3. Carnival Conquest
Our first time cruise but after the Conquest, WILL NOT be our last! We did as much research as we could prior to taking the cruise (including reviews, boards, articles) so we would know what to expect. I recommend this to everyone who is taking a cruise. I'll follow the Cruiser's Choice Poll for this review. Embarkation - Much smoother than we thought it would be, especially considering two large ships were dis-embarking and embarking passengers. We arrived early (10:15) and whizzed straight through with no lines. We were lucky enough to begin boarding at 11 (vice the 12 advertised). We were on by 11:30. Overall thoughts about the ship - After being in the Navy for 30 years, the cleanliness and preservation of a ship gives me a pretty good idea about the crew. The Conquest was REALLY clean and WELL preserved. This really jumped out to me when we moored opposite another Carnival ship which had rust, black marks and overall dirty appearance. I have to commend the Captain and crew! Cabin - balcony cabins are the only way to go! As expected the bathroom was small and you NEED to bring a power strip (there's only 1 plug in the room). The steward (Angel) kept the inside clean and the crew washed the glass on the balcony at least THREE times the week we cruised! Fitness and Recreation - didn't partake, but heard lots of great comments from those that did. Dining - we had the anytime dining in the Renior Dining Room. Service was GREAT as well as the entertainment (HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!) Stay away from the chocolate melting cake! After having it EVERY night, it added way too many pounds LOL. Although we did not personally experience it, we heard very NEGATIVE comments from passengers dining in the Monet Room, none of which we experienced in the Renior. So I would recommend the anytime dining in the Renior. Lines were not too long for breakfast so we went through the buffet for breakfast. We tried breakfast in the Monet once, but wasn't impressed. Stick with the buffet. Pizza and sandwiches were great. Our expereince overall was very positive. Ports - we went to three ports, Key West, Freeport Bahamas and Nassau Bahamas. We enjoyed Key West the best. Least favorite was Freeport as it was too hard to get out of the industrial area and to the city. Carnival could stop going there and no passengers would miss ANYTHING! Only thing that we thought Carnival could do better was to sell the pictures cheaper! They take them constantly and we would have liked to have purchased more, but NOT AT THE PRICES! Prior to the cruise I read alot about Carnival pressing the sale of alcohol. I saw it but was not offended by it. No biggee. OVERALL - Was REAL impressed with out cruise.

Conquest the BEST

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by kurtlinda

Our first time cruise but after the Conquest, WILL NOT be our last!

OVERALL - Was REAL impressed with out cruise.
kurtlinda’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8B 8347
8347 was great. When I first saw the location (close to the elevators) I thought noise was going to be an issue. Only noise we heard was the sraping of chairs one deck up. Overall was REALLY satisfied.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins