historic colonial buildings to see. I had some time so I went to the shopping area too. Most of the shops sold goods I can get at home - which I wasn't interested in. Lots of jewelry and high end. The best shop sold art by local artists - beautiful paintings, photographs, and drawings. I'm an art history major in college and I can tell you - these were great. I picked up 3 artworks. There was also a flea market area with lots of souvenirs and the like. I was happy to find a nice cap for $4. As for the shopping closer to the ship, after the excursion, I liked those shops a lot better. More affordable goods and more souvenirs.
Read GlamorousGirl's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image Zeldamarie
Dec 2017
Wonderful water, scary ride up and down the mountain (but we made it!), sad to see the hurricane devastation. Not quite long enough on the beach, however. Only 2 hours.
Read Zeldamarie's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image helal
Dec 2017
Time at the beach was limited to 2 hours. Would have liked at least another hour. The trees have been uprooted by the hurricanes and they are in the process of replanting.
Read helal's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image randula2106
Dec 2017
We loved the beach and the tour of the island getting to the beach. The hurricane damage was heartbreaking, but the people welcomed us with open arms. The views of the port from the top of the island were spectacular! We will definitely visit St. Thomas again.
Read randula2106's full Crown Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image ZEESMURF
Dec 2017
Terrible tour. Takes way too long to get there in an open air bus. Beach is not that great either.
Read ZEESMURF's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Pabbboo
Nov 2017
St Thomas is still destroyed by the hurricanes of 2017. We should not have stopped. It was depressing, island is still destroyed, stop lights still dont have power. Downtown shops have no power. RCCL (Celebrity) touts they rebuilt Meygans Bay. The beach itself is nice, but far from rebuilt. The concession stand id still in a tent despite what RCCL claims. The sand and waves are nice to relax in if you can get through the terrible condiitons locals still face. Pathetic we stopped there.
Read Pabbboo's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image Silhouette2017
Nov 2017
A beautiful beach, but a very scary ride to get there. Also only two hours of swimming there, wish the beach stop was much longer.
Read Silhouette2017's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image revtraci
Nov 2017
First, we didn't get clear instructions on the time difference and we missed our shuttle to the beach after shopping. We were not the only ones, so obviously it was not clear. The company did however find us and get us on the next shuttle. No clear signage on the beach about the chairs and umbrella's. We got in trouble.... they were just sitting there, you would sit too!
Read revtraci's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image fieldsjm
Aug 2017
Took an open air safari bus across the island to the beach with a brief stop at the top to take pictures. Spent about 2 hours on the beach which was almost the perfect amount of time. Can't get enough of the beautiful blue water and the bay was nice and calm. There was a restaurant on the beach with bathrooms if needed.
Read fieldsjm's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Computernut
Aug 2017
Magen Bay Beach was one of the nicest beaches that we have ever been to . The "tour" prior to going to the beach was not very good but the views were incredible. After swimming at the beach, we were dropped off at Blackbeard's castle. That was a little confusing because we really did not know what to do at that time.
Read Computernut's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Daz3154
Jul 2017
a very short tour then two hours at the beach
Read Daz3154's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Braddunn68
Jul 2017
Quick stop but a beautiful beach and location.
Read Braddunn68's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image HoustonHaley
Jul 2017
BEAUTIFUL. The beach is clear as day and so relaxing. The only problem is finding a spot to sit but we found one pretty quickly! This beach is a MUST
Read HoustonHaley's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image caclmc17
Jul 2017
Fabulous, relaxing, clean and beautiful.
Read caclmc17's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Dr.Mitch
Jul 2017
Beautiful beach, plenty of space, never crowded.
Read Dr.Mitch's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image cruisegrandma123
Jun 2017
We didn't book it, but knew this was our plan. Caught a taxi to the place. Nice driver, short ride. Beach was gorgeous, food was yum and nice rafts
Read cruisegrandma123's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: not sure
Member Image KCTXMom
Jun 2017
We rented a jeep at Budget and drove to Magen's Bay. It is the most beautiful beach I have been too- so calm and fun for the kids! Once you get there, you can rent chairs for about $10 each- and there are nice bathrooms. They also have a very good (a little expensive) area to eat/drink.
Read KCTXMom's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Budget Rental Car
Member Image McKinfam
Jun 2017
We loved Megan's Bay and would go on this excursion again.
Read McKinfam's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Manders2578
Jun 2017
We took a taxi ourselves here. It's $5 to enter the beach, $12 per person for the taxi, and there are bathrooms on the beach and a bar. Nice, cool, blue water and sandy bottom. It was beautiful! They say it's one of the top 10 beaches in the world. I don't know about top 10, but it is beautiful!
Read Manders2578's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Red Wizard
Jun 2017
Get there early or try another beach because it will get crowded. Beautiful beach though.
Read Red Wizard's full Norwegian Escape cruise review