Sail Date: April 2016
First of all let me say that I sailed with 15 friends so we had fun...this was my 7th cruise with Carnival and if you never cruised before you would love it BUT it's a bunch of little things that they use to do that is missing. The passed guest banquet now you have to be Platinum or Diamond to be invited we are Gold.. they also use to do a Free Cruise Bingo on the last day that they did not do on this cruise. The service it a little lacking around the pool area I don't remember a 15% gratuity on every drink you drink. They use to have more shows also the only has a couple full production shows...the room was always clean and neat with the towel animals ,but no chocolate on pillows like I said little things. Now Park West auction the first auction was fine done like always the second on I attended was supposed to be no art work over $500 WELL the first piece was a Peter Maxx $30,000 I can under stand the first piece But the second was over 10,000 the third was over 9000,and so on I pre-bid on 2 pieces and we had a Shore Excursion in the grand Turks, So I was a little unhappy and walked out I HATE A BATE and Switch...That's all The Crew were friendly and always working and smiling.... The piano bay was a lot of fun was there almost evert night. the casino was smoky but band there was great. and it you get a chance to do a helmet dive walking on the ocean floor was an experience. Read Less
Sail Date: June 2014

This was my third time on the Pride. The first two times were in the spring. This time we took three of our children and two of their friends. My husband have always had a good time on the Pride. It is a 6 hour drive from our home in ... Read More

This was my third time on the Pride. The first two times were in the spring. This time we took three of our children and two of their friends. My husband have always had a good time on the Pride. It is a 6 hour drive from our home in Ohio.

The port staff was not very helpful this time. I had a bag that had the silver lining and plastic in it. I used it to bring my water. I wanted to use it on the beach to put wet towels in it, since it would be easy to clean out. It was 16x16x8, and they would not let me bring it through security. I even offered to fold it up.They said it was a cooler. I had used it the 2 previous times. Had to walk it back to the car. The other 6 went through the line. Even though I did online check-in someone told them to go to a table and fill out these forms. I walk in and told my family all that was on our boarding passes. I then went and asked another lady, and she said yes we had to fill out the forms. Still not believing her, I went to the person who does priority check and asked. He told me as long as we have our boarding passes we could get in line. Thirty minutes and more than 200 people were now ahead of us.

Our room steward Ren was fantastic. She was extremely attentive to our needs. Also, our dining staff Rajesh and Rajesh were beyond great. Any special needs with preparation of our food was done. By the 2nd night our head waiter would address us by our names. If our head waiter saw us in the buffet area, he always made sure to come say hello to us. The food was fine. If you didn't like something, you could always find something else to eat.I truly will miss these 3 people.

The entertainment was not as good as it has been it the past. We would always have to been at the shows 20 mins. early to get good seats, but not this time. Josh, Calvyn, and Trent who introduced shows were all very friendly and funny.

A major complaint was that on 3 separate occasions our water in our bathroom was very yellow. The first time the excuse was that they possible were changing water tanks. We did not make a big deal of it the first time even though the other 2 rooms had no problems. The next 2 times it happened only to our room guest services just blew us off. The least they could have done was to send a person to check on it directly from our room. But this never happened. I wrote an email to Carnival today.

Sail Date: May 2014

This is my first cruise with Princess, I have been on a cruise with Royal Caribbean in the past so much of what my experience is based on my expectations from having cruised with RCCL.

Embarkation/disembarkation - Fort ... Read More

Embarkation/disembarkation - Fort Lauderdale

Lengthly and somewhat disorganized. Facility lacks air conditioning, appeared to be under renovations so perhaps that will be addressed pending the renos. From that what I remember RCCL process is very quick and efficient. Boo for Princess on this point.

Room-

balcony room on caribe deck, big balcony that was somewhat private. Room was larger and much better layout than RCCL. Shower was bigger and more closet space. There were signs of wear in the carpet and the shower, but nothing that was a major issue. Room was serviced multple times a day and always cleaned when we returned to our room. Largely preferred Princess stateroom over RCCL.

Dining-

Crown Grill - fantastic. wish we would have dined here every night. service was amazing and truly felt like a special dining experience. Waiter went above and beyond for us. I have a favourite bottle of wine and brought this to the Crown Grill, waiter did not charge corkage and ensured our glasses were always full . Black and blue onion soup was delicious as were ribeye and lobster tails. In fact too many lobster tails that I could not eat them all. Waiter even de-shelled this for me. Husband had lamb chops as appetizer and didn't care for the sauce but the meat itself was grilled perfectly. His steak was cooked perfectly and we enjoyed a chef;s sampling of the desserts. Husband and I wondered how the ship could offer such high quality food and service with only a $25 per person cover.

Anytime dining rooms - horrible food and service. My husband compared this to hospital food: delivered cold and tasteless on a plate with a plastic food cover in addition to attitude by the server. Server was not rude, just lacked any service skills. She basically threw the plate on the table and walked away, in all fairness she is probably over worked and exhausted. Either way this ruined the dining experience. The Maitre d' was terrible - he would tell us and other guests in line at the front waiting to be seated that it would be a 45min wait and that we should go somewhere else. When we heard this being told to guests in front of us, we figured we would wait it out as it was our first night dining there. After 15 mins we were seated. The second evening we were told the same thing, as were others - then we were seated at an 8 person round table when we were only 2. This was not the romantic dining experience we were looking for so decided to wait for a 2 person table. We were directed to a table for 2 immediately. Unforuntely it was with the same server, she demonstrated the same careless attitude throughout dinner - and even forgot some items. RCCL was far superior in terms of server and dining room food. Servers on this ship appeared miserable and treated us like a heard of cattle. I would avoid dining here altogether if I sailed with this ship again.

Buffet- excellent variety and always hot. Food was well seasoned compared to the dining rooms. Servers taking drink orders were very friendly and always accomodating the moment you sat down. Its all about expectations - husband commented that the buffet on the ship was similar to the buffet at the ceasars casino at home. I am not a fan of buffets since I don't find anything to be outstanding, its more about quantity than quality here but if you have that expectation you will be pleasantly surprised.

Pizza and Grill - Pizza was delicious as were the grilled burgers and hotdogs available by the pool. We were surprised with the quality of pizza being made on the ship. Husband tried to have a slice once a day. I don't recall RCCL offering this poolside but it could also be that that did but it was not memorable.

Vines of Wine - cute tapas and wine. great pre dinner drink area. very clever, RCCL did not offer something like this that offered tapas to accompany wine.

International Cafe - offered decent slection of paninis and salads that changes every day in addition to about 8 desserts. Husband loved the fruit tarts, said they were some of the best hes every had.. hes a bit of a fruit tart connoisseur ;-) Desserts overall were very good in all of the dining rooms.

Room Service - took awhile to place an order but once did so, food was delivered within 20 minutes. Clubhouse sandwich was good as well as the fresh warm cookies. I attempted room service once on RCCL and they stated it was not available during the time I called ( I think it was very late at night/early morning) so I don't have anything to compare other than the fact Princess always took a room service order. I even pre ordered room service for breakfast the evening before and it was promptly served at the time I requested.

Entertainment - Comedy shows were hilarious, both of which were completely packed. We only watched 5 minutes of the broadway type shows since our schedule did not permit much more. The theatre was full for this as well. I recall RCCL shows being very amateur in quality and the lack of attendance showed it. The cruise director and staff provided events that we took part in like trivia games, passenger feud, etc.and they were enjoyable - we stumbled into one early on the cruise and after that we had made a point to attend all the trivia and game events. This is probably personal preference.

Ship layout - I did not like the ship's layout, found it challenging to navigate because we were often having to go through stateroom corridors to get to public areas. Lido deck was sectioned in parts which made certain parts feel overcrowded and uncomfortable. RCCL in my opinion has much better layout on their ships. The pool decks are big and spacious, this is not the case with Caribbean Princess.

Overall, we did enjoy our cruise with princess but the dining room experience really put a sour taste for us. We enjoy dining out and expect high quality service. When its formal night, we expect majority of guests to be in formal wear. 90% of RCCL guests adhered to this dress code on formal nights... probably 20% if Princess guests actually dressed in formal wear. It cheapened the experience to have dressed up only to look over at another guest in jeans and flip flops, literally. There were also a variety of ages on the ship, where I found RCCL to be a lot of seniors. Doesn't make a difference to me but that could account for why the dress code was loosely followed on Princess. Husband and I decided that we will try another cruiseline to see if it fits with our "cruising personality" but would not rule our princess in the future but would dine only in the specialty restaurants and avoid the dining room entirely.

Sail Date: March 2014

My boyfriend and I choose to take our first cruise this March, after researching all the possible cruise lines we choose Princess. Nothing but good things too say about this trip. The food was excellent, between the constant buffet, the main dining room and the little grills poolside. Our room which was upgraded from a balcony room to a mini suite a week before we embarked and I have to say we we're very pleased! Our "bellboys" name was Micheal, he served us hand and foot, anything and everything we needed at all hours of the day/night, we was great! Evenings when we dined in the Da Vinci dining room we had a waiter name Mersal and his assistant Victoria, always conversed and made dinner for us a great time every night.

The casino was a great time and a great place to meet new people, which we did and again I have to say the bartenders Roy and Merlin were always happy to serve my boyfriend and I. Grand Turk was BEAUTIFUL and a great place to shop. We did the Snorkeling and Sting Ray Excursion while we were there, it was wonderful the tour guides made you feel safe in the ocean and brought lots of smiles and laughs to our faces while on this excursion. The shopping at Grand turk was good, a little expensive but HEY your a tourist that's what happens right? We also visited Princess Cays on this trip, now any future cruisers on this agenda, do all your shopping at Grand Turk because Princess Cays is a day designed for you to just relax on the beach, which is exactly what we did. Overall an excellent vacation, excellent cruiseline, we will be back for another getaway soon!

Sail Date: December 2013

this cruise is strictly for older people who love jewelry and art!! Very down beat! The servers ignore you, Food was bland, music and movies were old !! I took my daughter on this cruise for Christmas, WHAT A WAIST OF MONEY. the casino sucked, it was a big disappointment , we will not be sailing with Princess again!! The comedian and magic show was great we went to both showings just to have something to do,

Usually on a cruise you cant do everything...this cruise we were steady trying to look for entertainment cause there was nothing to do but art and jewelry auctions!!

Find a Cruise