3. Legend of the Seas
We met the ship in Singapore, it's current home base, after two nights in a Singapore hotel,we travelled to Ko Samui,Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City before returning to Singapore for our onward trip to Hong Kong. We found that embarkation was pretty painless, and our suitcases appeared at our stateroom quickly. The stateroom was roomy and clean, though we were disappointed that there was tea only supplied, no coffee,when we asked the attendant for coffee, we were told that it was not allowed in the staterooms(lucky we took our own). The ship is beginning to look 'tired'but we were told that it is soon to re-locate to Hong Kong and will be having a re-fit. The main complaint on the cruise was the food, admittedly, there was a very wide selection of food in the Windjammer, but it was aimed very much at the normal Asian majority of passengers. This was the Legends first 7 day cruise, so there was much more of a mixture of nationalities aboard, this was not really reflected in the food choice. All the food was kept in Bain Maries, and it was never as hot as westerners usually like their food.Also, the fact that plastic plates were supplied to eat from is a major minus. The food in the main dining room was also never hot, there also appeared to be mashed potato served with every main course, I never saw a whole potato for the duration of the cruise.We did complain over the temperature of the food to the head waiter,the next night we were warned of the 'hot plates' but the food on them was still only warm.The sweets were very attractive to look at but totally tasteless.Whilst sunbathing on the Prom deck, we never once saw a waiter to ask if we needed a drink,this is the first cruise that we have been on where this is the case. On formal nights, I felt totally overdressed, as there were very few in evening wear, except maybe the westerners,I asked the dining room manager why the formal dress was not made compulsory,he said that they had tried that, but the dining room was empty most nights, so the had to relax the rules. If you do travel on this ship, don't bother to pack your tux. I have heard of other people , including family, that have cruised with Royal Caribbean and have nothing but praise for the service and the quality of the food, but none have travelled on the Asia-based ships so perhaps it is just these that vary from the norm.when it was time for dis-embarkation, it was nothing less than chaos, and it took some passengers a couple of hours to actually get to the luggage pick-up point outside the terminal. I filled in the questionnaire supplied on the last night of the cruise, and stated on it that I would never cruise with Royal Caribbean again, but,perhaps I'll give it another chance, but certainly not on an Asia-based ship.

An experience not to be repeated.

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by surveyor09