3. Celebrity Solstice
February 5, 2012 sailing out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). I always like sailing out of this port because of the proximity to the airport. Transfers are easy and inexpensive. We stayed in Aqua Class stateroom, #1606 on the bump out section of the ship. This cabin has a huge balcony and was not windy even though it is slightly forward facing. We previously sailed on the Eclipse and the ships are essentially identical with the exception of art and the Silk Harvest restaurant in place of Quisine. We chose Aqua class again because we were so impressed with Blu and we were not disappointed this sailing. Both breakfast and dinner were consistently excellent. The first night we had Ahi Tuna for dinner that was as good as any that I have had in the past. We were again impressed with the ship. Very clean and well maintained. Service was consistently very good. Many have written that the bartender service was sub-par. I never noticed any poor service at all and I did have the drink package, which I thought was well worth the money. We dined at Tuscan Grill one night and I thought it was better than the same restaurant on Eclipse. The service and food were excellent. We did not try Quisine or Murano on this trip although we have dined at Murano before and thought it was quite good. They have now raised the price to $40 pp which I thought was expensive. We have been on most of the major cruise lines and find Celebrity fits our requirements best. They have, in my opinion, the best food of the major lines. The cabins are well designed, bathrooms are very spacious (for a cruise ship) and especially well laid out. They have good bar service especially as compared to Princess which measures each and every shot)-: There are lots of dining choice, most for fee, but that is the norm now. They also have beautiful pool and solarium areas with comfortable padded lounge chairs. In short, we liked the ship so much we booked for next year on Reflection. We did, however, not like the itinerary with the exception of Roatan.

Beautiful ship, boring itinerary

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by wjack

wjack’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A1 1606
Very spacious balcony. Layout has the sitting area next to the door wall. Very close to central elevators and library.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins