Ketchikan Duck Tour Excursion Reviews

Ketchikan Duck Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating 127 Reviews
Why settle for just land or sea when you could have both? Ketchikan's Duck Tour will take you for a splash with a fully amphibious sightseeing tour.
Details & Booking
Member Image lol1962
Sep 2018
Very fun and our host was engaging and funny. Nice trip on the water.
Read lol1962's full Norwegian Bliss cruise review
Member Image mjnmjn
Simple, fun tour. Low cost. Covers the city fairly well
Read mjnmjn's full Norwegian Bliss cruise review
Member Image patzlotnik
Sep 2018
Duck Tour was fun and gave you an interesting tour of the city and port area. Kaitlyn was a great guide and Bruce was a fun captain. We felt safe and explored the town both on land and sea.
Read patzlotnik's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image onegaucho
Aug 2018
Great way to see the town in 2 hours or less.
Read onegaucho's full Norwegian Bliss cruise review
Member Image jrharris96
Jul 2018
Loved the tour with Captain Peggy and Jacob! Both were funny and knowledgeable. Great sight seeing!
Read jrharris96's full Norwegian Bliss cruise review
Member Image MReydak
Jul 2018
Ketchikan is a very nice place with an interesting story. The guides on the Duck Tour did a great job at explaining the city and pointing out wildlife.
Read MReydak's full Norwegian Bliss cruise review
Member Image KR1994
Jul 2018
The tour guides were entertaining but it was very scripted. They gave some interesting info about the town and it's history. We even saw a sea lion in the harbour. Overall, a good time!
Read KR1994's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image emlanz
Jul 2018
The bus part of it drove through the city and then became a boat which took us onto the harbor to continue the tour, it just didn't seem like it was worth $69.00 each. In hind sight, was more of a unique experience than a learning experience.
Read emlanz's full Silver Shadow cruise review
Provider: Silversea Cruises
Member Image Travel Nut 1952
Jun 2018
We went aboard the Duck Boat and toured the city first. The narrator was good telling quite corny jokes but made you smile. The vehicle entered the water and we began the slow cruise around the harbor. There were a lot of Bald Eagles and saw a fisherman cleaning fresh Salmon. It was worth the money.
Read Travel Nut 1952's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Tdimax
Jun 2018
Boring. Tour Guides really tried their best, but the slow rumble of the home made amphibious vehicle made everyone fall asleep. They kept pushing the $3 duck whistle souvenir throughout the tour.
Read Tdimax's full Norwegian Bliss cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions
Member Image chyatesg
Jun 2018
The narrator gave a good background of every site in the town
Read chyatesg's full Golden Princess cruise review
Member Image Molson42
Jun 2018
Sort of fun but driver and guide would not shut up entire ride to much info. Really good stores in town to buy coats and gloves for cheap. Eat fresh crab at annabelles. They take lunch reservations and crab is pricey but worth it
Read Molson42's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Member Image ksucat66
May 2018
Lee was an excellent tour guide. We learned a great deal about Ketchikan and had a great time. Shop at the Tongass Trading Company - great items and reasonable prices.
Read ksucat66's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Eddy and the Cruiser
May 2018
Not what we were expecting -- on other city Duck Tours, there is a lot of fun and joking, etc. This was sedate.
Read Eddy and the Cruiser's full Golden Princess cruise review
Member Image rmcavay
Sep 2017
Hated it! Do not spend your money! Brought you through town, which was nothing, then brought you in bay to see absolutely nothing. Keep your money!
Read rmcavay's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: ducktour
Member Image duchess2
Sep 2017
It was fun and learned a bit about Ketchican but not our favourite tour
Read duchess2's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image gohokies123
Aug 2017
Duck tour was fun - they take you all through town and then into the water. It was about an hour and a half total. The guides were entertaining and knowledgeable, and you get to see the city from land and water.
Read gohokies123's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image KandiceLK
Aug 2017
My husband and I booked this because we thought our 6 and 7 year old sons would enjoy it. It was pouring down rain during our day in Ketchikan so luckily the bus was covered ( some rain drops got in) and warm and they provided blankets which was nice because we were soaked from walking in the town. Captain Peggy and Gil were awesome- they gave a lot of good information about the town and themselves, and yes a lot of corny jokes were involved. It was too rainy to take any really good pictures... but that was ok. And my two boys fell asleep because it felt so good on the bus. Too bad for them- it was a lot of fun.
Read KandiceLK's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image goblualum
Aug 2017
Was ok but Seattle's was much more entertaining.
Read goblualum's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Bettyscruiser
Aug 2017
A great tour of Ketchikan! Really fun thing to do with the kids.
Read Bettyscruiser's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image RogerLJ
Jul 2017
Rode the Ducks and had a very knowledgable driver and separate tour guide. Didn't wander too far from the Ship as it was raining as usual in Ketchican.
Read RogerLJ's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image cruiser241
Jul 2017
The duck tour was fun and included going on the roads to see some of the town and in the water.
Read cruiser241's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image dinausc11
Jul 2017
This was a blast for our six year old son! I would recommend staying in town to shop local art, eat King crab and check out all the amazing Totems.
Read dinausc11's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Emanuel Schreibmaier
Member Image HollyN25
Jul 2017
We were so disappointed with this! I've been on a Duck tour in another town that was awesome, so I really talked this up to my husband as being a great way to see a lot in a short amount of time for not too much money. Well, it was definitely short; we finished early so literally spent 20-25 minutes sitting on the vehicle in a parking lot while the driver tried to kill time by telling us about a recipe that can supposedly cure Type 2 diabetes (great, but not related to the tour), and then asking for questions. When the questions died down, he kept saying, "Are you sure there aren't any more questions?" Our driver was named "Captain Rosere" or "Captain Rogere" or something like that, and he had a young lady assistant to do the commentary. She was really sweet and definitely tried hard, but her delivery was a bit lacking due to inexperience. However, if that had been the only issue I would have been okay with it; everyone has to start somewhere. We did get to see quite a few eagles and seals while we were in the water, which was cool, but rather than sit in the parking lot and talk after we got out of the water he could have driven us out further in the water, like to a little island that we could only see from a distance. Also, he had several small plaques with "fun" sayings on them at the front of the bus, and one of them had the word "bullsh*t" on it. I'm not a prude, but if I'd had young kids with me, I would NOT have been okay with that, on this supposedly family-friendly tour. When we went back to the ship and got off the Duck, he asked me how I liked the trip. I said, "I didn't appreciate sitting in a parking lot for over 20 minutes of it," and he answered with, "Well, there were a lot of questions." There weren't, and even if there had been, his assistant could have handled those while he drove. Bottom line: I'm not sure if it was just this driver, or all the Duck tours in Ketchikan, but this has soured me for future potential Duck tours.
Read HollyN25's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review