Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dunn's River Falls offer 600 feet of climbing pleasure for thousands of visitors and locals every year. It is arguably Jamaica's most popular and famous attraction.
Member Image lovelights
Jan 2018
We booked a tour with Dunn's River Falls, but the bus didn't stop anywhere, other than a church, and when they asked if anyone wanted to get out and take photos of the church, no one answered. I surely wasn't going to say "yes", when there were 34 other people on the bus that didn't say anything. We also stopped for a lunch at a restaurant on the water. The food was some sort of spicy jerk chicken, beans and rice (which we've eaten much better in Mexico), and I don't even know what the other thing on my plate was, but it tasted like sweet and sour chicken, but they said it was fish. We were very hungry, so I think anything would have tasted good at this point. The Dunn's River Falls is beautiful, and they keep the park beautiful, and it's very clean, however, leaving the park is a chaos. You travel through an entire stream of hagglers, that just don't want to take "no thank you" for an answer. They want to shake your hand, they want to touch your arm when they talk, and it's like they get in your space. Just didn't feel comfortable at all leaving the park, and was glad to get back to the bus. Dunn's River Falls is one of those places where you go one time, and it's like "Okay, been there, done that."
Read lovelights's full MSC Seaside cruise review
Member Image markn06074
Dec 2017
We did Duns River Falls in the rain, and then passed on part 2; VIP Beach experience because of the rain. The VIP portion was cancelled due to weather - but the beach portion was still on - but we passed on it. Sitting on a beach in the rain didn't excite me. The tour leaders from Blue Lagoon were very condescending; referring to us as babies and themselves as baby sitters.
Read markn06074's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image CruisnUSA64
Dec 2017
This excursion was very fun and was a good price!
Read CruisnUSA64's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: Marva Shaw
Member Image thescherb13
Nov 2017
We loved the falls and had an amazing time. The only thing we did not like was having to walk through the shops on the way back to the bus.
Read thescherb13's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image wilkersons5278
Nov 2017
A must do! Very vigorous took a lot out me to get to the top. We got the CD and it was worth it for the memories.
Read wilkersons5278's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Member Image trimmy1
Oct 2017
Once again a very fun experience. Chairlift up the mountain and one Bob Sled ride would recommend this. this tour included a trip to Dun's River Falls
Read trimmy1's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image bgauger
Oct 2017
Dunn's River Falls and Bamboo Beach Club excursion through the cruise line. This excursion started late morning, was delayed due to the cruise ship. No problem at DRF, got to Bamboo Beach Club and there was a lounge chair at the beach, a full lunch, a 10 minute dance exhibition which was OK. The water was not as clear as in Bonaire but some people snorkeled. As soon as we got back to the ship it sailed. I would do it all again.
Read bgauger's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image Nexaz
Oct 2017
This part of the tour actually just was tagged on to the Zip-Lining but little did I know it was going to be my favorite part of the day. When I saw the tour I thought we would just be walking alongside it and looking at the falls but instead we LITERALLY CLIMBED IT. It was amazingly fun and a great experience, the waters were clean, cold and refreshing on the hot day we had been having.
Read Nexaz's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image Northumberland
Sep 2017
Climbing the falls us fun, but you need good water shoes and it helps if your in reasonably good shape.
Read Northumberland's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image ginaserene1
Aug 2017
disaster excursion. Much better to just take a taxi there for $10, pay the entry fee $12 I think and enjoy the natural beauty of the falls which is awesome. You need water shoes to effectively climb through the falls, and it's for athletic people only. Less athletic people can wade in the calmer sections, take pictures which is still very scenic. Food vendors offer tasty local food. I has a delicious fresh fruit smoothie. My friend had some kind of goat stew she said was really good but I'm a vegetarian...
Read ginaserene1's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image tinkerbell1995
Jul 2017
Got charged 35 dollars each to go to dunns river falls, and beach, dunns river falls is 5 mins from boat, and they took us to beach walking distance from boat.
Read tinkerbell1995's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image cruisingbabe61
Jul 2017
We did the walking tour and enjoyed watching the other guests maneuver the falls.
Read cruisingbabe61's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image windlicht
Jul 2017
Fun fun fun, as safe as they can possibly make it.
Read windlicht's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image May Bee
Jun 2017
Dunn's Fall was also much more exhilarating and challenging than I had thought it would be when I booked. I managed easily, even with a slightly dodgy knee (6 weeks after an arthroscopy). Water shoes are a very good idea. I did mine in sneakers, which was also fine but a bit cumbersome at times. Take a towel & change of clothing. Lockers available at a fee. You cannot walk up the falls with a backpack! Got a kick out of "Mama Anette" who was my quintessential Jamaican woman.
Read May Bee's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image wynnemilba
May 2017
A great visit although unable to walk the falls due to arthritis. A good tour that included a few other things. Beautiful venue.
Read wynnemilba's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image Carlou
May 2017
Interesting and refreshing. Clean tourist spot.
Read Carlou's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image bluocean
Apr 2017
This was a little out of my element but I'm glad to say I did it. There were people of all ages there to conquer the falls. Great guides are there to help you through all the stages of the falls. It took at least an hour to climb them only because you hold hands with the person in front of you and go pretty slow. Pretty cool excursion. After the falls we went to Bamboo Beach Club where our guide Rachel took care of us. They have an open bar with rum punch, mojitos and beer. Then it's on to the great tapas that Rachel serves you. It was a nice day at the Bamboo Beach Club to unwind and enjoy the beach after the climb at the Dunn's River Falls
Read bluocean's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Member Image ckbrns
Mar 2017
We booked Dunn's River and snorkeling through this older guy with a fanny pack who was clearly in charge of that port once you got off...we joked and called him the pimp of the pier, lol. $55 pp to go to the falls by boat and snorkel for an hour...very good bargain as ship people paid $100pp. We enjoyed the day very much but be warned, Dunn's river is more difficult than you may think...older people and young, thin children would not do well. My husband had to help a couple around 60 as some of the "steps" are two feet...there's nothing to hold unto as you are climbing the falls and water is constantly rushing at your feet. A boy that was about 35 pounds stumbled and started to get pulled...I picked him up fearing he could get hurt...the mom was grateful and obviously stressed. You can rent swimming shoes or wear hiking sandals...no flip flops for sure and gum shoes would get soaked.
Read ckbrns's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image teacherelaxin
Mar 2017
Two fun activities with a climb up Dunn's River Falls before it gets super busy and river tubing down the White River. Great value and service!
Read teacherelaxin's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursioneer
Member Image Randy54
Mar 2017
Was not a tour it was a bus ride to the fall, included admission, and you are on your own to figure it out. REALLY poorly done.
Read Randy54's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Craig316
Mar 2017
We had a hard time finding the tour leader, then she left us standing as a group in the sun for about 15 minutes while she went for the tickets. At least 15 groups arrived after us, but got their tickets and went in before us. This tour company should be reviewed by Norwegian.
Read Craig316's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Rach2308
Mar 2017
The falls were pretty and moderately easy to climb. The beach was kind of gross and small. Garbage most everywhere on beach. And a lot of rocks.
Read Rach2308's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image ludwigvii
Feb 2017
We went tubing down the White River and then hiked up Dunn's River Falls. It was probably my favorite excursion of the trip. One thing I didn't like is they took up to a couple of shop before the fun started and tried to make us feel obligated to purchase something. I asked the tour guide why they did this and they said the shops have a contract with the cruise ships to bring passengers there.
Read ludwigvii's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image darlene5537
Feb 2017
To many ships in port and some confusion with the guides, we were a group of ten and they linked us with another group, which we seem to have overlooked, other groups arriving after us were taken in first and after many of the group complained they finally looked after us.
Read darlene5537's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image kurtlinda
Feb 2017
Falls was GREAT. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT get ripped off like I did and buy the DVD!!!
Read kurtlinda's full Carnival Dream cruise review