Grand Cayman Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Grand Cayman Beach Break cruise excursion
Overall Rating 187 Reviews
If your idea of a relaxing day involves sand, water and breathtaking scenery, consider a beach break excursion in Grand Cayman.
Details & Booking
Member Image kineheloe
Nov 2018
Great beach
Read kineheloe's full MSC Seaside cruise review
Provider: Amvivo
Member Image ktemaque
Oct 2018
Our ,next stop was Seven Mile Beach which had the beach, snack bar and a beautiful pool. Again not good for handicap to walk. We had a lounge reserved on beach for us and were able to get into water. Unfortunately, found very difficult time trying to get into water. If you wanted rent an umbrella, it was $15. We used ours and then gave it to some ladies to have. Had to return to lounge while husband in water. This was fine with me. My husband and I then went up and enjoyed the pool for the remainder of the stop here. I must say anyone without mobility issues would have a great time here swimming, jet skis, etc. and snack bar. I did enjoy this excursion very much even with mobility issues.
Read ktemaque's full Island Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image MrChocoholic
Aug 2018
Put my girls into a taxi and sent them off to explore Seven Mile Beach while I checked on my money at UBS, shopped for a watch and walked around downtown. I didn't find anything worth buying for my daughter's birthday present. I wasn't hungry, so I didn't bother sampling any of the food which I'd done before. I saw a traffic cop perform. Wonderful. Once you've been to Grand Cayman and you check out the Turtle Kraals, Stingray City and you go to Hell, that's all, folks. You're not a diver, you're bored. The beach has nice sand.
Read MrChocoholic's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Ourselves
Member Image DFWJean&Bill
Jun 2018
Pedro St James Beach Escape. Would not recommend. Beach was overcrowded, no shade, small bar.
Read DFWJean&Bill's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image euroman7110
Jun 2018
This was in combination with Stingray City. After the stingray encounter, tour boat took us to the Rum Beach, very nice area, not too many people, blue water, restaurants and changing rooms right in the area. Nice relaxing break, too bad it was only 1.5 hours. Would have liked to stay more.
Read euroman7110's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Off Shore
Jun 2018
White House beach resort very relaxing; excellent drinks, poor food.
Read Off Shore's full Insignia cruise review
Member Image penguin305
Apr 2018
7 mile beach beautiful chairs included $10 for an umbrella. good food and drinks served.
Read penguin305's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image cruisegirl1963
Apr 2018
Royal Palms Beach Resort was very nice. There were 3 ships in port and it was never crowded. $4 cab (ended up being a bus), $2 entry fee, $12 lounge chair, $15 umbrella, plus food and drink were available. I loved it.
Read cruisegirl1963's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image OntarioChick
Apr 2018
Great beach club. Perfect place to spend the day. There were 6 of us and we booked a cabana. Close to cruise port - short cab ride.
Read OntarioChick's full Regal Princess cruise review
Provider: Royal Palms
Member Image ABPanda
Apr 2018
We booked a beach cabana on 7 mike beach at the Royal Palm Resort. The beach and cabanas were nice and fairly priced. The service was just ok.
Read ABPanda's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Sara Beth
Apr 2018
Brewery, Distillery, Rum cakes, and Beach break booked through Viator. The tour company Amvivo was awesome. I made an error when booking and didn't consider that island time would be different from our ship time, so we wouldn't return from the tour in time to catch the last tender. I called Amvivo in the morning when I arrived in port and realized my miscalculation and they were super nice and offered suggestions on how we could still make it work. We ended up cutting the beach break a little short and paying an extra $5 to get a cab back to the port, but it was still am awesome tour and we had just enough time to hop into the ocean to cool off and take some pictures of the gorgeous beach. I believe Jamar was our tour guide and he was the best!
Read Sara Beth's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Viator - Amvivo
Member Image joanneTravels
Mar 2018
Started with public beach up north called Calico. Took the bus. Didn't like this beach as it was packed like sardines. We decided to walk southwards and it began to thin out and be more elegant. I highly recommend beach day at Royal Palms Beach Club. Hemingway is 5 minutes from Royal and nice too, but not as many lounge chairs and they want a minimum spend of $25 per person. Royal Palms Beach Club has a $2 entry, $12 lounge chair, $15 umbrella. 7 Mile Beach had clear, warmish water. Nice sand. My companion got badly sunburned without even realizing it at the time. Wear lots of sunscreen and reapply.
Read joanneTravels's full MSC Seaside cruise review
Provider: took a taxi and walked the beach on foot
Member Image KPookey
Mar 2018
Stingray city and rum point beach- travel time was a deal breaker! Otherwise...crew was great, swim with stingrays nice...rum point beach just ok.
Read KPookey's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image AmyNickerson
Mar 2018
Always purchase the All-Inclusive version of excursions! We had unlimited food, drinks, beach access, and wait-service for 3 hours! It was delightful!
Read AmyNickerson's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image shortpants20
Mar 2018
We took a bus to 7 mile beach. While I still like the beach, it is too commercialized. Boats and jet skis trying to pull up to the beach in between swimmers and kids is a little annoying.It was raining the day we were there so spent time at Calico Jacks Bar and grill which had good food.
Read shortpants20's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image OnceUponASea27
Mar 2018
Do not do this one unless you like be sandwiched on the beach in your beach chair. Be prepared to share you umbrella. Not much room on the beach, far from relaxing.
Read OnceUponASea27's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Capt Mano
Mar 2018
7 Mile Beach! Love it. Stop by Calico Jacks for a Great Beach Bar/Restaurant. But you can’t say you’ve been to Grand Cayman unless you’ve done Stingray City. Done it twice in the past. Leave time for a Margarita at Margaritville before boarding a launch back to the ship!
Read Capt Mano's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image wine_gal413
Mar 2018
White House Beach break was very good. Definitely be prepared for the very rocky/coral reef and bottom. $14.00 drinks were a little too much for a 8 oz cocktail.
Read wine_gal413's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image pyrokgw
Feb 2018
A waste of time and money. Paid big bucks for what was basically a loud and uncomfortable ride on a bus to a crowded beach. "Tour Guide" barely spoke to the guests.
Read pyrokgw's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image LCobb
Feb 2018
Didn't like the idea they charged $15 for the use of the umbrella for 2 hours, beach became very crowded, warm water, enjoyed out time there.
Read LCobb's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image pleser777
Good food, nice beach
Read pleser777's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image daleroux
Jan 2018
Nice resort but Beach was rocky and could not swim.
Read daleroux's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image cdb051557
Jan 2018
we did the white house beach break. this was advertised poorly on the NCL site and when we got on the ship we were informed that the beach was pretty much unusable in the water due to the rocks. the beach was great white sugar sand water terrible due to the rocks.
Read cdb051557's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image keithm
Jan 2018
Though the property(The White House)is very nice. The cost $249pp was really steep. It was all inclusive & they still expected you to pay $10 for the umbrella(included, so the description said. The beach was not really nice. You had to go off a pier into the water due to the coral rock at the shore line. The lunch provided was quite nice however. The price was still too high for what was offered.
Read keithm's full Riviera cruise review