Aruba Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Aruba Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating 158 Reviews
Aruba offers some of the finest offshore locations to experience the island's small coral bays and vibrantly colored fish. Beginners and experienced snorkelers alike will love the experience.
Details & Booking
Member Image dawila
Nov 2018
Great morning tour. Loved the rum punch and the crew.
Read dawila's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Aruba Water Sports Center
Member Image dands987
Nov 2018
De Palm Island- free wifi on the island, snorkeling was some of the brightest color fish we have seen. Free- snorkel, food, bannana boat ride, zip line and air bounce
Read dands987's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image ojycart123
Nov 2018
This was our first time booking through cruise line and not directly. Won't do it again. The tour was okay. It was the sailaway through Pelican Adventures. In past snorkel trips the crew was in the water with you feeding the fish diving down and pointing things out, bringing sea life back up to see etc. Nothing was done here. Maybe because it was so huge with over 100 people. The second stop was very rough and we sat on the boat watching people struggle to get out of the choppy water and up the ladder and there was no crew members around to grab their fins and assist. The rum punch didn't start until after snorkeling. After the second stop we got 90 minutes on a beach with a restaurant and had a chicken and rib bbq dinner. That was pretty good. The crew made drinks and brought up on the beach to us.
Read ojycart123's full Carnival Horizon cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Melisa E
Nov 2018
friendly staff fun rope swing great ship wreck
Read Melisa E's full Royal Princess cruise review
Member Image mojomorris
Nov 2018
Jolly Roger snorkel cruise. 3 snorkel sites – the Attila shipwreck and 2 shallow water snorkel spots. Good ship and crew with snack and drink and good snorkeling for novices and intermediates. I would recommend this for snorkelers even though I sat out the Attila part of it due to rough water.
Read mojomorris's full Regal Princess cruise review
Member Image attilamom1217
Oct 2018
Snorkeled in a couple of great spots including the sunken German ship. Had fun.
Read attilamom1217's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions Group
Member Image loufon
Oct 2018
Did the Catamaran sail/snorkeling tour. it was a lot of fun. Went to both a shallow reef where we saw lots of beautiful fish and another site where we were able to snorkel over a wreck. That was very interesting. The catamaran was great, guides were nice, drinks were served on the return. Was a lot of fun.
Read loufon's full Zuiderdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image elfaye11
Oct 2018
The Black Pearl sunset cruise was super chill and relaxing. Not a hyped up booze cruise. Snorkeled at 2 spots before sunset. Delicious cocktails and cheese sandwiches included!
Read elfaye11's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Provider: Blue Melody / Black Pearl
Member Image lhargrove62
Sep 2018
Snorkeling in Aruba: We booked Sailaway tours and were looking forward to a great day. We took a taxi and it cost $16.00 per taxi. There were 7 of us and they were not able to take more than 5 people per taxi so we had to get two. They told us to get there at 8:30 and we would sail at 9:30. My husband recently had knee surgery and we wanted to make sure he had a good spot to sit on the boat. We wanted to make sure he was comfortable. We got there right at 8:30. When we got there they asked me why were there so early. We waited for about 45 minutes and then they got us ready to go. We had to get into a smaller boat which took us to the boat for our tour. The smaller boat was not too small, and it was not hard to get in to it. It was a little challenging to get into the large boat, but too difficult. Once on board we choose our spot and settled in. The girls got onto the nets at the front of the boat. It was fun, but the ropes are not as comfortable as the netting on a catamaran. Make sure you have something to sit on or a dress over your bathing suit. The bar opened the minute we left port and the party started. We stopped at 3 different spots to snorkel. I enjoyed all three spots. The rope swing was opened during the 3rd stop. I didn’t get to try it because it was open while I was snorkeling. But a couple people from my group tried it and had fun. After the 3rd spot they had lunch ready. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed the lunch. The chicken was so good! The rice was excellent. We all really enjoyed it. The staff on board were great and we had a great time. I would sail with Sailaway again. When we got back to ended up taking a bus pack to the port. It was only $3.00 per person. Much cheaper than the taxi’s.
Read lhargrove62's full Carnival Horizon cruise review
Provider: Sailaway Tours
Member Image Kim W.
Jun 2018
Went catamaran sailing and snorkeling with Pelican, was a great trip overall. Loved the first section of the snorkeling, wasn't too deep, water was crystal clear and many fish on the coral reef area. Second snorkeling site was rough, water was incredibly choppy, we were out quite a bit into the ocean, very deep, there was a ship sunken with marine life present, we had to swim against the waves to get to the end of the ship but the water made it too much of a workout and the ship is spooky looking especially in the deep dark water. I didn't see anything other than the ship and only made it about 40 feet away from the boat we were on before I had to turn back. Open bar and followed by a BBQ chicken lunch on shore on a beach.
Read Kim W.'s full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mojomorris
May 2018
Aruba De Palm lsland Beach and Snorkel. Good snorkeling for novices a mediocre experience for those with more experience. The snorkel area is large enough so people aren’t bumping/swimming into one another. Unfortunately the water was rough and not as much fun as the last time we were here. Included is lunch and drinks. A tad expensive but I made reservations thru X before the cruise and saved some money so it was all good. There is also a water park which would good for families. I would recommend and do again. Thumbs up
Read mojomorris's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image OneLiners
Apr 2018
Excellent trip on a Catamaran all the punch you can drink but after snorkeling - good move. Beautiful spot but horrible BBQ lunch afterwards - compared to the food on the Cruise that is
Read OneLiners's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Member Image Kevinteresa333
Apr 2018
Private island, reef and lagoon dive was incredible!!!
Read Kevinteresa333's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Member Image LoveOBX
Mar 2018
Good crew. Big crowd, but crew handled it well and was very efficient. Equipment was very good. There were about 60 of us onboard, but it did not feel crowded. They kept the rum punch and other drinks flowing (try the blue drink). On the open-air bus ride back to the ship, they had everyone whooping, and hollering, and singing classic rock tunes at full volume! Lots of fun.
Read LoveOBX's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jaubert
Mar 2018
Absolutely loved this snorkeling excursion, which took us to 2 sites. One was near the lighthouse. Water wasn't too deep, crystal clear, plenty of beautiful fish. Second was much deeper water but over a sunken ship - absolutely stunning.
Read jaubert's full Koningsdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image cfgh23
Mar 2018
Long catamaran ride just to snorkel in 10 feet of water over a sandy bottom!
Read cfgh23's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Member Image St. Albert cruisers
Mar 2018
Went on a snorkelling tour which started off on a bus with no window. The driver was very informative of the island until we reached our snorkelling adventure. We went snorkelling with the jolly pirates who were very entertaining. They took us to 3 snorkel sites. A wonderful crew. Our ride back on the bus to the ship was a blast. The driver gave everyone maracas and he blasted the music which made everyone join in on the tunes and shake our maracas at the passerbys through our open windows. Was a ton of fun.
Read St. Albert cruisers's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Member Image travel72!
Mar 2018
snorkled a german freightership and another spot for the fish. great underwater pictures on a clear day.
Read travel72!'s full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Next to Hilton on Palm Beach (beachfront)
Member Image Hogladyrider
Mar 2018
We opted to sail and snorkel via catamaran thru Carnival and we enjoyed this excursion immensely. The crew were amazing. 45 fellow cruisers, so we were not over crowded. We had two snorkel stops with lots of fish at both locations. The 2nd stop was at a wreck and the fish were amazing! We had a great time on this excursion and when we returned to the dock people were wanting to pay to go again!
Read Hogladyrider's full Carnival Vista cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image CherylConner
Mar 2018
Excellent experience on boat and beach. Yummy food, nice equipment, open bar on boat after snorkeling. Friendly crew, helpful and funny. Excellent time.
Read CherylConner's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image tjgrant
Mar 2018
It was very windy. The snorkeling wasn’t great, but there were certainly lots of fish. For a first time snorkeller it might have been great, but we have seen many snorkel sites in the Caribbean, so its hard for me to judge. I do think that it was far superior than most shore snorkeling that we’ve done on our own. And at only $50, well worth the money in my opinion.
Read tjgrant's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image PHJohn
Mar 2018
Rough sea meant that we had to sail further out into the sea which was very rough. Instead of clear blue calm water, we were presented with rough a black sea. Which was too rough for me or my partner (so I didn't snorkel). As it was rough we sailed further out to another ship wreck spot - which was a bit calmer but not like waters I had snorkelled in before. Again I didn't go in. My partner did however, but didn't see much sea life. No running water in the toilets to wash hands also the ladies toilet didn't flush and was full of faecal matter (which was not nice). The guides were very informative and friendly though.
Read PHJohn's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Maraviclin
Feb 2018
Beautiful location and a fun but safety conscious crew to take us there and back. The waters around the Antilla wreck were quite choppy so some care must be taken while swimming there
Read Maraviclin's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Member Image snow bunny
Feb 2018
Would not suggest anyone try the two stop snorkel trip unless you are a very powerful swimmer. First stop at the shipwreck was downright dangerous due to the undertow, I had issues with my flippers so got out of the water but my husband tried to snorkel but had to get out before even getting his face in the water due to the conditions. Second stop the snorkelling conditions were better but there was nothing to see. Then they dropped us off for lunch which was okay and our "reserved" lawn chairs were not so great. Save your money and go to the beach!
Read snow bunny's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review