• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2012
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

My husband and I booked this cruise with Virgin Cruises . We had 6 nights in Ras Al Khaimah before joining the cruise in Dubai . We had no difficulty arriving in Dubai airport . I had brought copies of my husbands prescription medicines but no-one was interested. ,and we were soon on our way to Ras Al Khaimah . After 6 enjoyable relaxing days we were transferred to the cruise terminal in Dubai arriving around 11.30 Am . I had printed off the Rccl health questionnaire kindly posted on the forum and had completed it that morning before checking in which speeded things up . We checked in at the Crown and Anchor desk and were soon on board . We made our made to the windjammer on desk 11 and had an enjoyable lunch there when it opened at 12 Pm . We were pleased to see that free soft drinks and water were available with lunch . Our stateroom was available at 1Pm . We had opted for an inside stateroom as I had read that the ports of call were all container ports . Our cabin on deck 9 was quite adequate . Our luggage arrived around 2.30 Pm .

Virgin had laid on a champagne reception in the Starqest Loungue and we attended that and watched in comfort as the ship departed Dubai . We had 2nd sitting dinner i.e 9pm and were at a table of 6 . we hadn't bothered with the wine package as my husband doesn't drink wine . I just ordered a bottle for around $38 including tip and this did me for a couple of dinners . My husband had beer $8 with tip Cider was also available .Iced water was served with the meal free of charge .Day 2 Fujairah

We decided to stay on board as we had read that their wasn't much to see . A free shuttle bus was provided to take you to a supermarket .

Interior Stateroom

Cabin L

Our cabin was fine with good storage space . However our cases didn't fit under the bed . Although we had a connecting cabin we didn't experience any noise disturbance .

1 Helpful Vote