• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for Carnival Spirit to the Mexican Riviera
BobnLana
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2012
Cabin: Balcony (obstructed views)
Traveled with children

The first time we did a cruise it was a 9-day Mexican Riviera on the Spirit. This time it was on the Spirit again, but with the 5 kids ages 16, 15, 15, 13, and 12. Also with 3 grandparents, 2 nieces, and 1 sister-in-law.

My wife and two girls stayed in room 4195 which was on level 4 with french doors and an obstructed view. We could see a little between the life boats in this room. Having fresh air is a MUST for me when I cruise. I love to have the door open at night to hear the sounds and smell the air. The Spirit allows for this pretty cheaply with the obstructed view. You can't walk out on to anything, but you do get the fresh air. When researching I noticed that manly of Carnival's ships don't have this obstructed view. You can get a window down lower, but the window doesn't open.

The room had the double twin beds pushed together with a Pullman style bed pulled down and the couch made up as a bed. My 13 and 12 year old daughters occupied these. There is PLENLY of enough storage room in the cabin. Between the two closets with hangers, the wardrobe thing, the drawers, and under the bed we had more than enough room. I should have brought additional hangers though.

Balcony (obstructed views)

Cabin 7A

My three sons, 16, 15, and 15 were 2 doors down from us in two twin beds separated and a Pullman style bed above the couch. Room 4199

Two grandparents and a niece were on level 4 as well, but further down and had a balcony.

The sister-in-law and another niece where farther down on the opposite side. They were in an accessible cabin. She had a scooter type wheelchair. This room was plenty wide enough at the front door and the bathroom door. There is extra room in the cabin and bathroom. She had a window that didn't open with an obstructed view as well. This was GREAT for her and allowed her to cruise. There are a very limited number of these rooms, PLEASE don't book one of these unless you really use the wheelchair to get around.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

I think this is the last safe area I would cruise to Mexico. There is tons of security walking around on the beach and even way back in town where the shops are. I felt safe here with my kids, but no where else in Mexico.

previous reviewnext review