Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter cruise excursion
Overall Rating 440 Reviews
Cozumel's dolphin programs bring cruisers up close and personal with the affectionate creatures. Enjoy interacting with the dolphins as you become one with their habitat.
Details & Booking
Member Image dsa181920
Nov 2018
My sister and brother-in-law took our two teenage children on the dolphin push pull excursion. Our children loved this adventure.
Read dsa181920's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image MissLori01583
Nov 2018
Fun, would recommend. Did not get to kayak due to rough seas, but everything else really nice. Be warned that pictures are expensive.
Read MissLori01583's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image dist3
Nov 2018
Fun time and interesting. Enjoyed the experience. Seas were rough so beach part of excursion was cnacelled
Read dist3's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Lexilulu722
Oct 2018
My family and I loved this adventure, unlimited dining and drinks. The food is okay, but the drinks were AMAZING!
Read Lexilulu722's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image flourecentclear
Sep 2018
Was so much fun but they don't allow you to take your own pics and try to sell you pics that are outrageous in cost. The best offer they offered me after I walked away was $130 for 6 pics. No thank you.
Read flourecentclear's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image likebunch
Aug 2018
An Amazing Experience for my Grandmother!
Read likebunch's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jsteimke
Jul 2018
Despite the huge crowds and disorganization the actual dolphin encounter was fabulous
Read jsteimke's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Laura in Houston
Jul 2018
Dolphin Swim and Lunch Included was a fun experience. Food was o.k. Hot Dogs and Hamburgers were a bit odd tasting, but, fajita meat, chips, and sides were great!
Read Laura in Houston's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Jrussell19
Jul 2018
Poor dolphins in such small pools. Not a lot of history or facts shared about them during the encounter. You weren’t allowed to use your phones, and pictures were $40 each!!!! Robbery!
Read Jrussell19's full MSC Seaside cruise review
Member Image vkruse1
Jul 2018
We thought this excursion was excellent! We had about 45 minutes in the water with the dolphins where we were able to hug kiss and swim with them. Our guide was knowledgeable and helpful. A buffet lunch was included in our tour giving us two options of Mexican food and American food. All drinks are included in the six grade and as well alcoholic and nonalcoholic. Whether extra time we had access to snorkel with stingrays, use paddleboards, and kayaks. We felt like we got a lot for the money that we paid and we had a great time.
Read vkruse1's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Flanagam
Jul 2018
Wife and other daughter loved it, had a great expirence!
Read Flanagam's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image culvercitycruiser
Jul 2018
The ships dock here. There were two other ships in port with us, both Carnival. I had booked the Dolphin Royal Swim. I walked around the port for about two hours since the early Dolphin tour was at 11:15am. I did not purchase anything until after my tour, I did not want to carry anything around with me since it was so hot and humid. The dolphin tour sorted us into groups of 8 and we took taxis to the park about 10 minutes down the road. My tour included the fancy better food at the restaurant and included drinks and adult beverages. I also purchased the photo package for $100 purchased from the park (not included). You put your stuff in the lockers which has everyone both male and female and has dressing rooms in the back with open air showers. The toilets are separate. The dolphins were great. We each got to do two rides. First, where you grab onto two dolphins dorsal or top fin and hold on for your life. They are very powerful, fast and were such fun. The second is where the dolphins push your feet until you are out of the water. You are in the water with them for about 30-45 minutes. The pens are in the ocean not a tank. The waves from the ocean are there and can sometimes move you about a bit. Once you are done, they have taxis sorted for your return at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm. Once I returned to the port, I purchased my treasures and returned to the ship. The Carnival ship next to us was leaving before us. Their captain honked the ship’s horn trying to get his passengers back on board. It was so funny to watch the late ones run for the ship. The captain even honked the horn for us as our passengers we remaking the horn signal with their arms. It was lots of entertainment for us on our balconies.
Read culvercitycruiser's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image ChocolateShipCookie
Jul 2018
I have to admit: i thought the whole “swimming with the dolphins” experience would be overrated. I was wrong. It was totally magical, and i fell in love with the entire experience. We got to belly rub, kiss, hug, and ride on the dolphin, which sounds weird but was actually pretty cool. Highly recommend it for anyone, and we saved tons of money by booking it through the dolphinaris website rather than through Carnival. Lunch and unlimited drinks were provided. Photos are more expensive than the actual excursion, so we didn’t actually buy any...at least we have our memories!
Read ChocolateShipCookie's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Dolphinaris website
Member Image JACain
Jul 2018
This was a wonderful experience. I have swam with dolphins before. This was not rushed at all. They kept our group of 6 together. The manatee experience was new and very cool. We each got to pet and feed the manatee!
Read JACain's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image BambooChicken
Jul 2018
This was by far the best part of our vacation. Everyone loved it. Very cool to get in the water with the Dolphin.
Read BambooChicken's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image manta22
Jul 2018
Was great fun. Boring lunch, free beer. The teenagers loved the dolphins, we sat on the deck watching them. Of course, you are not allowed to take pictures, but it is possible to make a deal if you really want some. It is Mexico after all, the stated price is only a starting point.
Read manta22's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Chillylidy
Jun 2018
It was great. Than we saw members of our group show up independently for $25 cheaper per person. I went with a group of 10, so collectively we donated $250 to RCI.
Read Chillylidy's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Joyce0619
Jun 2018
Our granddaughter swam with the dolphins and had the time of her life. A buffet meal was served and the food was very good.
Read Joyce0619's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rnm1007
May 2018
Cozumel is beautiful! Swim with the dolphins, its a once in a life time experience.
Read rnm1007's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image datroof
May 2018
The whole family's favorite excursion. Loved seeing these fish up close and personal and being with them in their surroundings.
Read datroof's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image beachseeker72
May 2018
The trainer was awesome and Chakanaab is beautiful! The food was ok, the drinks were good.
Read beachseeker72's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image MCastorena68
May 2018
Bucket list item, did not disappoint!
Read MCastorena68's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Chankanaab
Member Image lauquittat
May 2018
Our shore experience was Amazing!! We got to swim with a dolphin. There was a lot of interaction with this activity. The guide was very knowledgeable and made sure everyone got to interact with the dolphin for every activity.
Read lauquittat's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image cfagan18
May 2018
I would highly recommend the dolphin swim, the resort is excellent, all inclusive food and drinks, the staff were well trained, very friendly and ensured everyone had a great experience with the dolphins, definitely a tour to try.
Read cfagan18's full MSC Seaside cruise review