3. Mariner of the Seas
First have to talk about experience dealing with Royal Caribbean as I booked with them directly. I have mixed viewpoints. Booking the trip was very good but some correspondance(e-mail) afterwards went unanswered. I absolutely hate when you call and you have a recording singing about waiting on the line, very annoying. I don't think there call centre staff are well trained in terms of dealing with people as sometimes they are not as friendly as they should be. Something minor I have noticed since dealing with Royal Carribean. Stayed at the Marriot Hotel at the George Bush airport in Houston the night before embarkation. We arrived late. It was a good decision. Excellent stay. Would of liked to have taken the Royal Caribbean shuttle from the airport the next day to Galveston pier but its against Royal Caribbean policy. I don't understand why. Taken Galveston limo and they were good. Of anything, I give embarkation a very low rating. It could of been better and from what I can see, the improvement would be minor to improve it. They had lots of staff to give your sea pass into to but it seemed that many did not get used because the person at the far end of the line can't see them. They need a better method (i.e light) to know that an RC rep is available. That was the only negative. Cabin was excellent. Had a balcony on the 8th deck. I thought food was excellent. Ate in Dining Room and Windjammer. They had a barbecue on the deck on the 2nd sea day. It was very good. Ate in Portofino's as well. I miss the pasta which used to serve. The dining staff were very good. Our room attendent was excellent. Didn't see a lot shows, just too tired at the end of the day. We really enjoyed the ports of Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. Read the Cruise Critic site on these ports, lots of good information on what to do. Debarkation was fine. It was fast for us and left to the airport at the time we thought it would be.

Very Enjoyable Cruise

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by BobbyOrr

• Sail Date: February 2012
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

That was the only negative.

BobbyOrr’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E1 8590
Lots of storage space for 2 people. Quiet Location. Port side. Not quite in the middle but more so aft which was where we went most anyway.
Did not feel cramped. Comfortable bed.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins