Cozumel Scuba - Certified Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Scuba - Certified cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Geared for certified scuba divers, this excursion allows you to view underwater gardens of coral and visit with schools of unique marine life while venturing off in Cozumel's waters.
Member Image paris8747
Jul 2017
small group 6 to a dive master. lots of fish and under water life. nice coral.
Read paris8747's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image standard24
Jul 2017
Friendly dive crew. Good equipment. Reefs dying... Sad!
Read standard24's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image NavyCop
Jun 2017
On June 9, 2017, my husband and I, along with three friends, went on the 2 tank boat dive which we booked through Royal Caribbean’s Excursions Office. We paid for equipment, since we decided not to carry all of our own equipment on the cruise. There were a couple of things that I noticed as we made our way to the first dive site on the boat, Arrecifes, which struck me as odd. First, the divemaster informed us that we would be doing two dives - a wall and a reef – and he asked which one we would like to do first. During my PADI dive certifications for OW and AOW, I was always taught that you do the deeper dive first. We did do this, but it was odd that the choice was given. Second, one of the people who was on the excursion with us was so drunk that he put his BCD on his tank upside down, and was forced to buddy breathe during the first dive because he ran completely out of air! It would seem to me that he should not have been allowed to dive at all. Third, many of the O-rings were leaky and in poor condition. However, I’ve saved the best for last… When it came time for the second dive, we all lined up to leave the boat by taking a giant stride off the swim deck, just as we had already done once! The dive masters were screaming “andele, andele (hurry, hurry)”. As I got onto the swim deck, I put my regulator in my mouth and was getting ready to put my mask on when the deck hand, Miguel, pushed my tank, causing me to leave the boat. I was able to keep my mask on, but the bottom of the tank hit the swim deck and slammed the regulator valve into the back of my head! When I surfaced, one of our friends, a dive instructor, checked me out and made sure I was not bleeding or seeing stars. The divemaster from Sand Dollar, Bernardo, NEVER came to my assistance, nor did he check on me either during or after the dive. I did go on to do the dive, and the dive was fantastic, but I will never, EVER, dive with this company again, and I will make sure that my friends who dive are all aware that this is not a safe company to dive with at all! I spent the next 24 hours watching for signs of a brain bleed. Fortunately, I have a hard head and only ended up with a bump that was pretty sore to the touch but no major symptoms. I love diving, and I know that diving is considered a risky sport. I am not a novice diver. I’ve had good dives and I’ve had some not-so-good dives, but this dive takes the cake as the WORST dive I have ever had! The lack of concern for the safety of their guests is unacceptable when people are paying good money for an enjoyable experience. I will make sure to shout this from the rooftops so that everyone will know what a disgrace this operation is to PADI! Please save yourselves the money and risk and find another dive company.
Read NavyCop's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kkotzin
May 2017
Dive boat operator left the dive site with divers down to change out air tanks for the next day. This is a dangerous procedure.
Read kkotzin's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Becca1979
May 2017
Two dives. Make sure to ask for the bigger tank. The surface interval is done sitting aboard the ship (some other companies do the interval at a beach club where you can meet your non diving family). Liked the timing, because you are done by lunch (8 am to 12). Professional staff and good equipment.
Read Becca1979's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: SCUBA DU
Member Image suzismini
Mar 2017
Phenomenal! Drift diving is so relaxing. Fresh fruit and bottled water for us. Great dive masters. Took care of us, told us about what we would see. Looking back, I would probably dive with a cheaper outfit though. The location is really the star.
Read suzismini's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Member Image B-Diddy
Feb 2017
We booked with the cruise line and the company that they use was wonderful. They were extremely professional and made us feel extremely comfortable in the water. The boats were in good condition. If you dive, Cozumel is a must. Perfect viability and fun drift diving. We saw a 5' shark, sea turtle, eel and a large ray all in one dive. It was amazing.
Read B-Diddy's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Carlymegsmom
Jan 2017
The vendor for this dive trip was Sand Dollar. Good reviews on trip advisor, and they provided 100 cf tanks for my hubby (I contacted them ahead of time). For our cruise, this tour met on the pier at 12:15. Good news is the small dive shop is located on the International Pier, so you simply follow the Sand Dollar rep over to the shop, about a 1-2 minute walk. We obtained our equipment, and they split our group of 25 or so into two groups. Our boat had 13 divers, and two dive masters, 1 captain and a helper. This was the best visibility of our three ports, and the diving was great! Drift diving for both dives. It was like diving in an aquarium on the 1st reef, the 2nd site was a combo of sand/sea grass and reef. Very pleased with this excursion. Offered bottled water and cut up fresh fruit between dives.
Read Carlymegsmom's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cruiser2615
Jan 2017
Two typical Cozumel drift dives. Very good gear, attention to safety and site selection. Would have preferred a head onboard.
Read cruiser2615's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Sorespot
Dec 2016
Friendly staff and amazing reef. Had requested nitrox but their machine was broken and unavailable for this dive trip. Reef here reminded me of Hawai. It's a poor island so everything may not be up to your standards, but the sights were amazing
Read Sorespot's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image singlefemalecruiser
Dec 2016
Love this dive trip saw a lot and the outfit that ran the dive trip was great.
Read singlefemalecruiser's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mcriss50
Nov 2016
Having been to Cozumel many times on dive vacation, this was my favorite place to do. The Princess tour was not as good as the ones I usually do privately when there but it was very enjoyable. They did take us to one of the locations I especially like so I was happy.
Read mcriss50's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image cruise and have fun
Oct 2016
good perfect dive master Alfonso, no stress, have seen sharks, turtles, lobster, Octopus best dive in Caribbean
Read cruise and have fun's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image judagar
Oct 2016
One of the best dives I've ever done. (i have over 500+) Sand Dollar dive operation was fantastic
Read judagar's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image mlanders
Jul 2016
Dives were great, Papa Hogs always is top notch.
Read mlanders's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Papa hogs scuba
Member Image larel
Jul 2016
Scuba was booked privately with Scuba with Alison which was 5 stars fantastic, highly recommend!!
Read larel's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Scuba with Alison
Member Image Maartje
Jul 2016
We booked a two tank dive with H2o, as MSC does not offer scuba diving excursions. Had the best day with two great dives with sharks,turtles, murenes and lovely corals.
Read Maartje's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: HTWOO scuba diving
Member Image montylee
Jun 2016
Cruise ship excursion company was a joke. Went with an independent and got a great scuba dive.
Read montylee's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Bettypie
Awesome..
Read Bettypie's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image Carinel0606
Jun 2016
Beautiful dive. See review.
Read Carinel0606's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image kymann1
May 2016
We were picked up at the end of the pier. Nice current dive...saw a shark!
Read kymann1's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image jalapeno32
May 2016
I couldn't find my scuba PADI card, so I almost didn't get to dive. I explained I did scuba two days prior, and they reluctantly let me do it. I tipped good. my card was in my room safe and flush against an inside wall out of view/sight haha !
Read jalapeno32's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Sand Dollar
Member Image ScubaPat
May 2016
Our favorite overall cruise port is Cozumel. Love the beaches and the diving. I did a dive excursion and as before, excellent!! My wife went to the beach.
Read ScubaPat's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image nexttimeclub
Apr 2016
with SandDollar sports 2 tank dive Yucab & Paradise reefs
Read nexttimeclub's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image zaherej
Apr 2016
Could not have been a better experience. The three of us had the boat to ourselves. The guys were very knowledgeable and took very good care of my kids who only have 1/2 dozen open water dives under their belts.
Read zaherej's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review