3. Carnival Pride
Quick background - My husband and I have four kids, ages 9, 8, 3 and 2. Also on this trip was my parents, my three sisters, and a sisters spouse and child. 13 of us in total - we had 4 cabins, all obstructed view balconies. We drove from Boston to Baltimore on Saturday and stayed in the Days Inn. Hotel was fine, free Wifi and breakfast. Also a free shuttle and parking for the week. Got to the port, check in was absolutely smooth. My family didn't have passports, and it didn't complicate things at all. The two bottles of wine and 12 pack of Red Bull were absolutely simple - no problems at all. Picture and walking up the gangway was also smooth, but of course, we were super excited to get on board. Once on board, this was the one and only time on the cruise that we were not pleased. There was a ridiculous amount of people in the Mermaid Grille and absolutely no place for us and our four kids to sit. So, we walked on the decks for a few and then decided to venture down to the 5th floor to try and find our cabin. Yes, there were signs that said that the rooms weren't going to be ready, but I left my husband and the kids in the hallway by the elevator and went searching alone. I found our room, ready. I went back and got them and off to our room we went. No one said a word. It was sooooo much better than being out in the craziness of the lido deck! Other than that one aspect of the cruise, there was NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to complain about. Camp Carnival was AMAZING. The kids wanted to be there every single minute. Even my little ones. The children's dinners made it possible for my husband and I to enjoy quite dinners alone almost every night in the Normandie! We couldn't have asked for more! We didn't get off the boat in Port Canaveral, we had an awesome family day! We spent the day at the pool, hanging out, playing around, tanning and eating of course! I don't even remember how many ice creams the kids had! In Nassau, we went to Junkanoo Beach - a quick walk and had an awesome day! Reggae music, clear blue ocean, warm sun and a pina colada was exactly what I wanted and exactly what I got! The water was calm and we were able to sit back and let the kids have the freedom to play as they wanted. It really was great! In Freeport, we left 3 of the kids at Camp Carnival and took our 8 year old daughter to Port Lucaya. She was the only one who wanted to go shopping! LOL There honestly wasn't much to see, it was pretty lame. Had we realized that the same items were right there off the boat, we would've saved the $30 on the round trip taxi ride. There was plenty to do on the ship, every minute there was something to do. It was great. Even just going back to the room after lunch to digest and hang out on the balcony was so peaceful. The food was great - even got my husband to try shark, alligator and conch! No complaints there! The 24 hour room service is also awesome, and yes, you can ask them to add things to your order, just ask!! My husband likes his pastrami sandwiches toasted with Swiss and they did just that! Just ask! Our room steward, Harry was also incredible! We'll miss you Harry! All in all an amazing vacation for all of us. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

A family cruise to remember

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by mommabboy

• Sail Date: January 2012
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed views)

Our room steward, Harry was also incredible! We'll miss you Harry!

mommabboy’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9

Balcony (obstructed views)
Cabin 7A 5160
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Don't let the fact that it's an obstructed balcony discourage you, we had an awesome view and would definitely book this cabin again!
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins