Juneau Helicopter Tour Excursion Reviews

Juneau Helicopter Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating 105 Reviews
Helicopter tours are a must-do in Alaska and it's easy to understand why. Nothing beats the view of Juneau's glaciers and icy waters from above.
Details & Booking
Member Image HBCcruiser
Sep 2018
Awesome helicopter ride and view of the glacier. Landed on top of the glacier, trekked around on it noting crevices and drank the fresh glacier water. Fun!
Read HBCcruiser's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Member Image cacbeausang
Aug 2018
Wonderfull excursion and for us, the 2 hours 15 minutes was just right. About 15 minute helicopter ride each way, 20-25 minutes on the Glacier, great guide on the glacier.
Read cacbeausang's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Member Image Nan_28
Aug 2018
On the website, they said jacket will be provided, so we did not know that jacket was basically a very thin, water-proof, wind-proof type. They should have let us know more about inner layers which should included fleece and down jacket before adding their provide jacket. We had a one hour walk tour on the icefield, so it was extremely cold! They gave me a Large glove to use, although I would have fit into XS, which they also have plenty but didn't even ask or offer to me. They are crowded, dirty facility. All outerwear and belt bag are very old and didn't look clean. I wish I booked with other company like temsco that also offered through the cruiseline. We did visit Mendenhall Glacier, using taxi. It costs ~ $30 per trip which is almost the same price with shuttle bus. Nothing much to see at the visitor center. You will have to go with Glacier trekking or rafting tour to explore more.
Read Nan_28's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Member Image JAGR
Aug 2018
Three of our group did the afternoon helicopter trip to the Glacier. It was a great experience for all of us who did that.
Read JAGR's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image Noregrebals
Aug 2018
Helicopter ride was beautiful. Hiking on Glacier was poor, saw no real changes in terrain, no real safety talk about how to walk, and function in crampons. This would be better excursion as just helicopter ride. That would be a five.
Read Noregrebals's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Lisa67
Aug 2018
We did the Juneau Icefield Helicopter Tour and it was amazing! Best excursion of the trip. The views of the glacier from the helicopter were spectacular and it was an unforgettable experience to walk on them. We highly recommend this tour. It's a little expensive, but it's worth it.
Read Lisa67's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Alaska Shore Excursions
Member Image AbbyandAiden
Aug 2018
FANTASTIC. Offered a full refund or down-graded flight when they had to close the dog sled camp for the remainder of the summer. We walked on the glacier for 30 minutes. Mike, our captain, was awesome. Highly recommend.
Read AbbyandAiden's full Disney Wonder cruise review
Member Image fish doctor
Jul 2018
Part of the sled dog experience. Pilot was a good guide and looked for wildlife and flew different routes up and back so no boredom and did some aerobatics around peaks to allow us to feel the ride. Too cramped in the back seat..There were 3 men and 1 woman...could have used just 3 in back seat.
Read fish doctor's full Westerdam cruise review
Member Image Dragonbird81
Jul 2018
I was a little scared of the helicopter, but was surprised at how fun and exciting it was, not scary at all! LOVELY views and an excellent pilot!
Read Dragonbird81's full Norwegian Bliss cruise review
Member Image steveho
Jul 2018
Helicopter glacier walk from Juneau – My wife wanted to set foot on a glacier so she scheduled a helicopter ride to a glacier. Her experience included walking on the glacier, drinking glacier water, and stepping on ice that broke under her setting her knee deep with 1 leg! She had a blast with the entire tour even when her leg went into the ice.
Read steveho's full Norwegian Bliss cruise review
Member Image soonerbowhunter
Jul 2018
Wonderful trip but not worth the $600+ it cost for one ticket. Was worth the bucket list but not a repeat in the future.
Read soonerbowhunter's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Juneau Shore Tours
Member Image Megan5
Jun 2018
Short helicopter ride. Land on Herbert Glacier. Walk around a bit, helicopter back. 1st time in a helicopter. Pretty. Sister who did helicopter in Skagway seemed to have a prettier glacier. She booked through Alaska Shore Tours as well.
Read Megan5's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Provider: Alaska Shore Tours
Member Image MkeCruzn
Jun 2018
We did the "pilot's choice" tour, which is highly recommended and worth the extra cost. We had only four of us on the tour, and landed twice: once on Taku Glacier and once on a patch of snow near open tundra. It was really spectacular weather, with 150+ miles visibility and light winds. Our pilot was great, friendly, nice to talk to, and he took whatever pictures of us we wanted.
Read MkeCruzn's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Deep Thinking Fish
Jun 2018
Helicopter tour onto the Mendenhall Glacier. Just WOW!!! Fascinating, beautiful views, unbelievable in every way.
Read Deep Thinking Fish's full Golden Princess cruise review
Member Image Paca Lady
May 2018
A substitute when our original excursion choice was cancelled, the Glacier Flight with Walkabout did not dissappoint! This is a small tour group, ours had eight participants, and we were pointed out sights along theshort ride to the airport where we received our jackets, pants boots, and saftey instructions. (I will admit that I found the boots rather uncomfortable to walk in) The group was devided into two for our flight to the glacier. Amazing scenery, and we spotted many mountain goats as well as a solitary black bear on our trip to the "base camp" where our glacier walk would take place. Upon landing we received the last of our equipment and safety instructions, and then it was off for approximately a 45 min. hike across the glacier. Each of us had been provided a hip pack containing a bottle of water and energy bar. At one stop our guide, while pointing out the running water along the surface, encouraged us to open up and pour out that water to refill with fresh glacier water... it was amazing! We were also fortunate enough to be able to see and enter an ice tunnel that was currently present near the base. Glaciers are always moving and changing... no two days will have the exact same conditions, and our group was very excited for this opportunity. After everyone had a chance toenter and get photos it was time to head back to camp for the flight back, which provided another series of breathtaking views. Helicopter tours are not inexpensive, but this one was very much worth the price, and then some.
Read Paca Lady's full Eurodam cruise review
Member Image dianeandpete
May 2018
We had a great excursion with Coastal Helicopters to do a glacier walk. My only complaint was that sitting 4 people in the back (3 men and myself) was crowded but everything else was great. The pilot did a good job of explaining everything we were seeing and being on the glacier was majestic. I highly recommend this trip. Juneau was ok. I was not a impressed with it as I was with Ketchican but it is a different type of city. The Red Dog Saloon was a lot of fun.
Read dianeandpete's full Westerdam cruise review
Member Image Paul Gumbinne
Sep 2017
Got me on the helicopter with a special wheelchair lift. Wonderful couple of hours. Seeing the glacier close up is fabulous. Helicopter landed on it and we had champagne. Picked us up at the ship and took us back..
Read Paul Gumbinne's full Seabourn Sojourn cruise review
Provider: Seabourn Cruise Line
Member Image abramsdd
Aug 2017
Once in a lifetime experience; spectacular views of Juneau Icefield, exciting 20-25 minute walking tour on Herbert Glacier; unforgettable.
Read abramsdd's full Coral Princess cruise review
Member Image kml71604
Aug 2017
Very expensive, but worth EVERY cent.
Read kml71604's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image sf_kevin415
Aug 2017
REALLY expensive 30 minute ride (and wandering around an ice field for 15 minutes) - $300? Worst helicopter tour value I've ever had. $400 gets you an amazing ride all around Kauai or deep into the Grand Canyon in Vegas. Here? 15 minutes up, 10 minutes back.
Read sf_kevin415's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Alaska Shore Tours
Member Image CLCruzer
Jul 2017
The Helicopter Flight and Walkabout excursion was not enough flight time over the glaciers and minimal commentary. We should have held out for “The Pilots Choice” Helicopter Tour.
Read CLCruzer's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Member Image gingersvp
Jul 2017
We booked a helicopter & dog sledding tour independently. It wound up being the same operators as the ship-booked tour but was $75/person less (with 5 people it adds up). The helicopter tour was AMAZING and quite spectacular. Being on the glacier was one of the most awe-inspiring views I've ever witnessed. My kids enjoyed the sledding, although it wasn't really my cup of tea. They had puppies at the dog camp and that was the delight of all 3 of my children.
Read gingersvp's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image Oceandreamer1
Jun 2017
Found it cheaper to book direct than through cruise ship for same tour.
Read Oceandreamer1's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image Teacher on a trip
Jun 2017
We did the Helicopter ride to Mendenhall Glacier and walk. I recommend doing one where you do a hike on the glacier because it is the best use of time. Helicopter ride was very cool!! Glacier guides were informative, entertaining, and friendly.
Read Teacher on a trip's full Norwegian Sun cruise review