Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dunn's River Falls offer 600 feet of climbing pleasure for thousands of visitors and locals every year. It is arguably Jamaica's most popular and famous attraction.
Member Image windlicht
Jul 2017
Fun fun fun, as safe as they can possibly make it.
Read windlicht's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image May Bee
Jun 2017
Dunn's Fall was also much more exhilarating and challenging than I had thought it would be when I booked. I managed easily, even with a slightly dodgy knee (6 weeks after an arthroscopy). Water shoes are a very good idea. I did mine in sneakers, which was also fine but a bit cumbersome at times. Take a towel & change of clothing. Lockers available at a fee. You cannot walk up the falls with a backpack! Got a kick out of "Mama Anette" who was my quintessential Jamaican woman.
Read May Bee's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image wynnemilba
May 2017
A great visit although unable to walk the falls due to arthritis. A good tour that included a few other things. Beautiful venue.
Read wynnemilba's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image Carlou
May 2017
Interesting and refreshing. Clean tourist spot.
Read Carlou's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image bluocean
Apr 2017
This was a little out of my element but I'm glad to say I did it. There were people of all ages there to conquer the falls. Great guides are there to help you through all the stages of the falls. It took at least an hour to climb them only because you hold hands with the person in front of you and go pretty slow. Pretty cool excursion. After the falls we went to Bamboo Beach Club where our guide Rachel took care of us. They have an open bar with rum punch, mojitos and beer. Then it's on to the great tapas that Rachel serves you. It was a nice day at the Bamboo Beach Club to unwind and enjoy the beach after the climb at the Dunn's River Falls
Read bluocean's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Member Image ckbrns
Mar 2017
We booked Dunn's River and snorkeling through this older guy with a fanny pack who was clearly in charge of that port once you got off...we joked and called him the pimp of the pier, lol. $55 pp to go to the falls by boat and snorkel for an hour...very good bargain as ship people paid $100pp. We enjoyed the day very much but be warned, Dunn's river is more difficult than you may think...older people and young, thin children would not do well. My husband had to help a couple around 60 as some of the "steps" are two feet...there's nothing to hold unto as you are climbing the falls and water is constantly rushing at your feet. A boy that was about 35 pounds stumbled and started to get pulled...I picked him up fearing he could get hurt...the mom was grateful and obviously stressed. You can rent swimming shoes or wear hiking sandals...no flip flops for sure and gum shoes would get soaked.
Read ckbrns's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image teacherelaxin
Mar 2017
Two fun activities with a climb up Dunn's River Falls before it gets super busy and river tubing down the White River. Great value and service!
Read teacherelaxin's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursioneer
Member Image Randy54
Mar 2017
Was not a tour it was a bus ride to the fall, included admission, and you are on your own to figure it out. REALLY poorly done.
Read Randy54's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Craig316
Mar 2017
We had a hard time finding the tour leader, then she left us standing as a group in the sun for about 15 minutes while she went for the tickets. At least 15 groups arrived after us, but got their tickets and went in before us. This tour company should be reviewed by Norwegian.
Read Craig316's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Rach2308
Mar 2017
The falls were pretty and moderately easy to climb. The beach was kind of gross and small. Garbage most everywhere on beach. And a lot of rocks.
Read Rach2308's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image ludwigvii
Feb 2017
We went tubing down the White River and then hiked up Dunn's River Falls. It was probably my favorite excursion of the trip. One thing I didn't like is they took up to a couple of shop before the fun started and tried to make us feel obligated to purchase something. I asked the tour guide why they did this and they said the shops have a contract with the cruise ships to bring passengers there.
Read ludwigvii's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image darlene5537
Feb 2017
To many ships in port and some confusion with the guides, we were a group of ten and they linked us with another group, which we seem to have overlooked, other groups arriving after us were taken in first and after many of the group complained they finally looked after us.
Read darlene5537's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image kurtlinda
Feb 2017
Falls was GREAT. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT get ripped off like I did and buy the DVD!!!
Read kurtlinda's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image clamper
Feb 2017
Booked at port $10 for taxi then $20 each entrance fee cheaper than entrance fee if you get there on your own.
Read clamper's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image jjizhere
Jan 2017
At $49pp this was well worth the $$ Of course you will still (and always) have to battle crowds to get to your excursion but this was the best bang for the buck. Great time battling UP river. NO time constraints and lots of fun. Go in your bathing suit and have fun!!!
Read jjizhere's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Blazeoffire
Jan 2017
Did not understand that you can climb up the falls on the rocks. So bring your bathing suits and prepare to get wet. I did not do the climb and you don't have to. You can take the steps and path to different viewing platforms along the way. If you climb the falls, you start at the bottom where it flows into the ocean. So you start on the beach in your tour group and head up the falls. Looked like fun in the water.
Read Blazeoffire's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: AAA
Member Image iamscottie
Jan 2017
This was a lot of fun! Definitely bring your A-Game and a good pair of water shoes! The currents of the waterfalls are strong and if you don't hold on, you can definitely fall.
Read iamscottie's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image bazzaman
Jan 2017
Tour spent too long at the Falls and we didn't get a break for a drink or a rest
Read bazzaman's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Brian1951
Jan 2017
Beautiful place, be careful not to get hustled by some of the locals while there.
Read Brian1951's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Needrelaxation
Jan 2017
We chose to climb Duns River Falls with a stop at Bamboo Beach. The tour guide was very informative and took goo led care of our group. The beach was nothing special but very relaxing.
Read Needrelaxation's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image CruiseK64
Jan 2017
We did the 4x4 to Dunn's River Falls. Enjoyable day and beautiful falls!
Read CruiseK64's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image adjensen
Dec 2016
We had a blast on this tour (well, the Dunn's River Falls part.) Climbing up the falls was a challenge, but the guides did a good job of keeping you going. Definitely a sense of accomplishment at finishing! Second part (Bamboo Beach Club, non-VIP) wasn't as good -- uncomfortable chairs, sketchy food, watery drinks.
Read adjensen's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image snehprasad
Nov 2016
Not enough time as the tour guide did not even take us shopping. I wish we had more knowledge of this exercursion so we would have take the walk in the falls.
Read snehprasad's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image hdhatto5037
Nov 2016
Climbed up the 150 Foot Waterfall (not next to the waterfall, actually in it) with my family. Water shoes are necessary as well as a swim suit! Doable for myself, fiance, and my 9 and 7 year olds. It was great fun!
Read hdhatto5037's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Booked through Wilderness ATV tours (Neil)
Member Image mikea2017
Nov 2016
Awesome. Best excursion, guides make sure you are safe.
Read mikea2017's full Norwegian Epic cruise review