Naples Pompeii Walking Tour Excursion Reviews

Naples Pompeii Walking Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating 437 Reviews
Tour the winding roads, ruins and architecture of Pompeii, the ancient town within modern day Naples that was lost in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius.
Details & Booking
Member Image Bjclarke
Dec 2018
Amazing place to visit well organised by the ship but get clear direction as to where to meet outside of terminal
Read Bjclarke's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Member Image angiel.brac
Nov 2018
Our Taxi driver-Ciro arranged this for us. This trip was a highlight of our cruise! Went to Naples for authentic (THE BEST) pizza and walked around the Christmas street. Purchased ornaments and nativity scenes. Visited a Limencello store and bought lots! Best Cab driver- Ciro from Taxi Mister Cab Driver (has a facebook page). He made our trip!
Read angiel.brac's full MSC Seaview cruise review
Provider: Taxi mister cab driver- Naples and Amalfi Coast
Member Image blanrc
Oct 2018
So much information was given, it was hard to process everything. You could feel the history in this place and think of the people that lived there. We found the tour a little rushed, though but it was understandable as we had to get back to the ship on time before sailing.
Read blanrc's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Spleake
Oct 2018
Headsets weren’t very good and kept losing connection. Plus we had to be taken to a jewellery shop which no one knew we were going to. Would of been nicer to have had a bit longer then 15 mins to get something to eat
Read Spleake's full MSC Seaview cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image 2pasailors
Oct 2018
This was part of the same tour as Amalfi coast. Pompei is amazing. Tour was thorough, but there was one Italian couple in the group so the guide was translating everything for them.This didn't really slow us down, but it didn't leave the rest of us with any time really to ask questions.
Read 2pasailors's full Koningsdam cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image jgriffin5130
Sep 2018
Totally awesome place to see. It rained while I was there but I didn’t even mind, I was totally lost in the history. There is also a great pizza place across the street from the main entrance.
Read jgriffin5130's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image amandaj89
Sep 2018
We started by visiting a cameo factory. I purchased 3 pendants, one for myself, one for my mother, and one for my mother-in-law. My mom says it is the best gift she has ever received! Pompeii is truly amazing. We could have spent three more days here just to see that we started to understand how special this place is. Our tour guide Antonella and our bus drive Luigi truly made this tour. We weren't too big of a group- around 20. While we saw a lot, there was a lot we couldn't get to due to time. WE enjoyed Naples and hope to return here someday to explore more!
Read amandaj89's full Koningsdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image frontdesklady
Sep 2018
What a day! I. never expected as much. this was outstanding and we will never forget it. In the past we have loved going to the Amalfi Coast and also to Capri. This was a day we will never forget. If we ever go back we will go to Herculaneum. I expect that will be just a fascinating.
Read frontdesklady's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Member Image josborne5247
Sep 2018
This was for us the entire point of the cruise- a life long goal to stand in Pompeii and see it. after the long drive to Amalfi, a short drive to a restaurant for a horrible lunch, we had 50 minutes in Pompeii. Then he pushed us into the shopping area to buy horrible orange juice and the other tourist trap garbage being sold there. The guide was really great, but this was absolutely NOT what we expected from a 9.5 hour tour that promised lots of time to see the ruins. Pompeii is less than 30 minutes from the cruise ship. Get your own transportation and make it a day. We have to go back to italy so I can actually see Pompeii, and it will definitely NOT be with this cruise line or with an excursion that I don't have control over.
Read josborne5247's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mrdudu10
Aug 2018
Excellent! Luca - the tour guide, took great care of us, ensured we were all accounted for, and was very knowledgeable! Thanks!
Read mrdudu10's full Symphony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mrhousedad
Aug 2018
We did the Pompeii with tour guide. They don’t tell you this but once you depart on your journey you will stop by a local jewel place. 35 minutes of time there. You then journey off to the excursion you wanted in the first place. The guides are well informed and detailed. You will NOT see all of Pompeii. Not enough time but worth it.
Read mrhousedad's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image vc98
Aug 2018
I found the tour very interesting and good value for money. We purchased while on offer through the celebrity web site. It was very hot and there was very little shade. Glad i took a hat.
Read vc98's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Member Image lountom
Aug 2018
Unfortunately it rained heavily when we arrived and just before we left and the coach park was a 5 minute walk from the Pompeii site. However it was mostly dry walking around the site. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. It was very busy though, there were 3 cruise ships in Naples and they had all arranged tours.
Read lountom's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Member Image 111ace111
Tour only scratched the surface of Pompeii, very expensive at £118 approx each
Read 111ace111's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image turtledoves1958
Aug 2018
Yet another OMG tour. I found myself saying 'I can't believe we're here'. To be standing in a place that the world sees in history books / on documentaries on TV was definitely a pinch me moment. I am still trying to absorb all we saw and learned that day. Amazing! Bucket list . . . check!
Read turtledoves1958's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image Selest66
Jul 2018
The tour guide was excellent and very informative. She had a radio mic and we all had earpieces so that we could hear her commentary. It was a very interesting visit, although we were expecting a few more artefacts or a museum with displays.
Read Selest66's full Marella Explorer cruise review
Provider: Marella Cruises (formerly Thomson Cruises)
Member Image 16paws
Jul 2018
HOT and lots of walking but you can't go to Napoli without checking out Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii! What a fascinating city and ruins to view and explore. The drive also took us to Sorrento which was beautiful!! Tried the Limoncello and Pistachio Crème liquor, both rather strong but I had to buy some to take home!
Read 16paws's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Osloboy
Jun 2018
Our tour was actually Sorrento and Pompeii, a great tour that showed us both the pretty coast of Sorrento as well as Pompeii. I could have done without the frequent stops where we could buy things... Waste of time as I do not want the tourist prices.
Read Osloboy's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Member Image firstcruiseafterdisney
spend 2 hours but it was enough
Read firstcruiseafterdisney's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Provider: Italy Tours
Member Image auriliop
Jun 2018
Another highlight. Learned so much about Pompeii. I encourage folks to read the descriptions of these excursions carefully. People with us seemed surprised at the amount of walking and how rough the terrain would be. Highly recommend.
Read auriliop's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image vp1
Jun 2018
Guided tour (inside the entrance) is expensive (120 euro for 2 hours), but very much worth the money - everything we saw with the guide we did not see when we had visited previously on our own without a guide.
Read vp1's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image paroe
Jun 2018
Booked tour with Rome in Limo. Rosemary, our Tour guide met us in the afternoon prior to going back to the ship. She was excellent and took us around Pompei and explained quite a bit. Happy we paid for a tour guide to get her knowledge.
Read paroe's full Crown Princess cruise review
Provider: Rome in Limo
Member Image Mitzyeah
Jun 2018
The guide was very good and the experience of walking through the ancient ruins was unforgettable. This is a destination that should be on every travel bucket list. There was an unnecessary detour to a jewellery factory that served no purpose except selling some stuff to a captive tourist audience. Most of us on the coach stayed put, with only a few brave souls stepping out to check out the wares on sale.
Read Mitzyeah's full MSC Seaview cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image lorisnowco
Jun 2018
Car picked us up at the port and drove us to Pompeii. Guide met us at the entrance and gave a full history and perspective of the ruins. Driver took us to Herculaneum where we walked around on our own. Then to Naples for a traditional pizza lunch in a local establishment. It was truly wonderful.
Read lorisnowco's full Norwegian Epic cruise review