3. Carnival Paradise
Great cruise for the money. Cozumel was great Let me begin by saying that we went with a large party (10 people) and we could have gone any other cruise line and more than likely would have experienced the same thing. We didn't see any shows, I didn't play putt putt golf, use the gym, or take advantage of any of the shopping excursions. We strictly hung out with friends, drank a whole bunch and continued this epic party into Cozumel and back. I will also note that 3 of our party are Mexican and that certainly aided in our ability to enjoy ourselves... Embarkment Quick and easy. I expected a long line so we got to the Tampa Port around 11 and after asking a couple of questions, was able to pay for parking and round up our luggage in no time. I will say that if would be advisable to have luggage with wheels. We had a suite so VIP check in was included and the amount of time it took from parking on the 3rd floor to walking onto the ship was about 25 minutes. Really. First Day No smells, public bathrooms were clean and it seemed like everyone was as happy as we were. We live near a beach in FL and I really could care less about the pool. I was glad to see that other people did not feel like me as they excitedly got half naked. I'm glad I had sunglasses on for the amount of pale northerners was a site to behold. Our waiter was extremely nice and accommodating and all the staff worked hard to expedite clearing of tables. We took advantage of the casino where I played BJ for about 2 hours and won 14 dollars playing minimum bets. The casino staff was just as accommodating but considering the amount of time we were in the casino I was surprised that none of us were comped a dime. We then had fun at the 'REX' club and partied our asses off till around 3am. Did not eat in the MDR, only the Paris buffet and it was as I expected. Hard to find a table inside, but was good food. Second Day--Cruise Day Woke up just as hung over as I expected. Had a dude facial at 10am. Guy was nice and used a 'mach 3 razor' instead of a straight blade. Cold weather in Jax FL dried my face out so I was hoping to look as good as Tom Selleck when finished. Instead, I got a facial RASH and still had to pay. I still tipped. Wasn't the guys fault...I think. Tried to redeem my unhappiness with my man facial and went to the casino. Lost $100 in 10 minutes. Went to the cabin to sulk and decided to get my $$ back. Lost another $100 dollars in 20 minutes. I still had fun even though the dealer had more in tip money than I walked away with. Met up with friends and continued to get shit faced although I stopped earlier than my fellow party goers...Wanted to enjoy Cozumel the next day. We got dressed up and went to the nice dining room. I was happy even though the lobster was as good as bad crayfish. I still ate 3 Lobster tails... Third Day--Cozumel HAD. A. BLAST. We took our time leaving the ship (1130) and after loosely browsing the available merchants, we decided to take a cab ride to playa Mia. Excellent Food, excellent service, excellent mojitos. Seeing Mexico like this pisses me off about living in America the Free. Drank Heavily and left a little early so we can buy the mandated tourist gifts. Being a tipsy tourist, my grande sombrero I was carrying accidentally knocked some shot glasses off a shelve...No problemo senor--they didn't make me pay. I love COZUMEL! Fourth Day--Cruise Day. The Carnival Paradise is an older ship. I don't know if a newer boat would be as bad, but we crossed the gulf with a looming front North of us. I stayed in the cabin all day sea sick. I am prone to sea sickness but no amount of Dramamine or Bomine(sp) saved me from the doom that awaited me. My GF got sick as well....So allow me to expand on our cabin. It was nice, a little dated, but nice. We smoke and the balconies were tiny. The commode felt great every time I had to flush. However, the mattress was as hard as concrete and I couldn't get comfy. I sat upright on the leatherette couch instead. Flat screen TV but no HD. Movies were okay at best. The fridge was nothing more than a storage box that didn't get cold. Room service was prompt and the express service for ironing my garments was quick (1 hour). The stewards were awesome (We love you Raymond!)...I got chocolates every time they came to straighten up the room. Disembark.. Just as easy as getting on the ship. Overall I had an awesome trip. With the exception of my sea sickness, I really don't have anything to complain about. Except my man facial. And I lost $200 at the BJ tables but that was my fault. (played 2 hands at a time)

Fun First Time Cruise

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by busted_

• Sail Date: February 2012
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite
Great cruise for the money. Cozumel was great

Embarkment

First Day

Third Day--Cozumel

HAD. A. BLAST.

Fourth Day--Cruise Day.

Disembark..

Just as easy as getting on the ship.

busted_’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin JS V3
Cabin was nice. I liked Miami Vice and I felt like I was walking into Crockett's personal room with pink ceilings and tiny tile. Even the curtains seemed to come right off the set.

Flat Screen but no HD. I was expecting a tiny balcony but this was A TINY BALCONY. The bathroom was fine. The zebra wood they used throughout the room was beautiful. The bed was hard as concrete. However, a friend on the same cruise requested a different mattress and the staff brought another for him. Plenty of storage for my OCD self.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins