Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Great 10th Cruise

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by lashue

• Sail Date: Mar 2012
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean

We flew from Richmond, VA on Jetblue, as always a great direct flight. Stayed at Courtyard Marriott in Dania they pick you up for free and give you free transport to the port the next morning. Rooms are a little pricy but you can walk to the Bass Pro Shop eat at their restaurant on the porch by the water and it's the perfect start to a vacation.

Embarkation: Took the free shuttle at 10:00, checked in without having to stand in line so long, sat and talked to some really nice people, was on the ship by 11:30.

Food: We ate Breakfast on the Lido, great food. Lunch on Lido also very good and a great selection. Dinner we ate in the dining room 6:00, wonderful service and really great food again. I am a pastry chef and kitchen manager for a caterer and have been in food for many years so I appreciate good food.

Ports: Grand Turk, we just got off the ship and went to the beach, my husband and our friend went Snorkeling, we brought our own gear, if you do this I recommend bringing water shoes there are a lot of rocks. The guys saw a lot of fish. Went to Margaritaville also. La Romana Dominican Republic didn't take tour, our friends took a van to a shopping area and said it was terrible. We have been here and took tours before, for us it was a good day to do laundry! Aruba booked the Land Rover North Coast tour it was a blast saw so much and our guide Curtis was great! Curacao Booked a sightseeing country drive tour wish we had done something more exciting but we did see a lot.

Only complaint the ship does need a little TLC I know she was in dry dock but they could of done some updates on the furniture it does look worn and our bed and linens were not as nice as they should of been. If you don't like a hard bed just beware and the pillows are really flat. Also our room 8175 had the Lido above it so one night the band played until 1:00 a.m. and I woke up to Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses! I like the music but not that late!

Great Cruise and wish I was their now!

lashue's Full Rating Summary