3. Carnival Splendor
After reading previous reviews, I had low expectations. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was great: made to order eggs for breakfast, rotisserie chicken for lunch, lots of great food for dinner. We had high tea on the ship days with real Devon cream and yummy macaroons. All the breads and pastries were excellent. We splurged for the spa package and that proved to be a wonderful addition. The thasso pool was never crowded and the steam rooms were virtually empty. My spouse and I loved the warm tile couches. The serenity room and deck were also uncrowded and peaceful. This was our first cruise that wasn't full of seniors. It was nice to see all the families and young couples. We never experienced loud or out of control children. The decor is a little weird and not as pretty as the art deco ships, but it sort of grows on one, and the tile work is extraordinary, including a lot of hand-blown glass tiles. Our room steward was extremely attentive and the dining room staff seemed fine to me. All of the wait staff spoke excellent English. Oh yes, the price was unbeatable. We originally bought a balcony room which was quite reasonable with the CA resident discount. Then, two weeks before sailing, we were offered an upgrade to a suite for a total of $210 (not per person, total for the cabin). What fun! We think we're going to make this an annual vacation.

Terrific Cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by dorsett123

• Sail Date: February 2012
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean Suite

We think we're going to make this an annual vacation.
dorsett123’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7236
Great cabin, plenty of room, plenty of storage. Nice balcony with room for two lounge chairs and two tables.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins