3. Enchantment of the Seas
My family and I, along with our son's girlfriend decided to Enchantment of the Seas because it was local for us. We arrived from South Jersey within two hours. Parking is available at the port and plan to pay as you arrive. Checkin went well and arrived on the ship and was able to go to the Windjammer for lunch. Our cabin was nice. I always like to have a balcony so I could step out and enjoy the ocean while at sea. Our cabin steward was great - he was always fixing our room up and was very pleasant. One thing I was disappointed about was the pools. They did, several years ago, take the ship, cut it in half and expanded it along with some remodeling. However, the two pools are not graduated, they are about 4 1/2 feet deep so children who can't swim cannot really enjoy the pools. Our twelve year old is short for his age and was not able to go into the pools. There is a wading area for toddlers, but nothing for children that don't swim. The dining room was nice. We always enjoy Royal Caribbean's food. Our head waiter, Ice was great and paid extra attention to our son. Carmen, our bread waiter was friendly and just went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. The shows were enjoyable. However, plan to arrive about a 1/2 hour early. The theater does fill up quickly. They do offer activites of which if you do something, again, arrive early. We went up to the lounge, but it was so smokey, we had to leave. There is a rock climbing wall that is fun to try, although I wasn't quite able to make it to the top! There is also a trampoline that looks like kids enjoyed. We loved the ports we visited. Labadee, Haiti was beautiful. This was Royal Caribbean's private beach. They do offer a wonderful lunch and we found this day to be our favorite! Puerto Rico was excellent for our horseback ride. St. Thomas - great for snorkeling and shopping! In all, we did have a nice time. But, the ship is looking worn and could use some updating.

Enchantment of the Seas - Not great, but ok

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by radtechmom

• Sail Date: July 2011
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom
They do offer activites of which if you do something, again, arrive early.
We went up to the lounge, but it was so smokey, we had to leave.

radtechmom’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin H
Our cabin had a balcony which was located mid-ship. Great location - easy access to either end of the ship.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Jeep Tour
    We took a jeep tour - but be warned, they are MANUAL transmissions! If you don't know how to drive a manual vehicle, they will put you in the back of a jeep with someone else driving. Make sure you have your driver's license! The jeeps looks worn - some of the seat-belts don't work. We drove to a local fruit stand where we were given a lesson on coconut, bananas and coffee. We drove to another area where we walked to a waterfalls. The walk is tricky - have to walk on top of sandbags through streams - but we all did have a great time. We were running late and if you book through Royal Caribbean, the ship will wait for you!
  • Snuba
    We booked this trip with husband and our twelve year old son. What I didn't know was that if you have any medical problem, you need to have a physician's note stating you are okay with any strenuous activity. I wasn't able to go under the water with the weights because I had heart surgery as a child. Husband didn't do too well with his asthma - so my son and I just stayed close to shore and snorkeled near the beach.