• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Dawn Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Best 10 Days of Our Lives!

Review for Norwegian Dawn to the Southern Caribbean
oolietwo
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2012
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

I always find these reviews helpful so I feel I should do my share in providing a review as well. We had the most wonderful cruise on the Norwegian Dawn. We picked this cruise mainly because of the Ports of call - many we haven't seen before. I'll elaborate on a few topics below:

Dining: We dined mainly in the Venetian. Found the menu to be varied and tasty each night. The only specialty restaurant we did was Bamboo because I'm on this Asian kick lately. It was wonderful. The wait staff were so friendly and we never felt "hurried" as I've read in other reviews. One negative: Their pancakes and waffles have much to be desired. We never at the buffet as I don't care for buffets. We always did breakfast in the Venetian and it was always good - minus the pancakes and waffles of course.

Fitness Center - When we cruised Princess last year I didn't like the fitness center. I loved the Dawn's fitness center. My hubby and I vowed each day we would make a point of it and stuck with it. We also made sure to walk on the promendade each day. Six times around is nearly two miles. This will really help in keeping the weight down, which is already difficult on a cruise. I highly recommend that.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin BA

Norwegian Dawn - Cabin 9168 - great bathroom size but cabin is a little smaller than on most ships. Great location - quiet but close enought to levels 12 and 7 (where you spend most of the time).

previous reviewnext review