Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Cozumel's dolphin programs bring cruisers up close and personal with the affectionate creatures. Enjoy interacting with the dolphins as you become one with their habitat.
Member Image Wattfamily5
Jul 2017
Wonderful time with dolphins, good food relaxed atmosphere, went kayaking as well. Photos expensive, so budget ahead of time.
Read Wattfamily5's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image whatsnottolike
Jul 2017
Interesting information about dolphins but not much "swimming" with them. Lunch was mediocre unless you wanted Mexican food. We purchased one printed picture and a DVD with about 12 or 15 pictures. Price was much too high ($87). Would not do this again.
Read whatsnottolike's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ginapetrag
Jul 2017
Easy transfers from boat to the site. Good food and drink with lunch included in the VIP package. Fun experience with the dolphins. The areas for the dolphins however, were just small cement enclosures and did not look very much like a real habitat. Much better dolphin environment/habitat in the Bahamas.
Read ginapetrag's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image jclark6528
Jul 2017
We did the Royal Dolphin Swim and did really enjoy it. It's neat to get picked up out of the water and "surf" on the dolphins. That's the main difference between the Royal Swim and the Push & Pull (which I would do next time). I don't think the extra $$ for the Royal Swim was worth it. The push/pull actually had something not available for the Royal Swim (boogie board push). I will say that I echo the other reviews - the picture situation is ridiculous. We were offered a group package (before the experience) of $325 and were told it would be $600 after the experience. After the experience, they got down to $240 for our pictures, but we declined. A single photo would have been $35. If you do want a picture package, don't fall for the "buy it before the experience" option. Just wait until after and keep saying "no" until they stop dropping the quote. While we did have fun, this was the only big negative and much of the dolphin experience is about getting you to take photos with the dolphins that they can gouge you for. The food you get on this excursion at the buffets is average (not bad), but kind of what I expected so no complaints. The "beach" area is really only a staging area for the other things you can buy there (snorkeling, etc...). There is no real beach area and the only water really available to lounge in is a pool and the lagoon area. Again, we were there for the dolphin experience, but do not expect a great beach like other excursions.
Read jclark6528's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Nusi
Jul 2017
What a unique experience! Actually held on to the fins while dolphin pulled me through the water and then he pushed on my foot while I held onto swim board to propel me across the pool. The pools are just fenced off areas of the actual Caribbean -- so a very pretty and natural setting. Photos are RIDICULOUSLY expensive, but we bought them anyway. $35 for one print of ONE person. The pictures were excellent and there were 87 of them of just the two of us. We just bought the CD of all of them for $140. I resented not being able to take our own pictures. And we also were able to pet and feed the manatees. Then we wandered around Chankanaab Park -- very worth doing. A lovely beach and nice jungle/garden to walk through.
Read Nusi's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image aggiefox95
Jul 2017
Experience was great, the park is awesome and we have been there before. Food was above average, drinks were good. Watch out when they try to sell you photos...these get very expensive.
Read aggiefox95's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image KatyDawn
Jul 2017
I was apprehensive because I don't know how to swim, but we were all safely secured in life jackets. There were four families of four members each in our group. We got to have multiple experiences with the dolphin. She kissed us, shook our hands, we swam holding on to her fins, and we rode on her with a boogie board.
Read KatyDawn's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Beckalynn01
Jun 2017
This was one of the highlights of my life! We got to SWIM with they dolphins. THey pused us, pulled us and we even got the kiss the dolphins. They also fed us lunch with an open bar. If going going to Cozumel book this excursion. It was honeslty both my husbad and mines highlight of the trip!!
Read Beckalynn01's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rknabel
Jun 2017
This was AMAZING! I would go back and do this excursion again!!!!
Read rknabel's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mamabearjp
Jun 2017
This was awesome and a must do! We did the Push, Pull and Lunch Buffet. It's something that's been on my bucket list. I was a little worried when we had a group of about 50 people, but we got there and they broke us into groups of 8 per dolphin. Definitely do the first one in the morning you can so you have plenty of time for the Chankanaab park. We had plenty of time with the dolphin. He took her back and forth in front of us while we were waiting for two people to swim out to be pushed or pulled by her. Pretty self explanatory, but know how to swim lol. Two people in our group didn't know how to swim. We had life vests on, but they were still scared. They have plans in place for this. They got a life guard to help her swim out and do the push on the boogie board. Instead of swimming out for the pull she rode the dolphin in a circle right there. The park was clean and nice. The buffet was pretty good. You're usual buffet, not spectacular, but I wasn't there for the food. And it was nice to have the option to eat while you were doing so many activities all day. They asked us when we had to be back on board and told us when the last bus would leave. We got to see the Sea Lion show and we brought our own gear to snorkel. We had plenty of time for everything. Snorkeling was beautiful. Lots of colorful fish. It was our first time and we figured out everything on our own. I was glad we had plenty of time to experiment and do this on our own before we did our guided tour at another port later. Again, I will say make sure you do the first excursion available and you should have plenty of time and not be rushed. Would definitely recommend this excursion.
Read mamabearjp's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image pgwode
Jun 2017
Excursion: We did the $139 Dolphin Push Pull excursion at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. While the excursion itself was great, the buffet at 'Boardwalk Cafe' was UNHYGIENIC. I am not kidding but they would pick up disposable plastic cups from tables (there were no trash cans), rinse them out perfunctorily, and pour drinks into these reused cups for guests standing in line. When I objected, the server grudgingly took out a fresh disposable plastic cup and told me to hang on to it. I asked for Coke but got some lemonady stuff because they ran out of cola. I informed Royal Carribean excursions upon getting back on ship and they credited back 20% = $27.80. ***Please avoid this cafe***
Read pgwode's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ledman
Jun 2017
The Dolphin Push and Pull was just what you would expect. Tons of people but pretty organized, From the ship they herded us into taxis. Once we were at the park, they organized us into groups for our dolphin adventure. We were in the water about 40 minutes and they went through the same routine with each person. Swim out...dolphin pushes you in by pushing your feet. Next, swim out...you lay on dolphins belly and he swims you in. Dolphin kisses your check, you kiss dolphin, hold dolphins fins, hold dolphin. And you're done! I thought it alright but my teenage daughters LOVED it so to me, it was well worth the $169. Next time, I think I would just pay the observer rate and let them have the fun. The pictures were outrageously expensive. They originally quoted me $260 for the CD. I took all the pictures of me out off the screen and talked them down to $100 which was still a lot considering there were only about 8 pictures that we really wanted. Oh well...better than the original price. I was also disappointed that we didn't have enough time to snorkel for more than 45 minutes. I had asked the tour guide if we could take a taxi back and he said no, that it would be hard to get one and the park was going to be closing. That wasn't true. We ended up leaving with the tour when we could have stayed for another 2 1/2 hours before the park closed. My personal feeling is that they have an agreement/agenda to get tourists back to shop. They dropped us off in a shopping district across the street from the cruise ship and we had 3 hours to shop when we could have stayed and snorkeled.
Read ledman's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lildee99
Jun 2017
A must-do at some point in your life! Especially if you are an animal lover at all! Beautiful, happy dolphins in a welcoming setting, with food and beverages included! I would definitely do this again!
Read lildee99's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Cdouglasnc
Jun 2017
expensive and then you get hooked for more with the crazy photo and dvd prices but to do it once was a lot of fun! Definitely worth it. once.
Read Cdouglasnc's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image blazeplacid
Jun 2017
The best part of the cruise! The staff is above the rest.
Read blazeplacid's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Tbird58
May 2017
It was great! We had amazing time with the dolphins, manatees and the sea lion show. We took a taxi to Chankanaab lagoon and spent the day. Since we booked on our own, we had more flexibility and less crowds. A definite fun adventure to do.
Read Tbird58's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Dolphin Discovery
Member Image maggiegittings
May 2017
to much time spent on waiting not able to do other things that were included. very disappointing.
Read maggiegittings's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bmr17
May 2017
It seemed that for several weeks the excursion did not have access to the beach or the beach activities we were told were available such as stand up paddle boarding, and kayaking. The Dolphin swim ( about 40 minutes) was wonderful. The people there were rude and condescending. We addressed this with the cruise line excursion desk but no one got back to us. I following up with a phone call, an email and a written letter upon our return.
Read bmr17's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image MrsKC08
May 2017
Best day of the entire week!
Read MrsKC08's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image CRUISING574
May 2017
The dolphin and the trainer were excellent. The food and picture purchase were very poorly done. The food was inedible and i did not purchase the pictures due to the poor treatment by the employees at Dolphinaris. Something really needs to be done about how they treat guests. I was referred to as stupid and was I even able to pay attention to it can be done correctly, when in fact we were misguided by a different Dolphinaris employee. Not only did we not purchase the pictures, I missed on having that photo op of my son with the dolphin.
Read CRUISING574's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image dmhibbert
May 2017
Cozumel was a favorite stop. Swimming with the dolphins was the best excursion I've ever been on!!
Read dmhibbert's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image harrywalshx
May 2017
Great experience, the trainers were very knowledgeable and taught us a lot about the dolphins, food and drink was included and we purchased the photo and DVD package which was a bit expensive at $140
Read harrywalshx's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Jeannette70
Apr 2017
Fun and different. Hands on fun with dolphins, with separate experience snorkeling to see rays and other tropical fish. Had a delicious meal after which made the whole excursion very memorable.
Read Jeannette70's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image blonde33c
Apr 2017
This excursion was amazing. Dolphins seem very happy and enjoy working with their trainers and people.
Read blonde33c's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Marie S
Apr 2017
Very disorganized. The excursion also listed a beach break, and we were never taken to the beach.
Read Marie S's full Allure of the Seas cruise review