Grand Cayman Stingray Swim Excursion Reviews

Grand Cayman Stingray Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Encounter one of Grand Cayman's most popular sea creatures -- the stingray. Feed and touch them as you swim together in the island's turquoise water.
Member Image Out of Iowa
Sep 2017
The sea was really too choppy to go and it was raining with heavier rain in the distance, yet six intrepid travelers and owner Mark Button with his crew took us on a 20-minute boat ride. The weather was too awful to continue (despite what half of the tourists wanted dearly) so we turned around. Saw some lovely homes; enjoyed a short, wet, rainy boatride; and there was no charge. So disappointed we didn't get to the sandbar to swim with the stringrays - but none of that is Moby Dick's fault. The staff were fabulous.
Read Out of Iowa's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Moby Dick
Member Image brie921
Sep 2017
When we got on the boat to go to Stingray City we were both again freezing and I told my friend since I have been to Stingray CIty at least 10 times that I would stay on the boat and take pictures of her. Again I think both tours should have been canceled due to the weather. I'm sure it would have been an awesome tour if the sun had been shining.
Read brie921's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Breezie68
Sep 2017
Great stingray time. Nice boat ride, and lots of rays!
Read Breezie68's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Member Image starzcruiser
Sep 2017
Smaller and more personalized and simply amazing . A++++ for Everything Definitely always felt safe.
Read starzcruiser's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Moby Dick Tours
Member Image ScruffJenkins
Aug 2017
This was so much fun. I'm a little concerned because I still haven't received the photos from the tour company, but the experience itself was very affordable and everyone loved it.
Read ScruffJenkins's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Adm. Cruz
Aug 2017
Grand Cayman: Swam with the stingrays using Carnival tour for families it was excellent and worth every penny. This is one of the most expensive islands in the Caribbean. Example maracas $5 to $12— Cozumel bigger nicer $1. Shot glasses, GC price $5----Cozumel $1. You decide.
Read Adm. Cruz's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image landslide90250
Aug 2017
We went on the Coral Garden and Stingray City Sandbar excursion. It was great. Both my wife and I had a wonderful experience. The boat operators were pleasant and knowledgeable. We got to watch and touch many stingrays. At the coral reef we saw a huge number of beautiful fish and observed the living coral.
Read landslide90250's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image mistamellow
Aug 2017
Stingray city was one of the coolest things I've ever done
Read mistamellow's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Mr.D
Jul 2017
The tour company was a bit disorganized and did not follow through with the complete tour we had paid for, which was a long visit to the turtle farm. The Stingray city visit and the Coral gardens snorkel were great, although the snorkel was a shorter time than they advertised. The water is amazing and so clear. The starfish point was very cool to see the starfish and be able to hold them and feel them. The rating was only based on the poorness of the tour company, NOT the sights seen because they were completely AMAZING!!!
Read Mr.D's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: shore excursioneer
Member Image arunk
Must do
Read arunk's full MSC Opera cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image dpfjr1
Jul 2017
Over crowded. Not many stingrays.
Read dpfjr1's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Nike4000
Jul 2017
For the second time the wife and I went to Stingray City with Marineland Tours. It might be our most favorite excursion we've ever done. The price isn't overwhelming and the group at Marineland are wonderful. They really know their stuff and take time to teach everyone about the beautiful stingrays. We're also huge fans of their boat, which has steps that walk you right down to the sand. It's the easiest way to get in and out of the water at Stingray City. I was bummed because my supposedly waterproof camera got water in it and stopped working before I could get one single picture with the stingrays! Boo! The reason I marked this down from Excellent to Very Good was because we had to wait over an hour for our excursion to start. We were told to meet at the excursion tent on the pier at 11am, which we did. Turns out we weren't leaving until after noon to head to the boat! So, we sat on the pier for over an hour, waiting to go. It was hot and crowded, not the most fun part of our cruise. We knew what was coming with the trip to Stingray City, so we were very eager to get going. It was a big bummer to have to wait and sweat it out. Still, overall it was a great time!
Read Nike4000's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Pookiefish
Jul 2017
Fabulous experience with Stingrays - not strenuous at all, despite the description in the cruise brochure, so no worries. A lovely 30 minute boat ride to the beautiful sandbar area where the stingrays congregate - only waist deep for me (I'm about 5'2"). Not scary at all and the stingrays are oh so gentle and used to people. They are used to being handled and fed and will even "beg" for more food by brushing against you - one even gently "draped" itself over my shoulders in a gently "hug" as I was getting back on the boat!
Read Pookiefish's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image cruisingbabe61
Jul 2017
Really enjoyed Captain Shaun's excursion. The boat did not carry a lot of people so it wasn't crowded. He and his son made my daughter and I feel comfortable swimming with the stingrays.
Read cruisingbabe61's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Drrandall
Jul 2017
Sting Ray swim was the highlight of the cruise. Totally awesome.
Read Drrandall's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image hamaknockr
Jul 2017
Again, not enough time!!!! But, we had a blast and we got to hold the stingrays. There were a good bit of people on the sandbar, but our guides made sure that everyone got a chance to play with the stingrays. They offered pictures and we got 9 pics for $50--which is a bargain compared to others!!!
Read hamaknockr's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image ladylinguatx
Jul 2017
This was our second visit to Stingray City. It was beyond wonderful--we were provided much more interaction with the beautiful and friendly rays than on our previous visit. Many photos were taken, but no pressure to buy was exerted. Delroy was an excellent tour operator; everything was top notch!
Read ladylinguatx's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: Captain Marvin's
Member Image Hamilton1388
Jul 2017
This was awesome! Great first stop! Stingray city was packed but we got our chance to hold one and then got to snorkel with the reef which was amazing!
Read Hamilton1388's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image tartan23455
Jun 2017
Best tour of our cruise. Nice catamaran sail. Great crew. spent lots of time with the stingrays. water crystal clear. Would do this one again.
Read tartan23455's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image hoopszm
Jun 2017
The stingrays are something everyone should get the opportunity to experience.
Read hoopszm's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Stingray City
Member Image LIELDERS
Jun 2017
The Stingray city is SO neat!! We took a 30 minute boat ride from our dolphin swim to an open area where several boats stopped and everyone can walk around ( the water was surprisingly about waist deep) the employees would pick them up and you can pet them, take photos with them and they will even rub your back with the stingray. I was under the impression that there were no cameras allowed ( but that was only for dolphin cove) so if you have any type of water proof camera.. TAKE IT!!
Read LIELDERS's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Member Image Brett1997
Jun 2017
We privately booked a stingray swim/snorkeling tour with Captain Mario at Acquarius tours and it was wonderful. Very nice crew and a small tour group. We really enjoyed Grand Cayman and would go back.
Read Brett1997's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: Acquarius Tours
Member Image we2ding
Jun 2017
Great time out with the Stingrays! Well organized and small groups of about 12. Plenty of time to enjoy the water and take your own pictures or you could buy theirs. Then off to Rum Point Beach. Lovely beach with lunch on your own. Everything is listed in Cayman $$$ but appears to be US. I ordered one frozen drink and a Tequila Sunrise and it was $28 US dollars! They give you back Cayman change, which of course you have no use for, so you give them it for a tip. Which is all fine and dandy until you read on your receipt that they also charged you a tip of about 3 dollars. There are NO signs at this beach that tips are added OR that all prices are in Cayman $$. So it is very expensive there! You are not allowed to bring outside food or drink on their property. I rate the Stingray experience Excellent but the Rum Point Beach is average.
Read we2ding's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image blazeplacid
Amazing experience.
Read blazeplacid's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Grandma1942
Jun 2017
Great adventure. Our boat and guide were great.
Read Grandma1942's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review