Costa Maya ATV Adventure Excursion Reviews

Costa Maya ATV Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Enjoy an incredible ride on your own ATV along the beaches and lush green jungle of Mexico's Costa Maya region.
Member Image Tank412
Jun 2018
Best excursion we have ever done. ATV's handled really well even for beginners. Went over rocks, thru the mud and jungle, finished riding along the beach. We were taken to a private beach with drinks included. Went for a swim here and saw thousands of fish. Water was crystal clear down at least 20 feet which was the deepest water I swam in.
Read Tank412's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image mcboguski
Apr 2018
It was awesome! Very challenging but worth it! Got a tour of Costa Maya on the way to the excursion itself and then ATV-ed through pretty much the jungle. Our guides were very friendly and helpful.
Read mcboguski's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Mytreasuredfaithc
Apr 2018
Fun, fast and a blast! Then they took us to the most beautiful beach ever for some R&R. Would definitely recommend!
Read Mytreasuredfaithc's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image TSchmitt1
Dec 2017
Drive 35 miles an hour over rocks. Not much time to see the jungle. It was like a bad roller-coaster ride. These are trails that I would avoid back home and yet I paid for it in Mexico. It was rough, fast, and boring.
Read TSchmitt1's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Member Image markfive29
Nov 2017
This tour was great!! The guides were very friendly, funny, and helpful. The atv's were a little run down, but expected for such high use. They stated by separating the riders by experience. I was up in the first group of experienced rider and my DW was in the back with the beginners. Up front we got to ride at our skill level fast, rough, and dirty. Started out somewhat flat and ended with a high speed run down the highway. Such a blast. Rocks, mud, deep water, and drifiting slides. I had a blast! My DW wishes we would have been up front with me as she was very comfortable with handling the vehicles. WooHoo! The day ended at the beach resort with loungers in the sun and shade, swings at the bar, showers, and open bar. The buffet was extra and expensive but after that day we were starving. The even have a free jet boat ride that will knock your socks off. WOW! Would do again, just take an earlier bus back to get some shopping in.
Read markfive29's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Lobudugas
Sep 2017
The ATV was exciting but very wet. THe beach was only so-so with lots of algue in the water. Costa Maya is not one of my favorite destination.
Read Lobudugas's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image webboy634
Sep 2017
Not for the faint of heart. We were flying through the jungle over VERY!!!!!!!! rocky terrain with a ton of dust flying in the air. Wear gloves and bring and bandanna to cover your face. The only negative was for the second half, they took us by bus to a nice beach resort but just dropped us off. We had no direction on what we could do or not do at the resort and you have to watch the clock for the return bus or you'll get left behind.
Read webboy634's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image geosolo
Sep 2017
Good fun,fast,and a great way to get muddy quick,didn't go to long about an hour, I wanted longer
Read geosolo's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image usmsmike
Jun 2017
Fun, would do it again.
Read usmsmike's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image cruisenovice71
Apr 2017
excellent. great last minute decision. we booked this on the ship the day before. But we were lucky they had added additional times because of demand. So if you are interested, book ahead of time, you will not be disappointed. Loved it. very muddy.. but took us to beach after, place had showers to rinse off, excellent food on beach, drinks included. Plenty of local shopping.
Read cruisenovice71's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Liv_mags
Mar 2017
This was difficult--not quite for a beginner but it was fun. It is better if you are fit. I am fit and was still sore for a few days after this one.
Read Liv_mags's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image mgrovenor
Feb 2017
The ATV's were a blast. These are capable of 70MPH. We crawled through the jungle but in some open flat areas I got some nice Tokyo drifts to kick up the dust for which we were supplied handkerchiefs at the beginning to keep it out of our noses. Then we got to an area of big rocks and had to literally crawl over these. It takes a bit of skill but not much.. After this we popped out on the paved highway (no traffic since no one can afford a car here) where I lit it up to 65MPH blowing the dust from my flapping beach bum buttton up shirt. After wards we kept the hankies and they passed out bottled water. We took a nice modern AC'd bus back to the beach and poked around the shops a bit before going back to the ship. The shopping area was the best of all the ports. There were a lot of venues and a wide variety of souvenirs to be had. I bought some cigars. The guy wanted $55 and I ended up paying $20. My wife haggled for some hand painted NFL clay skulls. Kool!
Read mgrovenor's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image Vacapone
Feb 2017
When it says activity level is high believe it, you will experience break neck speeds and a very demanding jungle route with a lot of rocks some mud and a lot of dust. The ATVs get very hot and will burn your leg if it gets close enough to the mother which is very hard to avoid on this trail.
Read Vacapone's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image mitakart
Dec 2016
Loved the ATV but the "Beach Club" time was disappointing, we thought it's going to be a real resort where we can use the facilities, beach, and pool...but it was a single building managed by the cruise line with nice facilities and not good quality food, we had to pay for some of the food, which we didn't know. But it was a fun day.
Read mitakart's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image tailgatemel
Nov 2016
Awesome! Great fun trip! About 45 min ATV then off to the beach for free drinks!
Read tailgatemel's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image jayleneriddle
Nov 2016
This was awesome. The ATV was a bit extreme you will be mudding it through the jungle. It was a bit short about an hour, but then we went to the beach and had open bar and great food. Loved it.
Read jayleneriddle's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Yarelix1978
Oct 2016
We went around the coast to the beach and spend a day there great place
Read Yarelix1978's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image jonjan92
Sep 2016
This was a lot of fun and relaxing at the same time. We took an open air vehicle to a spot where we jumped on tandem bikes and road through the jungle to a cenote' where we were able to get in and go through a short cave. It was cool, but a lot smaller than we were expecting. We then road the bikes back to the vehicle and drove a little ways to a private beach. The beach was beautiful, the water super clear and warm. Here we had time to swim or they provided stand up paddle boards to use as well. While here they cooked us lunch of chicken fajitas, quesadilla's and watermelon. Was very good. After lunch we packed up and headed back to the ship. Very nice excursion
Read jonjan92's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Krimson
Aug 2016
ATV was great. Very rough terrain, which some other guests complained about but we thought it was fun. If you don't want to get jounced around, this isn't the excursion for you. The beach drop off was fun, the water was bathtub warm but the bottom was filled with unpleasant tall sea grass and very uneven. I was very glad to have my water shoes on and even then only stayed in a little while. Thefree drinks were very strong, so if you are a drinker you will like this part.
Read Krimson's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Tomcat67
Jul 2016
a fun excursion, the trail was very dusty and hot when i went, so you don't get dirty from the mud , you got dirty from the sweat and dust. the ATV's are kinda beat up but they were fun to drive and the trails are kinda rough also, lots of tree roots and rocks and etc.
Read Tomcat67's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image sxmalize
May 2016
Really fun. Jungle was great. Bring change of clothing and wet wipes. You get really dirty. Very dusty. Guys are really attentive. Beach break afterwards was excellent. Neat beach, inexpensive but tasty food and free drinks. Great trip.
Read sxmalize's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image vasha13
May 2016
Loved the idea of this excursion. The ATV part was okay - the Tequila beach part was better. Facilities were great, ATVs in great condition, staff seemed friendly. The issue was the course - it was all rocks and I mean rocks. No hard-packed dirt or sand sections in between rough terrain. It was 20 minutes of arm jarring, boulder-ish/big root terrain. Ladies, a bikini top won't cut it on this, you'll need something more substantial to keep it all under control. I am not complaining that there was rough terrain, only that it was completely rough terrain so you didn't get any alternating riding style. The last 10 minutes on the road coming back is all smooth though so you get a break there. FYI - they recommend long pants due to bugs and the heat of the ATV motors against your legs. You can bug spray against the bugs but nothing protects you against that heat except long pants. After the ATV rides, they shuttle you to Tequila beach where you can enjoy an open bar, sit in the drink gazebo and play pool or sit out in the shaded loungers on the beach. It was very nice to just sit, drink and relax. They give you a free taxi voucher to take a taxi back to the pier when you're ready to leave. No problems getting a taxi or worrying that you'll never be seen again with a dubious ride - they were well maintained and professional. Everyone was very nice.
Read vasha13's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image headslap99
Dec 2015
There was a 20 minute bus ride to the location. ATV adventure was great. It went in and out the jungle to the beach. There was a bus ride to a local resort. It included an open bar afterwards and a taxi ride back to the ship.
Read headslap99's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image Shannans
May 2015
Amazing and a must do! I loved it and it was my first time driving a ATV. They are patient with the first time drivers. The beach was nice too. Just plan to get a little dirty.
Read Shannans's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image fishluvcheerios
Mar 2015
Our ATV part of the day was cut short because of an accident with the group ahead of us. The time back at the resort was very nice and relaxing. Beautiful scenery. There were kayaks available to paddle out to a blow up obstacle course floating in the water, a lot like the show Wipeout. It was really challenging, but entertaining. You can get a massage on the beach there, but neither of the ladies seemed to be trained at all. Both my boyfriend and I have gotten many massages before and we both thought they had no idea what they were doing at certain points in the massage. It's still a pretty good, relaxing experience. Just know what to expect. Drinks are included, but you have to pay for the food, which was ok. Be very careful shopping at the port. The salespeople are very pushy and they try to rip you off. We got something in Costa Maya that they originally wanted $80 for, we said no way and got him down to $50. We got to the next port at Cozumel and the same thing was marked with no haggling for $29. Same thing with another item I got there. They really price gouge you there.
Read fishluvcheerios's full Norwegian Sun cruise review