Cozumel Chankanaab National Park Tour Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Chankanaab National Park Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating 215 Reviews
If you're looking for a day in the sun, venture into Chankanaab National Park. With scuba, snorkeling, a historical walking trail, and not to mention great food, Chankanaab provides the perfect relaxing atmosphere for your time in Cozumel.
Details & Booking
Member Image HACKT
Nov 2018
We booked the Chankanaab Beach Park & Snorkel which was fun and interesting but a “do once”. It included snorkel gear but no food or drinks. Was a very regimented 4 hrs with a guide taking you from place to place. If you lost your guide you missed out on activities but you could relax at the beach on a lounger until departure time. About 20 minute van ride from pier, then snorkel first off. Not bad, some reef and many fish by the pier, water comfortable. Couldn’t snorkel again as we turned in our gear. Next was guacamole making so you got a few bites, very good. You could purchase food and drinks then. Afterwards a 30 minute sea lion show, then back on the van.
Read HACKT's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image jc4me
Oct 2018
Nice day at the beach snorkeling and exploring. Included lunch was good.
Read jc4me's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: Shoreexcursioneer
Member Image John9832
Oct 2018
snorkeling was so so. Still it was nice. The sea lion show was average except the part where it kissed you. Insane price to buy the photo so we skipped buying it. I would have preferred a different shore snorkeling site but I don't know the island. I suppose after the Cayman islands it would be hard to beat
Read John9832's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Provider: just took a cab there
Member Image flourecentclear
Sep 2018
In the park they have this beautiful area i'm not sure exactly was it was but was some sort of ancient ruins.
Read flourecentclear's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image Mayafra
Aug 2018
Very nice place really organized. Jose and Chino very nice person explain everything when we snorkeling, sea lion show love it, buffet was good. My son forget his bag when we get out the cruise but somebody back to security everything is in the luggage. Thanks for the experience we are ENJOY!!!
Read Mayafra's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Member Image LX19
Aug 2018
Expensive pictures with all animals you take photos with, but the park itself is a great place for families. Especially, the dolphin swim.
Read LX19's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image jaminp
Jul 2018
It was a short activity but is was enough for my family. We did snorkeling, watched a sea lion show and tequila tasting.
Read jaminp's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image mirri
Jul 2018
Snorkeled at Chakanaab National Park. The park does offer towel rentals if you don't want to lug one from the ship. Had lunch at one of the in-park open air restaurants which was non-remarkable. The place was full of both cruisers and local school trips, but the area did not seem packed. Sea lion show is worth a watch if you can make one of the three showings.
Read mirri's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Phavwrit
Jun 2018
Beautiful gardens, snorkeling at the beach was amazing. very touristy and gift shop over priced
Read Phavwrit's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: No tour just went to the park
Member Image mwleczyk85
Jun 2018
Underground Cenotes were amazing in Playa Del Carmen
Read mwleczyk85's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image MCastorena68
May 2018
Wonderful park with sooo many things to do!
Read MCastorena68's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Chankanaab
Member Image Vmb83
May 2018
Flour was an amazing tour guide at the Chankanaab National Park Tour, she and her assistant guided those that wanted to snorkle through the reef, and we saw some awesome fish. The Sea Lion show was cute, and the lunch was edible (not anything to write home about). Overall it was a nice combo -- I didn't take part in the tequila tasting however heard from others on the excursion it was amazing with awesome homemade guacamole and the Mini Mayan Ruins were most informative. Overall it was a good excursion for my whole family Grandma and 2 young children 6 & 11 yrs old and myself 34 yrs. They did have a photographer in the water when I snorkeled and they captured some cool pictures of myself and my daughter ($25 for 2 photos).
Read Vmb83's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image turinhaas
Apr 2018
We did the Royal VIP swim and it was truly a special experience. Chankanaab was a wonderful park and we'll be back.
Read turinhaas's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Stephacr
Apr 2018
Amazing ! Best experience swimming with dolphins, we did not like the food at the buffet.
Read Stephacr's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image PatGabM2
Apr 2018
This park was so much fun! There is so much to do that we didn’t even get to do a quarter of it.
Read PatGabM2's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image YamahaRyoko
Apr 2018
First I will tell you that we did not book this excursion through our cruise line, but decided to go and spend our day there. A man in a Chankanaab booth at the port authority was selling passes - it was $35 per person. We foolishly paid this man $105 for myself, my wife and our teenager. We had to pay for the taxi ourselves too (Another $12 both ways). When we arrived, we saw the admission price at the gate was $21 for adults and $15 for children. That's a difference of $48. In addition, the taxi driver conveniently didn't have singles for change, so we had to give her $15. That's a cute stunt - so remember to bring smaller bills. Chankanaab is beautiful. Its not a white sand beach; its rocks with ladders leading down to the water. Not ideal but it was suitable. They had a swimming pool for kids. I will tell you, that never in my life have I been to a swimming pool in the US where you cannot see the bottom. This water was so dirty, you could see about half way down until a brown hue took over. The most disgusting part was watching parents let their kids swim in it. The nearby fountains were spewing brown water, and the poolside bar had a "human waste" aroma wafting from it. Lastly, every other activity inside this park ALSO costs money. So you pay to get in, and you pay for activities $$$. We will not repeat.
Read YamahaRyoko's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image EssG
Apr 2018
Booked from Australia directly with the park...Had a lovely day. WIFI was a bit iffy at best, but the food was great and the beach beautiful.
Read EssG's full MSC Seaside cruise review
Provider: Booked via internet
Member Image cruisbob
Apr 2018
met family from another line at this location.. great snorkling .. wish i had scuba upto date .. could have dived off beach .. food good ,, beach nice .. not crowded for ships in port .. would do again, again , again.. best stop we have been too on cozumel.. since every ship stops every week at cozumel. more to see we missed
Read cruisbob's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Sara Beth
Apr 2018
The park was beautiful and well-maintained and there was a full itinerary of activities that were included as part of the all inclusive pass, or you could just opt-out of them and lay on the beach and drink. You did not have a server, which saved money on tips, but also meant that you were always walking back and forth between the bar and beach area. They would only give you one drink at a time and the beers were small and the margaritas tasted like sugar syrup. The beach area is very small, but you can enter the water through any of the various staircases that are used for snorkeling. The snorkeling tour with Alex was really good. We spent awhile in the water and got to see tons of tropical fish, coral formations, and underwater statues. It was a great opportunity for people new to snorkeling or scared of the open ocean to get a glimpse of life under the sea. The park was pretty big and not all of the drink stands and activities were included in the all-inclusvie pass, so I found that a little confusing. I ended up paying an extra $16 for margaritas from one of the vendors. They were really, REALLY good and I got to the keep the hand-painted cup that they were served in, but had i known before i ordered them that there was an additional change, I probably would not have. The tequila tasting and guac cooking lesson were great, also.
Read Sara Beth's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Gingerly
Apr 2018
Good, clean, safe, plenty to do, rented glass bottom kayak,
Read Gingerly's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image maharp206
Apr 2018
Snorkeling was fun. Our tour guide showed us how he makes guacamole. My husband loved it! We saw a Sea-lion show which was vey good.
Read maharp206's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image maggie27808
Mar 2018
A+ Snorkeling, lunch and day at the beach was great!! Our tour guide Mr. Y, was informative while giving presentations of the cultural history. Would high recommend ~ excellent.
Read maggie27808's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image Jones1964
Mar 2018
we took a taxi to the location, i had tickets i bought from trip adviser. plenty to do for families but it too was way too crowded. we stayed for about two hours did some snorkeling but, the water was way to choppy so we decided to just get some sun.. again with 5 ship in port it was impossible to find a chair. Went back to the ship.
Read Jones1964's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image mstone1216
Mar 2018
Liked the dolphin encounter. The meal that was included was awful. Kids rented the kayaks and enjoyed those.
Read mstone1216's full Carnival Dream cruise review