Nassau City Tour Excursion Reviews

Nassau City Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
From the decadent Atlantis resort to the colonial era Fort Charlotte, there is no lack of activity on Nassau. Take a guided tour to see it all in one day.
Member Image aventurera35
Jul 2017
I wanted to give this a higher rating but a couple of things happened that made me change my mind. The tour itself is fine. If you're going to Nassau and expecting a tour of the rich and famous, everything beautifully manicured, tended to, looking high end and perfect... then you'd probably be disappointed. I didn't go in thinking this way, so I was quite happy just being on the air conditioned bus, listening and watching as the tour guide Marcus would point out things to see and random bits of information. He was very friendly. The negatives are such: - we had a hard time finding the point to person for this tour once we got off the ship. The instructions basically just said something like "Walk out of the terminal, past the hair braiders and make a left." Welp... we did. And couldn't find the guy anywhere. So we wandered around the terminal's mini straw market until I noticed the blue and white sign that this tour guide was supposed to have. He was holding it down by his side... no way we could have seen that easily if we hadn't, at this point, been looking up and down and all around for him. - The mini bus used is your basic bus, run down but functional... except when the AC shut down. It must have been the hottest day ever...and no A/C. Marcus the tour guide was very apologetic, it wasn't his fault after all... but a better bus would have prevented this from happening in the first place. - As much as I enjoyed talking to Marcus the tour guide, asking questions and general banter - I was disappointed when he dropped us off at our last stop - Atlantis Hotel and gave us 30 minutes to tour the casino and the grounds. In NO WAY did we indicate that we were staying at Atlantis. In fact, when he mentioned that 12:45 would be our pickup time, I said to him "Thank you! See you then!" Meaning... we'd be returning, so that he could take us back to port area. We walked around, always conscious of the time and as I was walking back to the taxi area, I noticed our tour bus driving off!!! I looked at the time and we were definitely within the allotted time! We waited outside, thinking maybe he was just going to go make a loop and come back around for anyone he'd missed. But he never did. I asked the security official (very nice lady, Renee) if she'd noticed our bus and tour guide and she said she had... that he'd pulled up, done a rolling stop and moved on... with just 4 passengers. We were 12 total.... He must have assumed that we'd be staying, but for the life of me I have no idea why!?!?!?!? We ended up taking a $4 taxi bus back to the port terminal. And still completely confused at to what happened and why we were left behind.
Read aventurera35's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Provider: Booked through Expedia
Member Image Eric Seals
Jul 2017
It was a 2 1/2 hour excursion that was recommended and it was just average. The tour guide who drove the van didn't talk as much as we all wanted and he only highlighted a few things. I sat in front asking questions about various things to get him talking more. We had on average 15 minutes at each stop to look around, shop or try rum cake, drink at the rum distillery. If we ever cruise and have to go to Nassau we'll be sure to investigate other options or just stay on the ship like many people did.
Read Eric Seals's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Tyrone
Member Image Jaygeo
May 2017
Not much to see in the city. There was only half hour to get out of the bus and see Atlantis.
Read Jaygeo's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Costco Travel
Member Image Family Dude
Apr 2017
Stumbled upon Tyrone Wilson's V.I.P Taxi & Tour Services at the port. We paid $150 for a 3-hour tour of the city. It was fantastic. We got to learn about the beautiful people and the island and hit some local spots. Thank Tyrone and Kyrone for the great service!
Read Family Dude's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Provider: Tyrone Wilson's V.I.P Taxi & Tour Services
Member Image mateodavid70
Apr 2017
In the Bahamas we took a taxi tour with a woman named Sharon. She did a great job telling us about the island and its people, and was very friendly. We drove around in less-well-to-do areas for part of the tour, so it was interesting seeing how some of the Bahamian people lived..We went to Fort Charlotte, had a drink at a local bar, checked out the John Watling's distillery, went to Fort Fincastle and Queen's staircase, and finally some time at Atlantis. We didn't get a lot of time at any one place, so it was a bit rushed, but we got to see a lot. And we had time afterwards to wander around and check things out at our own pace.
Read mateodavid70's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: Sharon
Member Image eniner
Mar 2017
This was an okay excursion. Really not much to see here but the guide did the best he could.
Read eniner's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Makita5
Mar 2017
We had a speedy tour around the town that included Fort Fincastle and a local distillery. It also included, unfortunately, a close up view of the local poor who live in squalor with roofs falling down and broken down cars in the driveway.
Read Makita5's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image PHXscuba
Mar 2017
Took a city tour that ranked highly on TripAdvisor. It was great.
Read PHXscuba's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Marvelous Tours
Member Image Sun Lover
Feb 2017
We met our tour operator at the designated place in Nassau as stated in their email. It was only about a 10 min. walk from the ship. Kevin was the name of our guide. This was a city tour that took us by van to several different places, including a distillery, rum cake factory, chocolate factory, Atlantis, and the Queen's staircase. It was a nice tour and Kevin was very informative about the history of Nassau along the way. The only thing that could have been better would be to allow more time at Atlantis. We only had 30 mins. there and it's such a big place, that it didn't give us much time. However, we walked along the marina area and saw some amazing yachts docked there and went in a couple shops. For the cost of this tour, I felt it was well worthwhile and a good way to spend the day in Nassau, as our time there was very short.
Read Sun Lover's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Tyrone Wilson through Viator
Member Image lynnc2015
Feb 2017
Although the area around the cruise ship port is kept very nice for tourists, the remainder of Nassau could use cleaning up. Quite a lot of trash by the roads and on lots within the city. I don't know anything about the public services of Nassau but it seems to me that if the city were cleaned up tourist traffic and dollars would only increase.
Read lynnc2015's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Provider: toured on our own by foot
Member Image TexasBlue7
Jan 2017
Too many stops at commercial ventures
Read TexasBlue7's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image ott
Jan 2017
Tyrone Wilson Tours is a local tour company I found on TripAdvisor. It was a two hour tour and was excellent. Our driver, Kevin, was very familiar with all the designated sops we made and gave us more history and antecdotes than we could remember. We stopped at Atlantis, a Rum Cake bakery, a rum distillery, a chocolate factory and the Queen's Steps. All in all, this was a fabulous tour for the money and Kevin made it superior.
Read ott's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Provider: Tyrone Wilson Tours
Member Image kodipepper
Jan 2017
Historical and food tour - a walking tour with 6 different food stops in little local restaurants. Authentic Caribbean food. Tour guide was very informative. We enjoyed the tour.
Read kodipepper's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Provider: viator
Member Image r1drama
Jan 2017
Rum cake and distillery tour. Fun and informative.
Read r1drama's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mrronn1206
Dec 2016
We did this on our own. Walked around the city, found the straw market, Senor Frog and shipped at the local stores.
Read mrronn1206's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cathie111
Dec 2016
The driver was super friendly, though loud (despite having a microphone). Not much to really see in Nassau, I guess. We did learn a bit about the history of the island which was great, though I would've loved to have seen more history and less shopping.
Read Cathie111's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image rwalke8
Nov 2016
Not much to see in a run down area like downtown Nassau. The guide made the best of it.
Read rwalke8's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image DOUGinNJ
Nov 2016
had a nice snorkeling adventure near Paradise Island and went for a horse and buggy city tour
Read DOUGinNJ's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image swatkins56
Nov 2016
Great tour and guide! However, Friday afternoon traffic was a challenge. Felt we didn't get to see everything there was.
Read swatkins56's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image dtaylor144
Oct 2016
Informative. But was more interested in getting you to spend money at straw markets.
Read dtaylor144's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Deckpals
Sep 2016
Nassau was not as glamorous as we expecting. The bus tour gave us a good glimpse of the capital, but Nassau looked quite impoverished & in need of investment.
Read Deckpals's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image csk47
Sep 2016
The two and a half hour city tour provided by Tyrone Wilson was okay but nothing special. We stopped at the rum cake "factory" for ten minutes (five minutes waiting in line) just to get a sliver of rum cake. There was no tour of any "factory". We then went to Atlantis for a twenty minute walk around. We also stopped for a "tour" of a distillery where we were given a 1/2 ounce taste of rum...no tour. We also stopped at a chocolate factory...that mean we each got a tiny sliver of chocolate...that's it. There was also the stop at the Queen's Staircase. We were dropped off where there were probably twenty vendors all selling cheap souvenirs and there was really nothing telling about the history of the Queen's Staircase...disappointing. Our driver (not Mr. Wilson) kept asking us questions about who was the original owner of Atlantis....who cares? We didn't go to any scenic spots just mostly driving the streets of downtown Nassau. At least the price was only $20...some operators charged much more for the same thing. My advice is forget the city tour.
Read csk47's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Tyrone Wilson
Member Image Kiwi Ko.
Aug 2016
It was fine. Nothing compared to Castaway Key.
Read Kiwi Ko.'s full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image gusstr
Aug 2016
Enjoyed learning about the city and visiting several land marks.
Read gusstr's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image MoBlind
Jul 2016
Had a great time with our driver and throughout Nassau
Read MoBlind's full Norwegian Gem cruise review