3. Norwegian Sun
If you're looking for a 20+ story ship with a rock wall, amphitheatre or water slides, this is NOT your ship. If you're looking for a smaller ship with plenty of relaxation with great entertainment & food this IS your ship! The Sun is small enough to find your way around, yet large enough to get away. This was our 3rd cruise & I believe this was the best. The service was exceptional. The food was great! I love NCL's freestyle. You can eat what you want when you want it. This makes it easy to decide on a whim, or dress up and make reservations, it's totally up to you! We ate in the Ginza for sushi twice, so amazingly delicious. Also ate in the Four Seasons, Le Bistro and had wings in the sports bar. Other times we ate in the Garden cafe or had room service. The jacuzzi was perfect at night because most of the older people were gone inside, which left it to just us, again, amazing! I loved the 13th sun deck, it was the 'quiet zone'. So much more relaxing than the pool deck with a band playing. The band was nice & all, but I prefer to hear to wind. Our stateroom was always top notch! We needed an iron one night, called guest services & it was delivered to the room in less than 5 minutes! Honest. Ordered coffee to the room every morning by filling out the breakfast room service card. This was nice, because I got my caffeine fix without having to leave our stateroom. We had a deluxe oceanview stateroom. Also amazing. We were on like a half of floor. There was no elevator access to our floor which was a good thing as well, because it made for much less foot traffic! We rode the elevator to 7 and walked down to our room. If I sailed on the Sun again, I would request very same room! The shows were good also, gotta love a good comedian! Overall a 10 on my scale!

NCL Sun - small in size, large in awesomeness!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by NC_is_Home

• Sail Date: February 2012
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview Picture Window
The Sun is small enough to find your way around, yet large enough to get away.
The shows were good also, gotta love a good comedian!
Overall a 10 on my scale!
NC_is_Home’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Family Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin O1
Best cabin ever! Deluxe ocean view. No traffic.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins