• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

honeymooner77
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Mar 2012
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 1B

We sailed on the Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean itinerary March 11-18. We had a fabulous time and would recommend this cruise to others. Here is a summary of our impressions and experiences.

PreCruise

We flew from Fargo to Minneapolis and Minneapolis to Ft. Lauderdale. Flights were expensive! We also paid a little more to only have one stopover rather than two; flight schedules also required that we stay two nights before our cruise and one night after in Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed for two nights at the Westin Beach Resort in Ft. Lauderdale, which I got for a steal by blind bidding on lastminutetravel. The location was excellent, as it was right across from the beach with a sky-walkway over the road. We also found this stretch of beach a little quieter than farther down the A1A, which was very valuable because we were there during Spring Break. The rooms at the Westin were nice, and I was very happy with this place for about a $100/night; I might not have thought it was such a great value at the rack rates of over $250/night. I would stay there again. Our cab driver from the airport to the hotel was so crazy that we decided to use the bus for the rest of our stay. It was easy to figure out and really inexpensive; it was clear that many residents and tourists use public transportation in the areas we visited. We had an amazing dinner at The Capital Grille to celebrate my birthday--the steaks were to die for and they made me a stellar gluten free dessert. We enjoyed spending some time in Ft. Lauderdale and I'd definitely considerate for a long weekend get-away in the future, but not during Spring Break!!

Deluxe Veranda 1B