Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Cozumel's dolphin programs bring cruisers up close and personal with the affectionate creatures. Enjoy interacting with the dolphins as you become one with their habitat.
Member Image Cruising_Crazies
Dec 2017
We did the trainer for the day, and it was amazing!
Read Cruising_Crazies's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: We took a taxi over to Dolphinaris.
Member Image sparks1093
Nov 2017
Spent about 40 minutes in the water with Aphrodite and had a great time. Buffet lunch was tasty and filling and while the drinks were on the weak side they were free (and you can order beer to avoid the weak mixed drinks).
Read sparks1093's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Tapi
Nov 2017
Great bucket list experience but I wont do it again. Dolphin Discovery was very gracious to transfer our excursion from Tortola to Cozumel when our itinerary was changed due to the hurricanes
Read Tapi's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Dolphin Discovery
Member Image Maspice
Nov 2017
NIce Place. Really fun to meet Dolphins!!
Read Maspice's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rag421
Oct 2017
This was a good excursion for the money. Got to interact with Dolphins in the water, then enjoy a buffet, open bar, kayak, paddle boarding and snorkeling all for the one price... around $79 each
Read rag421's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Dawid M.
Oct 2017
It was an amazing day with those smart and beautiful animals!
Read Dawid M.'s full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: No idea :(
Member Image BrianH.
Oct 2017
Highly recommend!!!! Was a very cool facility with very friendly and knowledgable staff. The dolphins were also pretty awesome.
Read BrianH.'s full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image looster
Oct 2017
Dolphinaris was great! got to swim with dolphins! Much cheaper to book by yourself than through the cruise line. The shore though hurts your feet! :( very rocky and you have to watch your step
Read looster's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Dolphinaris
Member Image ChineseWhiteCaballero
Oct 2017
Went with Dolphinaris - great experience, well-run, and probably the least expensive dolphin swim available at the excursion desk.
Read ChineseWhiteCaballero's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image TNeff
Sep 2017
Our trainer and dolphin were wonderful! We had lots of time in the water and the trainer was very patient with our 1 and 3 year olds as he worked with them to connect with the dolphin. Towels were not provided free of charge so be sure to bring your towel from the ship. Food was just ok but the drinks were great!
Read TNeff's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image puglove86
Sep 2017
We really enjoyed the dolphin swim with the free lunch buffet and open bar.
Read puglove86's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image jonandgloriab
Sep 2017
We were in the water for 40 minutes with the dolphins. It was SO MUCH FUN!
Read jonandgloriab's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jssmith129
Aug 2017
I would do this over and over again. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time we were with the dolphins. We also got to do the manatee encounter, even though it started to rain. The buffet was lackluster, but it was paid for nonetheless.
Read jssmith129's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Freespirit03
Aug 2017
The actual dolphin encounter was amazing, the food was HORRIBLE and the nerve of this place to charge an outrageous amount for family photos is just sick! I will be complaining to Carnival!
Read Freespirit03's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Wattfamily5
Jul 2017
Wonderful time with dolphins, good food relaxed atmosphere, went kayaking as well. Photos expensive, so budget ahead of time.
Read Wattfamily5's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image whatsnottolike
Jul 2017
Interesting information about dolphins but not much "swimming" with them. Lunch was mediocre unless you wanted Mexican food. We purchased one printed picture and a DVD with about 12 or 15 pictures. Price was much too high ($87). Would not do this again.
Read whatsnottolike's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ginapetrag
Jul 2017
Easy transfers from boat to the site. Good food and drink with lunch included in the VIP package. Fun experience with the dolphins. The areas for the dolphins however, were just small cement enclosures and did not look very much like a real habitat. Much better dolphin environment/habitat in the Bahamas.
Read ginapetrag's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image jclark6528
Jul 2017
We did the Royal Dolphin Swim and did really enjoy it. It's neat to get picked up out of the water and "surf" on the dolphins. That's the main difference between the Royal Swim and the Push & Pull (which I would do next time). I don't think the extra $$ for the Royal Swim was worth it. The push/pull actually had something not available for the Royal Swim (boogie board push). I will say that I echo the other reviews - the picture situation is ridiculous. We were offered a group package (before the experience) of $325 and were told it would be $600 after the experience. After the experience, they got down to $240 for our pictures, but we declined. A single photo would have been $35. If you do want a picture package, don't fall for the "buy it before the experience" option. Just wait until after and keep saying "no" until they stop dropping the quote. While we did have fun, this was the only big negative and much of the dolphin experience is about getting you to take photos with the dolphins that they can gouge you for. The food you get on this excursion at the buffets is average (not bad), but kind of what I expected so no complaints. The "beach" area is really only a staging area for the other things you can buy there (snorkeling, etc...). There is no real beach area and the only water really available to lounge in is a pool and the lagoon area. Again, we were there for the dolphin experience, but do not expect a great beach like other excursions.
Read jclark6528's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Nusi
Jul 2017
What a unique experience! Actually held on to the fins while dolphin pulled me through the water and then he pushed on my foot while I held onto swim board to propel me across the pool. The pools are just fenced off areas of the actual Caribbean -- so a very pretty and natural setting. Photos are RIDICULOUSLY expensive, but we bought them anyway. $35 for one print of ONE person. The pictures were excellent and there were 87 of them of just the two of us. We just bought the CD of all of them for $140. I resented not being able to take our own pictures. And we also were able to pet and feed the manatees. Then we wandered around Chankanaab Park -- very worth doing. A lovely beach and nice jungle/garden to walk through.
Read Nusi's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image aggiefox95
Jul 2017
Experience was great, the park is awesome and we have been there before. Food was above average, drinks were good. Watch out when they try to sell you photos...these get very expensive.
Read aggiefox95's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image KatyDawn
Jul 2017
I was apprehensive because I don't know how to swim, but we were all safely secured in life jackets. There were four families of four members each in our group. We got to have multiple experiences with the dolphin. She kissed us, shook our hands, we swam holding on to her fins, and we rode on her with a boogie board.
Read KatyDawn's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Beckalynn01
Jun 2017
This was one of the highlights of my life! We got to SWIM with they dolphins. THey pused us, pulled us and we even got the kiss the dolphins. They also fed us lunch with an open bar. If going going to Cozumel book this excursion. It was honeslty both my husbad and mines highlight of the trip!!
Read Beckalynn01's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rknabel
Jun 2017
This was AMAZING! I would go back and do this excursion again!!!!
Read rknabel's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mamabearjp
Jun 2017
This was awesome and a must do! We did the Push, Pull and Lunch Buffet. It's something that's been on my bucket list. I was a little worried when we had a group of about 50 people, but we got there and they broke us into groups of 8 per dolphin. Definitely do the first one in the morning you can so you have plenty of time for the Chankanaab park. We had plenty of time with the dolphin. He took her back and forth in front of us while we were waiting for two people to swim out to be pushed or pulled by her. Pretty self explanatory, but know how to swim lol. Two people in our group didn't know how to swim. We had life vests on, but they were still scared. They have plans in place for this. They got a life guard to help her swim out and do the push on the boogie board. Instead of swimming out for the pull she rode the dolphin in a circle right there. The park was clean and nice. The buffet was pretty good. You're usual buffet, not spectacular, but I wasn't there for the food. And it was nice to have the option to eat while you were doing so many activities all day. They asked us when we had to be back on board and told us when the last bus would leave. We got to see the Sea Lion show and we brought our own gear to snorkel. We had plenty of time for everything. Snorkeling was beautiful. Lots of colorful fish. It was our first time and we figured out everything on our own. I was glad we had plenty of time to experiment and do this on our own before we did our guided tour at another port later. Again, I will say make sure you do the first excursion available and you should have plenty of time and not be rushed. Would definitely recommend this excursion.
Read mamabearjp's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image pgwode
Jun 2017
Excursion: We did the $139 Dolphin Push Pull excursion at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. While the excursion itself was great, the buffet at 'Boardwalk Cafe' was UNHYGIENIC. I am not kidding but they would pick up disposable plastic cups from tables (there were no trash cans), rinse them out perfunctorily, and pour drinks into these reused cups for guests standing in line. When I objected, the server grudgingly took out a fresh disposable plastic cup and told me to hang on to it. I asked for Coke but got some lemonady stuff because they ran out of cola. I informed Royal Carribean excursions upon getting back on ship and they credited back 20% = $27.80. ***Please avoid this cafe***
Read pgwode's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review