Montego Bay River Rafting Excursion Reviews

Montego Bay River Rafting cruise excursion
Overall Rating 22 Reviews
A river tour in Montego Bay combines gentle rapids and lounging in the tropical sun.
Details & Booking
Member Image Cruisecajun2014
Jun 2018
The rafting was fun and all the staff were helpful to us as we have limited mobility. The bus ride wasn't long and the driver provided interesting information. Our raft captain was excellent. The scenery was lovely.
Read Cruisecajun2014's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image datroof
May 2018
Loved this one!! Great way to end the day with a lazy float along a very beautiful part of the plantation.
Read datroof's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image ipacheo
Mar 2018
Excellent! Relaxing. Our guide was a older man named Patrick. He was informative of THE GREAT RIVER, very careful and knowledgeable.
Read ipacheo's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Herbs Mom
Feb 2018
We wanted something quiet and relaxing and yet unique - this fit the bill totally! A great choice
Read Herbs Mom's full Veendam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image mimi7546
Dec 2017
Loved Garfield our raft guide. He point out unique plants and gave us a lot of insights into life in Jamaica!
Read mimi7546's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image bsampath
Nov 2017
Nice jungle ride. rum tasting too. fun
Read bsampath's full Viking Sky cruise review
Provider: Viking Ocean Cruises
Member Image markn46804
Oct 2017
Rafting on the Martha Brae was awesome. The stop by the bus driver at the way-overpriced souvenir shop was NOT appreciated nor did I buy anything.
Read markn46804's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Brett1997
Jun 2017
The "Rafting on the Martha Brae" trip was nice and relaxing. Easy tour and a good look at Montego Bay. The shop owners/proprietors are very pushy with sales and the city did not seem very safe, so I am glad we took a ship excursion.
Read Brett1997's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image golf1278
Dec 2016
A fun and relaxing float down the river with our guide, "Shrek." About 8 rafts tied together with a guide leading the way. Opportunities to swim and I got to jump off a rope swing! Rum punch added to the group entertainment. One of our favorite excursions!
Read golf1278's full Regal Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image itsknotsew
Sep 2016
Just after boarding the bus, our guide commenced with her welcome and then ALMOST immediately after began discussing gratuities. One of the first things she told us was that they considered a one dollar tip an insult but that they appreciated gratuities! What?! When we arrived at our destination, there was confusion about the groups and ours seemed rather large compared to others. We were walked up river aways and encouraged to get in the water (which was quite nippy!). Then we got out and headed to the place where the rafts were. Problem is there weren't enough rafts for the rafters. Two groups (ours included) had to wait quite awhile for two more rafts to be brought while all the others went ahead. During this time, ON THE WATER!, it was thundering and lightening which concerned me as water and lightening do not mix!! At the end of the trip, there was one place selling food so there was no choice and I think we were there longer than we were on the river! After loading up the bus, we were taken to A shop (Rainbow Shoppe) which was not worth getting off the bus. I'm sure the driver got a kickback from that! I would NOT recommend this excursion to anyone!
Read itsknotsew's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image wecruisetogethersince2012
Jul 2016
Not impressed at all
Read wecruisetogethersince2012's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image Darshan1
Mar 2016
Martha Brae river rafting was relaxing. Our guide was mostly friendly but seemed irked we didn't want to buy his hand carvings. However, he may have been frustrated with his fellow boat captains who were crowding him. The rafts last about six months, we were told, and his rode lower on the water than newer boats. Making sure our feet didn't get wet was important to him but the other captains weren't quick to make way. Overall, peaceful and picturesque, if a little hot. I'd recommend it.
Read Darshan1's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image margarets blog
Jan 2016
Good
Read margarets blog's full Braemar cruise review
Provider: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
Member Image shawnwhittaker
Nov 2015
we have a 2 yeaar old so our options are very limited. this was perfect for our kids. allowed us todo something different and unique.
Read shawnwhittaker's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Promises
Sep 2014

Great float and rapids on tubes down the Rio Bueno. This made our Jamaica visit great.

Read Promises's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Urias
Not Rated
Aug 2014

Went to Good Hope Estate and it was an hour long bus trip. The trip was very comfortable and when we got there it was well worth it. Went on a ATV and for an older person like myself , I loved it. The guide was awesome and well-knowledged. Next it was zip=lining. This one is the best for first timers and older people who can.t climb the best or as fast. I am 60 and was able to keep up. Last, it was on a raft on the river and we loved it too. Am not a strong swimmer but there was always staff around to help and we were not in really deep water. We ate and the chicken was good and especially fried bread. Next time I will try to book a buffet of the food in that area because I like to try different foods.

Read Urias's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image Charlala
Jan 2013
Montego Bay, Jamaica, we did the Jungle River Raft/Float Tour. It was a long ssllooww tour down the Jungle River tied together with others while our tour guide paddled his arms off. I don't think I can recommend this excursion, it just seemed long, boring and awkward with the tour guide paddling our butts down the river.
Read Charlala's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image wonderfultimecruises
Dec 2012
Good but overpriced by ten - twenty dollars or so..and felt extremely obligated to tip..so where does the money we paid for the excursion go..if the raft men all wanted more money.All tour operators seem to offer it for the same prices approximately..so someones making money and are the rafters themselves?
Read wonderfultimecruises's full MSC Poesia cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image mr jimmy
Apr 2012
Enjoyed the raft trip. I brought lots of tip money in expectation of passing it out to all the folks expecting to be compensated for just being there. Was not disappointed.
Read mr jimmy's full Carnival Conquest cruise review