Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by BoxerLuver

• Sail Date: Feb 2012
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

We just got back yesterday from our 6 night cruise aboard the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. This is the largest ship my husband and I have been on and our first time with a balcony, which we LOVED and felt it was worth the extra money especially since we were celebrating our 20th Anniversary.

I loved the Royal Promenade and the spaciousness of it. I found the decore all over the ship beautiful and the staff always so attentive and helpful. We enjoyed the shows we saw, only one production show, Ballroom Fever and it was the entertainers first cruise and they had to be fitted and reherse.There was a magician/comedian who was wonderful and we caught the end to the Nelson Brothers' Show which was good. Lots of different music all over the ship.

This was our third cruise with RC and I felt that the food in the dining room was note quite as good as on the Grandure and Enchantment, however what was good was that there were more choices for light dinning other than the Windjammer, which is always so crowded during meal times no matter which ship you go on. My husband loved Chops, but unfortunately I was not feeling 100% that night and couldn't enjoy it as I wanted to.

We did our own thing in each port. Labadee was extremely beautiful, however there were two ships in port, us and Explorer and each ship had approximately 3000 passangers, so with 6000 people on the beach it got crowded. We ended up going back to the ship and having the Solarium almost to ourselves.

I love sea days, but one problem with all the ships is enough pool side seating, but I'm not sure how they could solve this.

Overall we had a wonderful time and even put a deposit down for a future cruise.

BoxerLuver's Full Rating Summary

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 7368

Nice size both for the room and bathroom. We enjoyed the views. I did feel some movement from the ship, so if you are someone who is vulnerable to motion sickness this might not be the cabin for you

Labadee

Labadee was extremely beautiful, but with two ships in port it was very crowed on the beach. Also, I wanted to shop, but the vendors are too aggressive and I went to the market with fixed prices so I didn't have to be hounded.

BoxerLuver