Cruise Ratings
See Reviews For
1 Helpful Vote
Sail Date: July 2015
For us, this was by far the most expensive cruise we have taken , but it was well worth it to see what joy it brought to our children and grandchildren. This was our first Disney cruise and it was everything that we had anticipated. Embarkation was easy and I'm glad we had had a 10:45 boarding time. We were on the ship at 11:30, had lunch and the grandchildren had pool time before we could enter our cabin at 1:30. When we left our luggage at the drop off point, we had also brought a case of water and Gatorade and that was right outside the door of our cabin along with our luggage at 1:30. Deparkation was probably the easiest we have ever encountered and took only a matter of minutes. We found the food to be excellent and our waiting staff, Hendro and Shelley were so kind to our grandchildren and the children were so impressed that they called them by name right away. Of course getting the Mickey Mouse ice cream bars was something they looked forward to every night after their dinner. We all enjoyed our 2 days at Castaway Cay. The children loved the snorkeling but the adults were disappointed that the appointment that was made for parasailing was cancelled due to high winds and the threat of a storm. There is something to do for all ages there and I just found sitting at water's edge and relaxing was just right for me. And now about Nassau, my personal recommendation is stay on the ship. Ten from our group did the Atlantis Adventure at $177.50 each and they felt ripped off. Unfortunately, 3 of the grandchildren were 1 inch too short for the slides, and one aged 9 was too old for the kiddie area. Most of the time they were able to spend together was riding on the lazy river. They actually came back to the ship early. My husband and I payed $99.25 for the Atlantis Beach Day and Discover Atlantis and that was a waste of money. We had a quick tour of maybe 3 areas of Atlantis and then were directed to the only beach we could use but they told they had no towels available and that we should come back in 30 minutes. We left and found a restaurant that was healthfully air conditioned, did a little shopping and then gladly returned to the ship. The children's clubs were wonderful. The children asked to go to them every day and this gave the adults a chance to go to The District and try some of the bar areas. We had 4 cabins- 2 balcony and 2 inside cabins. We found them to be very spacious and were well taken care of by our "stateroom host" Jorge Sanchez. Probably my only complaint and I have seen this in other reviews was how small the swimming pools were. What were they thinking? All these people on the ship and they were packed in like sardines ! Overall we all had a great time and came back quite exhausted but it was all good! Read Less
Sail Date: September 2014

Overall Disney cruise experience was wonderful. There was plenty of activities for both adults and kids aboard the ship. All employees aboard the ship made you feel welcome and was always willing to help. If I had anything to say bad it would be in the food department. I was disappointed to see them using frozen products such as waffles and pancakes and the salads didn't taste or look very fresh. I would also suggest a better dinner menu for the children to choose from. The menu was very short in variety for children. The Disney Dream was a very clean, and fun ship. Other than some of the food problems my family and I had a fantastic time.

Castaway Cay was also very clean and a fun place to spend the day with the family. All characters were wonderful with the children and guest and their was plenty of opportunities to interact with them. The shows were top quality for all ages. Activities such as pirate night and Halloween night were lots of fun for all, and let's not forget the fireworks which were very cool to see out on the ocean above your head. We will see you again soon Disney.

-The Douglas Family, Seminole FL

Sail Date: September 2013

My family went on our first Disney Cruise and can't wait to go back on another one (we have done one Carnival cruise in the past). We love Disney so this cruise was a great match for my family. First of all, save yourself a little time and process the pre-check in on-line. It makes things quicker I would have to say- especially the kid registration for their clubs.

Upon entering the ship, you immediately know you are on Disney property. EVERYTHING is immaculately adorned and cleaned! We came from Disney world and arrived around 1:30pm after having a 10am breakfast at the Polynesian. If you want to arrive early, you can board early and begin enjoying the amenities. However, bring what you'll need in your carry on because your room won't be ready until after 1pm usually and your luggage probably won't arrive until around 5pm depending on how early you arrived.

We LOVED our room. It was a deluxe inside state room with a magic porthole. We decided to just orient ourselves to the room before the muster drill. The sail away party is on deck 11 of Dream. Every staff we encountered was very friendly. We received great service in every aspect of our voyage. There was ALW'AYS something to do- for the young and old. I wasn't completely sure I wanted to leave my five year old with perfect strangers on the ship. However when I checked the Oceaneer's Club/Lab out and saw how they worked the security, I was good with it. By the last day, our son preferred visiting the cub to hanging around with us- go figure!

The food would be our biggest complaint. It wasn't as good as I had expected though we enjoyed the arrangements and the rotational dining. The size and number of pools are another mild complaint. They were way too small for the number of people on a cruise ship. You mostly bob up and down in a tight space with others who are doing the same! The Nemo Reef splash area and Mickey slide were popular with my son. We rode the Aqua Duck two times. It was fun- it went by quicker that I expected...so I wouldn't wait in very long lines to ride it. You are going very fast and you don't see much of anything but the on-coming water. One other are of dissatisfaction were the character meeting times. The characters are spread out and you have to line up for them a minimal of 30minutes if you want to meet them because they close most of the lines very quickly. The characters may only be there for 30minutes. I would recommend checking your Navigator every night to make plans for the next day- especially if characters are big on your list.

The shows were Disney quality. We loved the current movie theater. I would suggest joining a 'fish extender group' for your particular voyage. We did it and it was great fun!! There was so much to do that we want to go on a seven night cruise next year.

As far as time off the ship goes, we opted to stay on board instead of visiting Nassau. Crime has been on the rise and we just didn't feel like it was worth it...especially with a young child. We used the day to enjoy the ship. It seemed like most people chose to do the same thing because the boat felt pretty much the same. We watched "Planes" and had pizza and ice cream- how much better can life get for a five year old ( we found out what movies were going to be playing before we left to make sure that there was something he hadn't seen before so it would add to the experience).

Our voyage was the first Halloween on the High Seas. It was fun but I think they need to work on organizing it because it was pretty chaotic during Halloween events!!! So if you're bitter about not getting to go on a Halloween cruise...don't be!

Castaway Cay was beautiful and also had lots to see and do. The pirate night was fun and my son was amazed at the fireworks off the ship. He danced the night away. Disney has a cool 'library' where you can go and see all your pictures to purchase. Debarkation was smooth. The benefit of second dining rotation means you get to sleep a little later and be the last off the ship so you might want to keep that in mind when trying to decide which dining group you prefer. All in all, we had a great cruise and would suggest you give it a try!!

Find a Cruise